Always The Last T Know

East_Stand_Al

Why is it that when our players are linked with clubs elsewhere, and this had been done through proper channels i.e. given permission by the club agree a fee etc., do we always have to find out via the media and other clubs websites ?

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDe...1713475,00.html

Our own website has nowt, Clarky went and the last place to publish it ..........our site.

Is it the case that its only 'Flow who can update the site and if he's busy or away his holidays or something then we get told jack shit ?

I personally think we are sometimes treated as 2nd class citizens by our own club, there have been some recent very positive steps taken but still a long way to go.

Guest 'Flow

It's a wee bit unfair Al....

There are a whole host of issues that you face when you run an official site that you don't realise until you are actually in the job (I am sure GrahamB can confirm).

The main one is that you can't deal in speculation. Whilst Sky Sports and BBC et al can run with "Player X is set to join", we have to wait till the ink is dry on a deal before we can announce.

That is made even more difficult, in situations like this, when we are the selling club. We've done everything at our end and were just waiting for them to finalise the last bits of the deal. When they've done that they can add/announce it anytime and if they don't tell us/me then you can see where problems arise.

If a situation arises where there is a deal happening between both clubs then I try and make contact with their teams' web editor and we agree a time (and details) of when and what we're putting out (Finalisation of the Clarkson deal was case and point - Adam, the web editor from from Bristol City and I both agreed on a 2.30pm announcement which gave us both time to get our statements ready). That way no-one is low-balling anyone else but in a lot of cases, such as this, that doesn't happen!

I was on a day-off, one of the very, very few I've had in 2009 and came rushing into work (my pre-prepared statement was on the works' computer) to get it added on.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/index.php?op...&Itemid=134

Anyway, best of luck Coach!

'Flow

Why is it that when our players are linked with clubs elsewhere, and this had been done through proper channels i.e. given permission by the club agree a fee etc., do we always have to find out via the media and other clubs websites ?

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDe...1713475,00.html

Our own website has nowt, Clarky went and the last place to publish it ..........our site.

Is it the case that its only 'Flow who can update the site and if he's busy or away his holidays or something then we get told jack shit ?

I personally think we are sometimes treated as 2nd class citizens by our own club, there have been some recent very positive steps taken but still a long way to go.

Christ are we moaning about absolutely everything now? This is ridiculous now, get a grip ffs.

What's the point in 'undisclosed fees'? Are we scared to tell the public what we got/paid for a player? Will it not be shown in the annual accounts anyway? Can't understand the thinking behind this.

Anyway, all the best Coach.

there are some folk on here who having won the Euromillions on friday night, got jiggy with Miss Scotland on the Saturday night - would wake up on the Sunday and find something to still moan about. Their is an army of Victor Meldrews on this site.

The official site is one of the best in the league and a million times better than what we had a couple of years ago. Give us peace :lol:

Totally agree, IMO it's one of the best official club sites I've seen.

The fact that folk hardly talk about the 'fishel site these days is a testament to the fact that people are generally happy with it. Moaners are always much more loud than happy people !

Back on the mailing list years back, many of us raised our concerns over the poor quality of the site and lack of timely info. It was the last source of Well info for me, behind the "unofficial", FPC and BBC.

Now I check it out right away as the info IS timely and the presentation is much more interesting. We now get more info on it than before, even if some moan about the strip and grass updates, that is what the site is designed to do......to give as much Well info as possible and keep the fans engaged and connected. I for one am happy about that.

I think the club should should be commended for listening to the fans and taking the site more seriously. Having a dedicated EE like Flow, with links to the fanbase, is also a good move.

A few questions...

** Flow; what is the status of putting highlights / video interviews etc on the site ? I remember you saying last year that it was coming soon. I have seen this on a number of wee'er club sites and would love to see it on ours.

** Re the Unofficial (www.motherwellfc.org) ....is it done? It was last updated at the end of January. If I remember, family committments are an issue but will the site return at some point ? I have checked it our for many, mnay years and appreciated the efforts.

Things are close to getting out of hand. Of cousrse we're entitled to information and in the past in some cases it's been poor (like the pitch situation last year)

However huge strides forward have been taken - downside is - some folk appear to want to know what washing powder the the ticket office staff use and question their preference for tablets over thon new gel stuff - and when they don't get an answer throw some kind off wobbly.

We need to understand that this is the close season and at a club like ours the pumps can't possibly be manned 24/7.

I think the problem for some people is that 'Flow was a regular poster on here (and owner of WTFC.net before that) and was generally right in the middle of everything that was being organised (the WTFC team, running buses to the Masters, etc) so he built up a good personal relationship with a lot of the posters on here. As a result, I think people expect themselves to be privvy to any information that 'Flow has, and expect to be told everything that goes on. Realistically, that's not going to happen and the assumption that it can is unfair. You're basically asking a guy to risk his livlihood so that we can gossip and speculate over tit-bits of largely pointless information. Give it a rest, folks.