How Was The Trip?

Bloke from Llanelli

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got back at 3am this morning.

What a day so it was. Locals were top class, Banter was in full flow, Fan Zone was brilliant!

Cheers for making such a memorabile day and good luck with your season! I'll be keeping an eye on the Welsh League now!

Hear, hear - the locals couldn't have been more friendly, with the exception of some young ASBO candidates at the end of the tunnel on the entrance to the stadium. The young lad who was roundly booed during the march for wearing a h*n top looked totally bemused and looked as though he could have killed his father for making him wear it. :O

Aye, totally echo those already posted, got back just about half 5 this morning, what a trip. The blokes we met down there were fantastic, the fan zone, absolutely top notch, really could have made a killing and bumped the prices up, but everything was very reasonable, the merchandise on sale was a great idea and the strips at £3 must have made a killing. The march, very good, the police too all day, including one sent up from Motherwell were top notch, happy just to let the party go without getting too involved other than a wee friendly warning from what I could see.

I'd love to go down there for pre season one year and play at Stebo as the stadium and pitch looked immaculate and as said, the people, amazing.

Alfaman on Southernsteels laptop.

Fantastic! Everything went like clockwork and everyone was so friendly, made for a perfect awayday.

Locals came out and lined the streets as "The March" went past. All cheering and waving.

Police stopped all traffic for half an hour, and those held up just got out of their cars and joined in.

I'm sure there will be more soon, but here is a taste on youtube

A grand day out,thanks to all in Wales. :lol:

My 1st European Away Trip and it certainly won't be the last!!!

The people were great as was the atmosphere!!!!

Great Result and great time had my all!!

Pictures are still making me giggle!! Especially the Dancing in Tom Peppers!!!!!

Loving the wrist band and all the drink that came with it!

C'mon Thee Well

Alfaman on Southernsteels laptop.

Fantastic! Everything went like clockwork and everyone was so friendly, made for a perfect awayday.

"Like Clockwork" apart from the blowout? :thumbup: I'm just home, really enjoyed my trip. Locals were great and made us feel very welcome the walk to the stadium, the game itself and the fanzone were all brilliant. Just to put a dampener on it i think i may have got speeding on the way home around Carlisle by a van on top of a bridge, anyone else see it? :(

"Like Clockwork" apart from the blowout? :thumbup: I'm just home, really enjoyed my trip. Locals were great and made us feel very welcome the walk to the stadium, the game itself and the fanzone were all brilliant. Just to put a dampener on it i think i may have got speeding on the way home around Carlisle by a van on top of a bridge, anyone else see it? :(

I sure did see it , they are sneeky bastards!!! :(

Saw the sneeky yellow van on the bridge!! Obviously nowt better to do!!!

and the wristband was given when you paid your £8 entry fee to Peppers for as much drink as you could consume!!!!

I'd had my fill by then after traweling the pubs and being at the Fanzone!!!

Saw the sneeky yellow van on the bridge!! Obviously nowt better to do!!!

Aye, after reading up on it i think il be alright but the guy in the lane to the right of me must have been doing at least a tonne. Hopefully they'll have mercy on me seeing as its a micra. :thumbup: Anyway, i wont let thinking about that spoil a great trip, the folks at our B&B were brilliant as well i would go back down for a game in a heartbeat.

Back around half 9 after leaving Llanelli at half 1 today! Whole day was absolutely brilliant. Drink consumed reached dangerous levels. A wee mention to the Met bar and Tam Peppers. Hopefully everyone enjoyed ma Neil Diamond Kareoke. Locals were brilliant and no trouble what-so-ever.

Now i'm off to bed, the hangovers still here :thumbup:

hey guys, just wanted to say what a pleasure it was to meet so many great people(even though i was working most of the day) got myself a Motherwell shirt to boot cheers sneeky !!! won't be trying that Buckfast again anytime soon not after a 16 hr shift anyways, well anyways just a big thanks from all the bar staff at the Stradey Park Hotel don't think we have had such a laugh in work before !!!

Phil

Amazing trip I had. Great stay in the Stradey Park Hotel.

Arrived early Wednesday and left this afternoon. Thanks again to all at Llanelli! Myself and the other half had a great time(We were the two that sat behind the side door under the TV screen all Wednesday/Thursday). Also thanks to the McClenaghan's and mate Graham who we had a fun filled Wednesday night of good banter in the Stradey Arms!

Possibly return to Llanelli sometime this year!

"Like Clockwork" apart from the blowout? :whistling: I'm just home, really enjoyed my trip. Locals were great and made us feel very welcome the walk to the stadium, the game itself and the fanzone were all brilliant. Just to put a dampener on it i think i may have got speeding on the way home around Carlisle by a van on top of a bridge, anyone else see it? :rolleyes:

I think that pesky van got me too! Just need to wait for the dreaded letter. Should be interesting tho was in a hire car from my mates work! :(

I hope to fuck it never caught me, if i only got a fine id accept that but if i get points on my license im humped. I cant have been doing over 80 when i seen it though and i braked, speedometers also seem to exagerate the speed so perhaps we'll be alright. I know i shouldnt have been speeding but that bit of road is 3 or 4 lanes wide and always empty they just know people are going to be doing 80 or above on it.

there was a guy in a black astra coupe in front of me in the fast lane doing well over 90 n I was doing about 80 when I clocked it. He didn't see it till he was almost under it so he's fecked! Just need to hope for the best.

Aye, the points are a sore one especially if you already have some. Luckily I don't. Canny do anything about it now so don't worry about it.

Rest of the trip was ace. The Wesh are top people! Funniest bits were some guy falling down the hill at the Fanzone trying to punt the baw and the quality wee barmaid who took a total beemer when she got a massive cheer as she walked through the carpark to start her shift. She was mortified.

Oh and the game was alright tae!

Anyone else stay in the Southmead Guest house? Owner guy was a smelly tink! But I can only echo what everyone else is saying! Great trip. Fanzone was class.

:lol:

Aye, Brazilian, my sister and myself were in there. Basic it would be fair to say but it served its purpose.

Classy joggy bottoms the owner had - on both days eh! :D

Having said that he do disappear after 9am to make me my breakfast so it wasn't all bad.