How Was The Trip?

Bloke from Llanelli

"Like Clockwork" apart from the blowout? :lol: I'm just home, really enjoyed my trip. Locals were great and made us feel very welcome the walk to the stadium, the game itself and the fanzone were all brilliant. Just to put a dampener on it i think i may have got speeding on the way home around Carlisle by a van on top of a bridge, anyone else see it? :D

Just to put your mind at rest, i seen the van as well, its not for speeding, its for folk with no tax, so don't panic..

Cheers..

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Like Clockwork" apart from the blowout? :lol:

Alfaman still at Southernsteels here:-

Aye mate a wee scare, blowout at 90MPH just north of Killington Lake on the way down. The arse of the car was shakin aboot like Beyonce on crack! Anyhow went into Kendal and got a new tyre. Bet I'm the only well fan wi a nearside rear tyre that says " A present from the lakes" on it! :D .

Hope you don't get points wee man, that would fekk yir insurance right up.

Good tae see in the fanzone as a fully fledged euro member.

All the best, I'm just off to a beer festival :lol:

There were two of them, the first of them i noticed nobody really seemed to be slowing down for, either they missed it like me or they knew it couldn't get you in trouble and then there was another slightly further up the road which cars were slowing down for. I was under the impression that the ones painted in bright colours are the ones with the speed cameras? I hope your right though mate. :lol: Just need to wait and see.

Fly bassa's in that camera van, strategically placed on a bridge at the bottom of a hill in a blind spot above a long left hand bend, :lol: , pretty sure I got the speed down to under 75 but not sure I got it under 70mph :huh: suppose I'll just have to wait and see like most.

Edit: the one I'm referring to was definately a speed trap van, not a VOSA tax camera van (plenty of them in operation on journey up and down)

Anyone else stay in the Southmead Guest house? Owner guy was a smelly tink! But I can only echo what everyone else is saying! Great trip. Fanzone was class.

Southmead guest house had two stars too many, manky hole of a place and the 'director' looked well strange ( as in like a reclusive serial killer type dude B-) ) Breakfast was not too bad, off street parking a bonus, and the location was pretty good, but I'd rather spend the night in the local sewage works than another one in there.

Edit: aye MJ spotted the wee 'Well guy on the shelf, wasn't really into engaging the dude in conversation about it, in case it represented someone 'living' under the patio :P

only encountered, 4 other guests, a 'Well supporting family spending the thursday night like us, heards a couple of lads coming in about 2 in the morning but never seen anyone else out of the 20 guests

almost everyone else we encountered were top class, although an awfy lot of folk we asked about Stebonheath and the team had no idea what we were talking about, but all were helpful or polite in the encounters even the random English punters we bumped into wished us well and praised the team/fans

Top marks though go to the Llanelli staff and fans we encountered, Stebo is a fine ground , I wish we could have played the game in there, but am grateful it was moved to allow everyone who wanted in the opportunity, I hope your club has received a boost from the encounter.

Everything the club done was well organised, If you get a similar opportunity again the only thing I'd ask you to do is get direction signs posted from the main drags guiding fans up to Stebo, we must have stoated about for an hour trying to find it and I've heard from others they gave up, even with Sat Nav!

Good luck Llanelli :lol::D

Actually, your right i think it may have been white and yellow at first i thought it looked a bit like a contractors van. I went past it probably at around half 6 or 7. I also noticed two other car loads of 'well fans at the services in both a Volkswagen Passat and a Polo before it when we stopped so they will likely have spotted it as well.

What time was it at i came past Carlisle about 4ish, the van i seen wasn't as bright yellow as that 1

It was about 6ish last night. There was one with full police livery pointing down the opposite carriageway not far up the road too.

Did anyone see the wrote off Caravan and 4x4 on the way back (going south). I hope all the people were awrite it looked really bad!!!

you must've been on the road same time as us, Did you get a run with Davies family?

looked bad but the passenger compartment of the 4x4 that had been towing it was still complete so if seatbelts were in use hopefully they were all ok,

It was another Van accident that held everything up further back on the northbound carraigeway as well, looked like it had been on its side!

you must've been on the road same time as us, Did you get a run with Davies family?

looked bad but the passenger compartment of the 4x4 that had been towing it was still complete so if seatbelts were in use hopefully they were all ok,

It was another Van accident that held everything up further back on the northbound carraigeway as well, looked like it had been on its side!

I sure did :mellow: How the hell do you know that :lol:

Dunno about on the Friday morning MJ but certainly clocked it on the shelf whenever we first arrived on the Thursday afternoon. Wee subbuteo like character in the obligatory hooped 'Well strip as I recall?

The very one, left it there Thursday morning to oversee the travellers, kind of good luck symbol if you like. Left one up at Stebo as well, when I left it was still sitting under their telly behind the bar.

Got back at 6pm tonight spent an extra day in the Stradey Park Hotel to sample some of the delights of the area and also enjoyed hearing all the stories from some of the bar staff of the antics that some of the 'Well fans got up to :lol: . Llanelli is somewhere that my wife and I will definately visit again with the Stradey Park high on our list. :P The fanzone was wonderful met so many people that I hadn't seen for ages, loved the girl getting the beamer when she turned up for work but the best bit when getting a burger from one of the vans the guy said

" I'm disappointed someone called me a sheep shagger and I've never been near one, I don't even sell any lamb" :excl:

The hospitality of the town, the club and the hotel was wonderful and of course the win made it all the better.

Thanks Llanelli see you soon :unsure:

Hear, hear - the locals couldn't have been more friendly, with the exception of some young ASBO candidates at the end of the tunnel on the entrance to the stadium. The young lad who was roundly booed during the march for wearing a h*n top looked totally bemused and looked as though he could have killed his father for making him wear it. :lol:

hi there great to see my fellow scotsmen had a great time down here as did the locals, well done on your win also. It was my boy wearing the Ger's top (his own choice to wear) all the banter from the Well we took as good fun and my son really enjoyed i'm not to sure about the copper nxt to us as i thought he was goin to run to mcdonalds toilets to hide as they are not used to footie crowds like this pmsl.Once again well done to Motherwell and if you know of any1 with any footage of my boy in it we would be very greatfull so we can put it on face book. He has got to have been the bravest boy in Llanelli that day. :nod:

Got back at 6pm tonight spent an extra day in the Stradey Park Hotel to sample some of the delights of the area and also enjoyed hearing all the stories from some of the bar staff of the antics that some of the 'Well fans got up to :D . Llanelli is somewhere that my wife and I will definately visit again with the Stradey Park high on our list. :lol: The fanzone was wonderful met so many people that I hadn't seen for ages, loved the girl getting the beamer when she turned up for work but the best bit when getting a burger from one of the vans the guy said

" I'm disappointed someone called me a sheep shagger and I've never been near one, I don't even sell any lamb" :D

The hospitality of the town, the club and the hotel was wonderful and of course the win made it all the better.

Thanks Llanelli see you soon :nod:

If you stayed at the Stradey park, did you have a chance to call into Furnace Rugby Club? Brilliant club, and very, very cheap beer. If not, remember to call in next time, as its only 5/6 mins walk from the Sttradey Park !!!

I would like to thank you Well fans for a fantastic day that Llanelli has never, ever ,seen ,ever, ever,I made a lot of new friends, thanks to ,Ian for the bobble hat, Colin scarf, Well flag from i now not ,I think i gave a Welsh flag to Ian and his mates in Stebo club after the game signed by most of the Llanelli players ,Good luck in the next round, Hope to see you in a friendly next year, ON A FINAL NOTE THE MARCH FROM STEBO WAS A FANTASTIC EXPEIRIANCE .

THANKS.

Meic John (OSCARTRIX)

I'd love to see something arranged friendly wise at Stebo, would be a cracking day and give you boys a chance to beat us on your own patch, a wee tour of Wales would be cracking, not TOO testing opposition and relatively close to allow fans to travel, this time I'd fly right enough.