• Ross Forbes
    • John Sutton
    • Steven McGarry
    • Jim O'Brien
    • Jamie Murphy
    • Mark Archdeacon
    • Jonathon Page
    • Null Vote

It was tough to pick but im going to say sutton. He played through the pain barrier and got us two vital goals, should have been a hat trick though. Hammell and Slane were also terrific.

Lots of good performances for me, but my vote went to Las, who controlled the midfield and ensured plenty of ball for our attacking players whilst protecting the back four.

Plenty of people to choose from this week: Hammell's crossing and forward runs, Slane's directness, O'Brien's trickery, Lasley's control of the game. But for me it was John Sutton who played despite pain, put his goals away well and showed what he can offer when he's provided with the ball in the right way. McGhee never had the right approach for Sutton and although it's early days yet, hopefully Gannon's figured out how to get the best from the big man. He's a quality player if utilised correctly and IMO thoroughly deserving of MOTM for last night.

Slane for me purely for his willingness to take control and use of the ball intelligently at every opportunity - think we may have unearthed one or two gems again - Forbes and Saunders (look as though they will come good as well, if we give them time) - mind you wasn't it Alan Hansen who said "you cannot win anything with kids", go Jim and just like Fergie lets prove him wrong.

Fine performance by all the players, a real step up from last week , amazing what an extra weeks training and coaching can do.

Still feel there is quite a lot of work to do though and more to come from some,

Difficult choice,

Sutton gets near it for his goals and his real progress in being involved more around the park,

McGarry worked the entire pitch and barely put a foot wrong, he isn't the best but he delivers in effort and determination what others with more skills could learn from.

Lasley and Forbes were quite spectacular in the middle, really pleased Las stepped up and Forbes continued his development

Hammell ran them ragged and deserves praise, like the other defenders, all good performers but were they really tested? job done however.

But I'll go for Slane,

Worked tirelessly and a different class in skills and mentality, showed his more senior counterpart how to just get on with it and stop fucking moaning and blaming others :lol:

Hammell for me. Once again our driving force on the left, just beating Slane who did a power of running forward and in defence.

Agreed 100% Hammell/Slane partnership looks like it could be very productive. Wonder though how they will get on against better teams when they have to defend a lot more?

Sutton got myy vote by a country mile !!

his effort and work rate was great even though he was playin through an injury, does that not just show his commitment to the team ?

although the youngsters were outstanding, slane and saunders in particular stood out with thier genuine potential and tallent.

love saunders directivness down the wing and slanes all round determination, and his cross for suttons second was almost world class ?

at the end of the dayy, these young boys were pipped to the post in myy opinion as sutton showed a great improvement from last week and gannon reflected this when he described sutton as bieng more mobile than a traffic cone despite carrying an injury.

well done big man, keep it up !!

and all the best to the younger ones in the near future, hopefully gannon gives them a shout in the team this season unliked mcsheep who overlooked them.

Going to call a halt to the voting now.

3pts Paul Slane

2pts Stevie Hammell

1 pt John Sutton

OVERALL STANDINGS

1st: Paul Slane (6pts), 2nd: Ross Forbes & Stevie Hammell (2pts), 3rd: Jim O'Brien & John Sutton (1pt)

Voting will be interesting after Thursday's game!!!!