Fans Memories

dazamfc

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the junkies but a can't remember the score cause I wasn't at the game. I remember Jamie Dolan went in goals against the Tattie Munchers as well and the game was 1 all and we ended up winning 2-1. Can't remember who scored.

Ian Ross scored the winner at the Cooper end (I think).

Scott Howie ended up with a depressed fracture of the cheekbone.

memory is a bit hazy as i was quiet young at the time. Super sub stevie kirk :notworthy: going in goals after our keeper was sent off and he saved a penalty. can't remeber who we were playing or what the final score was but i'll never forget the roar that went up as he made that save. class :woop:

could you give me your real naame so that i can put it in the book

There have been a few memorable games in my years of watching the Well! :D

One that comes to mind at the moment is a game against celtic at Hampden and we were 2-0 down after about half an hour or something. I remember celtics big new signing <_< (Wullie Falconer!!!) scoring a screamer from what seemed like just inside the touchline nearest the dug outs to put them 2 ahead.

I think we got a goal back before half time (not sure who though - maybe Kirky) and then TC lobbed the goalie from the far corner of the box and i`m sure it bounced on the line before nestling in the corner of the net! - Celebrations were plentiful and brilliant as we were right next to the gutted hordes of unwashed!!

Of course, I could be talking complete jibberish here and mixing two games I remember into one!! - Any help confirming my memory of this game would be appreciated!!

Still think the game where Faddy stuck the best hat-trick I have ever seen (mentioned on the other thread) past Livingston is up there with the best games I have been too!

The first match I attended and one I'll never forget.

28th November 1999

Motherwell 3 Celtic 2

Brannan 9 Berkovic 20

Townsley 44 Viduka 26 (p)

Goodman 49

That match had everything you could ask for.

Great game! We took 7 points from Celtic that season was the Barnes and Dalglish season. We beat them at Parkhead 1-0 and Twaddle scored. We got someone sent off that night as well think it was Big Buff.

The first match I attended and one I'll never forget.

28th November 1999

Motherwell 3 Celtic 2

Brannan 9 Berkovic 20

Townsley 44 Viduka 26 (p)

Goodman 49

That match had everything you could ask for.

I remember that game very well.

My son was mascot that night! :D

Motherwell 4 Celtic 4

When we went 4-3 up from being 0-3 down (I think, maybe it was 1-3), I lost it to such a degree during the goal celebration that I actually passed out for a couple of seconds. :notworthy:

The first and possibly last time I'd ever seen Motherwell put four past the OF.

If only we'd held on....but then frustration is a big part of being a Motherwell supporter.

Thankfully we can re-live the moment thanks to You Tube.

Great game! We took 7 points from Celtic that season was the Barnes and Dalglish season. We beat them at Parkhead 1-0 and Twaddle scored. We got someone sent off that night as well think it was Big Buff.

Pretty sure it was Shaun Teale mate. Think big Buff was well away by then.

Pretty sure it was Shaun Teale mate. Think big Buff was well away by then.

Your right mate a dunno what a was thinkiing of :O I think I just thought of the first player that came to my mind at the time :notworthy: . I'm just worried that it was big Buff out of all the well players I've saw in my 22 years of watchin the them :O

• 2 weeks later...

sorry but i've not got many memories for the book so are there any more tales people can tell me because the book is going to be scraped if not.you can even talk about the european adventures that yous have been on but try to make it as long as possible pleas.

sorry but i've not got many memories for the book so are there any more tales people can tell me because the book is going to be scraped if not.you can even talk about the european adventures that yous have been on but try to make it as long as possible pleas.

Whose writing this fucking book, us or you?

Going by the state of your posts it's no wonder you need us to write the bloody thing.

Capital letters at the start of a sentence, punctuation throughout, capital I in I've, there are two 'p's in scrapped, a gap after a full stop, capital E in European, there is no such word as yous and there is an e on the end of please.

The only writing you do is your name when you sign on, unless your carer does that for you. Jeffrey Archer must be worried sick with another cretin picking up a pen.

Going by the state of your posts it's no wonder you need us to write the bloody thing.

Capital letters at the start of a sentence, punctuation throughout, capital I in I've, there are two 'p's in scrapped, a gap after a full stop, capital E in European, there is no such word as yous and there is an e on the end of please.

The only writing you do is your name when you sign on, unless your carer does that for you. Jeffrey Archer must be worried sick with another cretin picking up a pen.

Steady on, he's only a kid!

When did you last get your hole ya moanin faced bastard? Hes only 12 leave the wee guy alone!

Obviously I have many memories of going to games, some big games, big results, big dissappiontments, but I think one of the most powerfull memories is the 2-2 draw at Tynecastle in the Scottish Cup, the tension, nerves and obviously raw emotion given what had happened at our last game. Seeing the full away stand packed out with Well Fans, sitting in the back corner with the WellBoys 86 and the noise we were making, then the unveiling of the Uncle Phil banner we had all chipped in to have made. The team in a tight huddle right in front of the away fans. Then the absolute dejection when they scored, follwed by utter outrage at the ridiculous free kick awarded to them by Dougal leading to their second goal, I went mental at this point breaking the back of the seat if front of me. Probably the best move of the day was Lasleys wee flick allowing McCormack to selflessly square the ball across the face of goal, to me it seemed to take Porter forever to hit the ball into the back of the net, absolutely amazing celebrations ensued, then shortly after it was Lasley with the insperation again, playing a cross in for Porter to score a magnificent volley. In the midst of the celebrations I ended up folling over the back of the broken seat in front of me and landing on my arse!! After the final whistle the players applauded the fans, but it was David Clarkson walking towards the fans with a scarf aloft as the chants merged form “One Phil O’Donnell” to “One David Clarkson”. Although I have seen better performances and of course better results in my time, it was the raw emotion of the occasion, the hurt of being 2-0 down then the absolute joy at equalising.

As you're so keen on correct punctuation, spelling and general grammar, you might be interested to know that you should have used Who's, as in Who is, rather than Whose, as in Belonging to whom.

You couldn't even get past the first word without a mistake so, yes, God save us from another cretin...

At least the wee man's got high school still to complete. Your excuse is...?