Fans Memories

dazamfc

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll regret asking that question, young man. Some of the auld timers on the board will be chewing your ear with their nostalgia until your 21st birthday. It's going to be a long book and get ready for lots of "when I was your age........." :rolleyes:

lol

my favourite memory of a match had to be inverurie, the banter was ammense, we had a snowball fight with the loco fans at half time and it was one of those games you were a bit more interested in windin up the oposition fans as you knew the game was won

heres a pic i captured that game

Derek "The Postman" Townsley

One of the funniest things I saw at FP was the big fella scoring an beauty for Hibs from 30 yards and running up the side of the east stand giving it 'shoosh' to the folk who were giving him pelters.

It shut up a fair proportion of the 'if you cant take it, dont dish it out brigade' :ph34r:

Richard Gough, diving header OG... belter.

Was late 80's/easrly 90's. Great laugh.

Think Wishart scored also.

Wishats goal was a belter of a run to get on the end a cross to the bank post a think. I have it on video somewhere. Also Interesting during that game you heard the chants of ' Terry Butcher you're a Wan*er' Little did we know about 12 years or so later that he would be somewhat of a hero :lol:

Scottish Cup in 75-76 against Smellic 2-0 down at half time and then the greatest come back in Well history with 3 goals in 17 minutes with Pettigrew skinning their defence with a run that seemed to start in Wishaw :lol: with him running past the whole Smellic team before he buried a screamer behind Latchford for a wonderful victory :lol: We went all the way to the semis that year losing to the H**ns with a dodgy decision or 2 :lol:

Same season I think against Hibs at FP, me and a few mates were standing behind the goals at the knowetop end in the days before segregation Hibbees to the front Hibbees to the back a Hibbee suddenly has a dart sticking out of his nut :nod: yep a dart :O , didn't see much more as we were running for cover :lol:

Scottish Cup in 75-76 against Smellic 2-0 down at half time and then the greatest come back in Well history with 3 goals in 17 minutes with Pettigrew skinning their defence with a run that seemed to start in Wishaw :lol: with him running past the whole Smellic team before he buried a screamer behind Latchford for a wonderful victory :lol:

I actually have the goals of that game on a DVD. It lasts about 30 seconds but it is quality nonetheless. Can anyone remember Bobby Russel's goal against Celtic in the last minute at the tattie bowl. I think it was 1988 or there abouts and I think Dougie scored for us that day and Andy Walker equalised for the manky mob, but Russel's goal was a belter.

I actually have the goals of that game on a DVD. It lasts about 30 seconds but it is quality nonetheless. Can anyone remember Bobby Russel's goal against Celtic in the last minute at the tattie bowl. I think it was 1988 or there abouts and I think Dougie scored for us that day and Andy Walker equalised for the manky mob, but Russel's goal was a belter.

I nearly broke my ankle falling down the stairs when he scored

I nearly broke my ankle falling down the stairs when he scored

There's a new one injuries during goal celebrations. I remember being at Swinecastle and we beat the junkies 2-0 and a think Derek Adams scored the second and when i jumped up I tumble doon about 8 rows and cracked ma ribs. Was sore as hell. I was telling that story many years later when we played the Junkies in the cup at Tynecastle after Uncle Phil died and nearly done the very same again when Porter scored the equaliser. What a moment that was as well!

Johnny Gahagan I believe it was with the first. Fantastic bit of skill from Russell to leave half the Celtic defence on their arse before slotting it home and he still found the time for celebratory waves to the Jungle after it.

Smashing!!

The Shimmy King did so many shimmies at the back post that one defender (maybe Rogan - it was a very long way from us) fell over and Bonner just looked mesmerised.

As for injuries, I twisted my ankle and went down in the middle of a heaving, jumping away support after a goal at Cappielow. It was probably the cup replay in 91 and luckily I was hauled up before being trampled. That really is a cracking shed Morton have.

memory is a bit hazy as i was quiet young at the time. Super sub stevie kirk :lol: going in goals after our keeper was sent off and he saved a penalty. can't remeber who we were playing or what the final score was but i'll never forget the roar that went up as he made that save. class :notworthy:

It was the junkies but a can't remember the score cause I wasn't at the game. I remember Jamie Dolan went in goals against the Tattie Munchers as well and the game was 1 all and we ended up winning 2-1. Can't remember who scored.