Anyone Know What's Happening At The Mst

Steve Diggle

We always have some interesting chats on here about the trust and I know I'm risking all sorts by starting this.

However, here goes.

During one of the heated discussions about their roles, merits, members etc. i said to myself "well you know maybe I should support these guys and see what it's all about".

I spoke to a couple of the regular posters and I signed up / paid my dues.

And that's been it. Full stop. Nothing else no communication or infor ar anything. So I paid my membership and know absolutely nothing about what the MST is all about, meetings anything.

Web-site's been down for (at least) a couple of days.

Thing is I'm skint ahead of payday - and if the money I gave them in good faith a few months back is still kicking around . . . . . :whistling:

Anyone know what's going on? Anyone around who is getting communicated out of existance by them - have I just failed to get on a mailing list.

I believe the MST is coming to an end. They no longer have enough board members to continue by the guidelines of their constitution. I know Frazzle and The Dossier who posted MST stuff on here have both left fairly recently, think Dosser Joe has also though less sure on that.

I did the same, at least 6 months ago, nothing, not an acknowledgement.

I had a PM from an ex-member - seems like it's all very precarious.

Allegedly there are not enough people to take this forward - so there's a potential that the trust will croak shortly and monies will be transferred to either a like minded body or a charity.

when you consider the battering the club has taken for communication by current and ex members - i find this situation absolutely disgusting. Didn't think too much about it at the time as I was just pleased to get the info. However in hindsight, can you imagine the outcry if the club had taken some money (albeit a small amount), provided nothing in return in terms of documentation / info and failed to provide an update on the situation for those that had provided cash.

Sorry - there aren't any excuses!

It was suggested to me that the Jamie Dolan fundraising money still hadn't made its way to the Dolan family yet either. Was from an ex-member so things may have moved on in that front but last they'd heard was that a current board member had collected it and had become uncontactable. I'd hope that situation at least they moved forward on before it all falls apart.

Sounds like theres a few loose ends to be tied up. With money having been raised through some hard work for various ventures.

Really needs someone to say something soon.

Maybe a rare word or two from the elusive Martin Rose would be good.

Unfortunately I see this getting a wee bit messy

It was suggested to me that the Jamie Dolan fundraising money still hadn't made its way to the Dolan family yet either. Was from an ex-member so things may have moved on in that front but last they'd heard was that a current board member had collected it and had become uncontactable.

Surely that doesn't mean what I think it means :D

Sad to hear of the possible demise of an organisation like this. All clubs, no matter how big or small, should have an independent voice for the fans, so if it bites the dust I hope something else arises from the ashes to represent supporters interests.

The Dolan night wasn't a trust event , but I'm happy to clear up exactly what the situation is with the money there.

Those involved in organising the event are meeting next week to sort all the loose ends and get that cheque sent away , it has rolled on for a while as we watied to get money in from various people.

Hold my hands up , it should have been sorted quicker but hopefully you all now know it's not be forgotten about and we're close to getting the money sent off.