Saunders----Craigan-----Reynolds---Hammell

Humphrey---Jennings------Forbes-------Slane

-----------------------Murphy----------------------

-----------------------Sutton-----------------------

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gannon has a massive decision on his hands. Go for it, risk it all and try surprise Steaua at home, or sit back and hope for the best. I've no idea which option will give us the best chance of progressing but I'm expecting a bit of a roasting.

Sadly I think they could put 3 or 4 past us.

Sadly I think they could put 3 or 4 past us.

They could do, but to be honest we're Motherwell so, so could St Johnstone. I think we shouldn't worry to much about the result, although a one goal defeat will be an excellent result (and if it includes an away goal or two even better).

They could do, but to be honest we're Motherwell so, so could St Johnstone. I think we shouldn't worry to much about the result, although a one goal defeat will be an excellent result (and if it includes an away goal or two even better).

Exactly, alot of people were saying last week that they couldn't see us scoring more than 2 and were worried about us going out on away goals and I include myself in that. It all depends on what Motherwell turn up. If it's last Thursday's I think we could get out there with a score draw. If its the Llanelli first leg then we will get pumped. I just can't wait :P

Just typical of those useless rags. Quick to mention us when things don't go for us, forgetful otherwise. Arse of a rag.

I've got the Sunday Mail, interviews with Craigan, Humphrey and Gannon in it!

Anyway, I'd go:

-------------------Ruddy---------------------

Saunders-----Craigan-----Reynolds------Hammell

---------Jennings----------Forbes--------------

O'Brien-----------Murphy--------------Slane

-----------------Sutton

Subs: Fraser, Hutchinson, Page, Coke, Lasley, McHugh, Humphrey.

Ruddy, no-one has seen him play and everyone starts with him.

I am Frasers BIGGEST Critic but i dont know if i would play ruddy infornt of him, if i seen Ruddy at training and he looked impressive i obviously will start him ahead of Fraser anyway.

This will be a tough game, away leg first against a team who play in Europes top competitions year in year out against the very best.

I wholeheartedly beleive we have a better chance now with the confidence over the last month. BUT the team is traveling to a very atmospheric ground where we will again have to play out best away and hope not to loose.

I beleive we can score as proved Thursday but i will take anything from a 1 nil defetet to a 1 v1 draw or dare i say a 1 nil win.

Remember we have a home leg at Fir Park to come (I will miss due to a family wedding)

so basically im saying we can progress. Woooo!

----------------Ruddy

Page-----Craigan----Hutchieson-----Reynolds

-----------Forbes-----Jennings---------

Humphrey-------Coke---------------Slane

-------------Sutton----------------

Truthfully i think we will get beat 3-1. HOWEVER, i'm VERY confident that if we get an away goal we can make it through this tie.

Mon the Well!

Hi, guys

I have read all your comments about this match, and I'd want to clarify some things:

1: George Becali has no "affective" relationship with Steaua Bucharest. All he wants, is profit. Most of his fortune is based on bought land, that he hoped to sell at a greater price in the future. Well, the crysis struck all of us, so he is almost broke, the land being somewhat worthless. Don't mind him, he is a "human monkey", with an IQ value of minus something. We are feeding him "meat" at every game, with the hope that he'll leave us.

2: The 6th place is not an accurate value estimator for our team. Bare in mind that for the last two seasons, we had stupid coaches(and when I mean stupid, i mean really stupid). They are legendary former players of our team, but don't really have what it takes to run a team from the bench(Hagi and Lacatus). To paint a vague picture, when we had a one goal advantage with a modest opponent, Lacatus was begining to introduce more deffensive players...

Now we have Bergodi, in which, personally, I believe in. He is smart, and he seams inteligent enough to keep the owner - "The Light Warrior", as he called himself- from priding in the technical decisions(he is renowned for making the team for most of his coaches).

I hope it will be a spectacular game! It's football, anyone can win!

Regards,

Boggy

PS: @ Ultras: Why the F do you start every post with " :notworthy: "?

@ jonnymfc: The game will be broadcasted on PRO TV(at least the first leg, the second one might be broadcasted on DigiSport). Both of them are Romanian televisions. I will post a link with a network stream, at the day of the game, if you'd like.

L.E. I made a wallpaper for the first leg:

post-1473-1248701711_thumb.jpg

@ jonnymfc: The game will be broadcasted on PRO TV(at least the first leg, the second one might be broadcasted on DigiSport). Both of them are Romanian televisions. I will post a link with a network stream, at the day of the game, if you'd like.

Now that would be very much appreciated if your sure it'll be on those said channels for people that can't make it, thanks!

And, welcome Boggy. :notworthy:

DCd's team looks good, blending youth and experience and allowing the pace of Humphrey to be used later on. I'll go with that , and if they lose blame him :unsure:

Now, prediction time.

First leg, Steaua 2-1 Motherwell

Second leg, Motherwell 2-0 Steaua

Job's a good un :wallbash:

DCd's team looks good, blending youth and experience and allowing the pace of Humphrey to be used later on. I'll go with that , and if they lose blame him :unsure:

Now, prediction time.

First leg, Steaua 2-1 Motherwell

Second leg, Motherwell 2-0 Steaua

Job's a good un :wallbash:

score sounds good to me. a wee away goal for confidence, then with our recent european record i'd imagine we will win by more than the one goal aggregate. Steaua 2-1 Motherwell. Motherwell 4-1 Steaua. sorted bring on the ajax (pat you know who you are)

Predictions:

Steaua 2 - 0 Motherwell

Motherwell 1 - 1 Steaua

We'll put up a good fight of it in Airdrie, but overall we'll drop out of the competition having given a good account of ourselves.

Either that, or we'll win by 7 goals in the 2nd leg again.

If we can score an away goal then we've got an outside chance. We really are "punching above our weight" this time but you never know.

Looking forward to it.

But how good is this Steaua team? I'm sure the Romanian guys around could answer that. Would they give the Old Firm a game ? If the answer is no, surely 'Well have reason for optimism.