Young Players

postiejim

Would hope that murphy is on a decent contract with being invloved in the first team the last couple of years and would be good money for someone of 19/20 years old. Is forbes maybe the same age as murphy? Bit worrying that he might be on some youth type contract and also slane who is maybe only 18? Now that they are first team squad i'm confident Jimbo will sort it out.

Murphy + Archdeacon signed 3 year contracts at the end of last season and were paraded on pitch at Fir Park toward the end of last season if i remember correctly so Murph will have 2 years left, Forbes is out of contract next summer I believe and Slane hasnt signed a full time contract as he is only 17 so he is still on an u-19 contract

Need to get them tied up, I reckon Gannon, given his thoughts and words to date, will get this done. Won't, I imagine, be of the sort Jovial Jim McLean used to do right enough. Seem to recall he favoured 10-YEAR contracts at one point!

Need to get them tied up, I reckon Gannon, given his thoughts and words to date, will get this done. Won't, I imagine, be of the sort Jovial Jim McLean used to do right enough. Seem to recall he favoured 10-YEAR contracts at one point!

Aye, the old Jim McLean contracts would do nicely here. 6 years plus an option for a further 4. The bonuses were good though.

Aye, the old Jim McLean contracts would do nicely here. 6 years plus an option for a further 4. The bonuses were good though.

Aye Basic wage with VERY VERY lucrative cup and league bonuses.

Just goes to show what dangling that carrot in front of talented homegrown players can do.

According to the official site Slane is a member of the under 19 squad, Forbes, Archdeacon and Murphy are first team squad players.

That should all get sorted in due course Jim. I believe there's a revamp of the official site in the offing and the squad lists will be updated as part of that.

Would likely have been done sooner but with the Euro games taking up so much of the club's focus the revamp has had to take a back-seat, albeit temporarily.

Ah but big Dunc the drunk put an end to they contracts and went on to make quite a bit of money from the game in transfer fees, living in Spain with his family now. Young players these days will be very reluctant to sign long term deals at a club like Motherwell which is the sign of the times, they are all chasing the golden contract and playing for the jersey is long gone.