Paul Mcgrillen

Guest 'Flow

Not sure if it's too early to post or suggest but it's been on my mind all day, similar to the way fans organised some support for the Dolan family when Jamie died, there could be something done for the McGrillen family maybe.

I'm still stunned, god knows what his family are going through, so so sad for them. Sometimes you only realise that someone has been suffering from depression when it's far too late.

Rest in peace Paul.

I posted earlier today and I'm still shocked, one of my favs at the ark and I took a dislike to Eck when he sold Paul. My thoughts have been with his family all day.

Just wondering I watched the game on the internet tonight my pic was crap but I didn't see black arm bands? If not I think thats a poor show, if I just missed them I take it back.

RIP Paul

Very sad to see yet another young ex Well player picked for Gods XI.

Even sadder that he seems to have taken his own life as well.

It's never easy to understand why people do that but whatever his reasons may God rest his soul.

it was a heart attack AFAIK?

altho i heard a rumour in JD's tonite that he hung himself, but everyone i've spoke to about it said heart attack?

I know but I'm sure if they had tried they could have found some. Maybe the home team has them? What about black gaffer tape? I just think it's respect. Just a bit gutted ;)

To be honest, given that there will be more well fans at next week's game, I'd be happy to see the team wear them then. The news probably hasn't had time to sink in and it must have been really hard for the team to play under those circumstances.

To be honest, given that there will be more well fans at next week's game, I'd be happy to see the team wear them then. The news probably hasn't had time to sink in and it must have been really hard for the team to play under those circumstances.

Fair comment.

I'll be there next week to pay my respects.

I was shocked when I heard this morning.

When he was breaking into the team he lived up the road from me and I used to see him walking by fairly regularly (must have been before he could drive). It seems like only yesterday as do many of his goals.

Strangely the abiding memory I have is not of one of his many goals for us but when he played for Falkirk against us. Standing behind the goals at Brockville, we had the perfect view as he received the ball in the penalty box, knocked it towards the bye line and was tackled about knee height (possibly Philliben) and went down. Incredibly the ref gave a bye kick and he got up, screamed for the penalty he deserved, then shook his head and got on with the game. He took more than his fair share of knocks but always got up and continued to give 100% and obviously loved playing the game for as long as his legs would allow.

Just like to echo those sentiments from the Hearts fans. Thoughts with all friends and family hope your class of 2009 can do the man proud tonight. All the best guys.

Absolute class that you have posted this.

Growing up in the 70s and 80s, Hearts was always a tense game, caused by, I think a 'smash and grab' 1-0 win by us sometime in the 70s.

Honoured that you have taken the trouble to register and post this.

This is what football should be about. :)

Plus, all of Scottish football will be relying on Hearts to push the coefficient up.

Truly,  :P