First Spl Home Game Versus Killie

trafficlight

Well, after a long delay it looks like I/we shall be able to finally get along to Fir Park. I have a long weekend off work, Mrs TL is going to see if she can swop her shift, and United are away at Wigan. If the worst comes to the worst, I will come up by myself and stay at the in-laws in Bellshill, though the wife is vital for translation purposes :) . I get in a muddle in Scotland on my own.

So if anyone would like me to buy them a drink after the game, be in a local pub - Jack Daniels or somewhere - and it would be good to see you.

Nice to see your making the trip up TL, you seem to be interested in all things Dosser and contribute a lot on these boards.

Again that's the wife. She's a 'Well fan and wore me down over time so that I became interested, though I have to say she hasn't reciprocated this and takes no interest in my team. I guess all guys are just looking for an excuse to cram in more football :)

You might need to remortgate with an offer like that! Hope to see you in the Cooper either pre or post-match after we continue our 100% start to the season!

You might need to remortgate with an offer like that! Hope to see you in the Cooper either pre or post-match after we continue our 100% start to the season!

Indeed wee man, post match I think. Pre match I/we will get there early so I can have a good look around, and I'd like to watch the game fully sober so I can remember it all :)

After the game we'll show up for a wee dram.

Will this be your first game?

Yeah, been past Fir Park a number of times on a Virgin train when visiting family or friends, but never gotten around to attending a match. Had a few near misses when we had plans to, but then had to change them for one reason or another, so I'm hoping this time we finally make it. We'll be in the East Stand. Is it better to buy before, or pay will there be pay at the gate ?

Good stuff mate. I'm usually straight back to Edinburgh post match so can't take you up on that offer but I'm sure you wont be short of them. Not the best match you could have choose but should be a better than usual crowd/atmosphere considering first match of season/new pitch/with new manager. Just pay at the gate

Yeah, first home game is always good due to the optimistic buzz that comes with a fresh start. A bit of summer sun also helps.

Pay at the gate will be a throwback to my childhood and going to Old Trafford with my dad, then later with pals when I got older. Those days are looooong gone here.

Yeah, been past Fir Park a number of times on a Virgin train when visiting family or friends, but never gotten around to attending a match. Had a few near misses when we had plans to, but then had to change them for one reason or another, so I'm hoping this time we finally make it. We'll be in the East Stand. Is it better to buy before, or pay will there be pay at the gate ?

Good choice :)

If we win I hereby declare you our lucky charm and demand you attend every game until we lose :D

Again that's the wife. She's a 'Well fan and wore me down over time so that I became interested, though I have to say she hasn't reciprocated this and takes no interest in my team. I guess all guys are just looking for an excuse to cram in more football ;)

Naw mate. She just knows ther's only one team worth watching ! Mon the 'Well :(