Motherwell Under 19s V Sunderland Monday

decorator

Under 19`s played yesterday at Dalziel against 1st players that are not starting.

1st teamers..... Fraser (played really poor) Smith, Page, Halsmann, Fitzpatrick, McPake, Lasley, McGarry, Murphy, Archdeacon, McHugh. (halsmann & Mchugh are still 19`s)

They gave the 19`s the run around. Game unded up 6-2. 19`s look as if they could to be in for a hard season. The whole of the defence has been changed & is severely weaker than last year.

On a positive note, the midfield and forward line is still strong, with meechan(scotland under 19) , innes, pollock(scotland under 17) & martin all in midfield and up front we have McHugh (scotland 19) & Lawless (scotland 19). So if the defence can improve , then could be a good season. Think we may see some of these boys being given a run in the 1st team within the next 12 months.

For me its nice seeing the reserve and the various youth sides finishing at the top end of the table but if they don't then provided they are still feeding players through capable of adding to the first team squad then I would say they are fulfilling their purpose.

I won't be alone in taking quite a bit of pride in the number who do make it through the ranks, even those who don't quite make it at Fir Park. You look around and see the likes of Connolly and Gormley at Ayr, Donnelly and Nixon at Airdrie and Kinniburgh at Thistle to name but a handful carving out careers in the game on the back of their grounding in the 'Well youth set up.