Tannoy System

Albie

Much as it's difficult to hear anything else, the bing-bong police message before the game is the only thing you can make out. Unless you're in the main stand there's nothing to go on fire anyway and their PA system works reasonably well from what I can remember when moved from the Cooper.

Not trying to stir anything, but what if there was a fire or some other emergency and nobody could hear the instructions being given out? Would we not get hammered for not having a properly working Tannoy?

Is it not a different Tannoy that the police use?

If there was an emergency, I would assume that they would use the police one?

What do you need the Tannoy for anyway? The team goes up on the electronic boards. The players have their names on the back.

Other than announcing would someone get back to their car asap, and you vaguely wonder whether its badly parked or had its windaes panned in, it doesn't really add to the sum total of human knowledge.

And you can hear shite music on Radio Clyde at any time, so you're unlikely to arrive early at Fir Park for the DJ mix.

What do you need the Tannoy for anyway? The team goes up on the electronic boards. The players have their names on the back.

Other than announcing would someone get back to their car asap, and you vaguely wonder whether its badly parked or had its windaes panned in, it doesn't really add to the sum total of human knowledge.

And you can hear shite music on Radio Clyde at any time, so you're unlikely to arrive early at Fir Park for the DJ mix.

It would be nice to hear who was doing the 50-50 draw and even better to hear what numbers were being called out.

bring back neil g :nod:

I'd forgotten all about the cringe fest that was "half-time entertainment" as conducted by Neil Grierson.

The half-time draw from a poly-bag, the "put your hands together furramurrawell legend.....Rab Stewart/Kenny Lyall/a soldier in a uniform", the Celtic top raffle, playing "tha Rangers".

I'm away to cry in the corner. Thanks for bringing it all back.

As stated in another thread I think that the announcer can be an advantage to us if he shows enthusiasm at goals and substitutions etc, and the crowf react in a positive fashion, but it aint no good if the majority of fans (east stand) can't hear a word.

Time to get this fixed Leanne