The MFC Youth 2009'10 Thread

delboy

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gannon has brought a specific fitness coach with him from Stockport and he is working with all the teams in training.

If it's who I think it is then his name's Ben Cooper, did a good job down here, think he's the grandson of another County legend named Trevor Porteous.

Also, when Jim was down here we didn't have a proper reserve team either, but instead had a 'U21 development squad' that would play friendlies. The reasoning being twofold - first, when there were a number of injuries we didn't have to stick to a rigid fixture list, so games would only be played when the squad was fit enough; and second, you could hand-pick the opposition so you didn't have to worry about facing a bunch of thugs - the young lads could try and play football in a decent environment.

I imagine Jim'll try and instigate the same thing up there. After all, he'll always want competition for every place so he'll get a decent-sized squad who'll all need regular football.

Just back from creamery park bathgate and when i left with a few minutes to go the well were 5-1 up ,the scorers were Meechan[2], Lawless[2] don't know the other goalscorer. Don't know all the players but think some were as follows, smith, Quinn, Pollock, meechan, lawless, halsman,martin. We brought a trialist on in the second half and he looked good as well. That's about it guys not a great report but its the best i can do.

Just back from creamery park bathgate and when i left with a few minutes to go the well were 5-1 up ,the scorers were Meechan[2], Lawless[2] don't know the other goalscorer. Don't know all the players but think some were as follows, smith, Quinn, Pollock, meechan, lawless, halsman,martin. We brought a trialist on in the second half and he looked good as well. That's about it guys not a great report but its the best i can do.

It does sound as though we are gonnae pish this U19 League :thumbup:

Game finished 6-1. Scorers ..Meechan 2, Lawless 2, Quinn 1 & the young boy who came on was Chris Cullen (man utd/North Ire.) who scored the other goal.

Good performance from the boys, starting to gel well together but i think we will meet a lot harder teams than St.Johnstone and Kilmarnock this year.

Aye we certainly have a cracking youth set up,Long may it continue.

Was speaking to my birds best mate the other day and she was saying were chasing her nephew, He`s a 6 foot striker who plays for Dundee Utd, oh and he`s only 11! he`s so big and strong he`s playing wi Utd`s 16s team and scored 8 of his teams 9 goals the other week. He`s basically got the choice of heaps of clubs who want him but Utd,Hibs + Well are the favourites, good to see were casting our net a little wider too!

Lads were magnificent - 4-1 win with Rangers' goal (an OG) coming in the 92nd minute.

Could so easily have been five or six for the Steelmen.

Goals from G.Smith, Lawless, Pollock and Martin!

Get in!! :lol:

Full report and reaction to follow on the offical!

'Flow

Well done lads!!!! Brilliant stuff :lol:

Edit - Noticed this. Remarkable result for Accies!!!!

Hamilton racked up a 5-0 win over reigning champions Hibernian in the Clydesdale Bank U19 League this afternoon.

Having lost their opening two games of the season 6-0 to Kilmarnock then 5-0 to Aberdeen, Accies shocked Rangers 2-1 last week and followed it up with another impressive victory. New signing Tarek Benjelloun scored twice, with Ali Crawford, Lee Kilday and Jordan Kirkpatrick also on target.

Motherwell made it three wins out of our with a 4-1 defeat of Rangers at Bathgate, where Gary Smith, Steven Lawless, Jamie Pollock and Ryan Martin were on target for the Steelmen.

Elsewhere on Friday, Falkirk beat Aberdeen 3-1 at Stirling University and St Johnstone overcame St Mirren by the same score at McKenna Park.