The MFC Youth 2009'10 Thread

delboy

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the surface like that they played on? Did it give a true bounce akin to playing on grass?

The ball tends to bounce a bit higher than on grass and does also skid across it at times, it's no replacement for grass.

how highs the roof?

id imagine bein a goalie it would be quite hard to punt it up the park?

i've never been in it but in passing it looks about 100ft.the ball has hit the millenium stadium roof which is a lot higher so it can always happen with a roof.

The ball tends to bounce a bit higher than on grass and does also skid across it at times, it's no replacement for grass.

if its the newest generation 3g surface its just like playing on a slick summer pitch. bounce is higher like a firm pitch and it runs like a slicked pitch, cracking surface to play on in my eyes!

I can remember the ball hitting some overhead gantry or something at a World Cup a few years ago, they had this big gantry which had a camera on it above the centre of the pitch and the ball smacked it despite being high up.

I can remember the ball hitting some overhead gantry or something at a World Cup a few years ago, they had this big gantry which had a camera on it above the centre of the pitch and the ball smacked it despite being high up.

Was it not at the World Cup in Germany?

One of the new stadiums (Schalke's I think) has the big screen's overhanging the pitch, and Paul Robinson managed to blooter it a few times with his kick outs

Here y'are.

800px-Arena_auf_schalke_gelsenkirchen_germany.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The final score was 3-0, and there are no problems watching at Creamery Park. It would be good to see as many as possible for this game. If they win it they are right up there for the title. Don`t think Slane will play in their team, he is in the reserve team. At the moment there are about 5-6 players looking to go forward to the 1st team squad next year. Some of them will probably go out on loan for a season. So yes there a number of really good prospects coming through.

Well done to the boys today, keep it up.

Mon The Well