The MFC Youth 2009'10 Thread

delboy

The final score was 3-0, and there are no problems watching at Creamery Park. It would be good to see as many as possible for this game. If they win it they are right up there for the title. Don`t think Slane will play in their team, he is in the reserve team. At the moment there are about 5-6 players looking to go forward to the 1st team squad next year. Some of them will probably go out on loan for a season. So yes there a number of really good prospects coming through.

Well done to the boys today, keep it up.

Mon The Well

Cheers wee g. I'll be there on Tuesday then.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at the game today. Although we had some good chances I felt Celtic were that bit better organised, composed, and in the end probably deserved to be the team that won. A draw wouldn't have been totally out of the question though as we came right into the game with about 15 minutes to go and after we scored and we could have got a second. All over for us now in terms of the U19 Title. Maybe next year.

Was slane playing and how did the boy erwin play for us ?

Wee Erwin stays round the corner from me, he trains with the youngsters before FPC and he looks on another level. 15 yrs old and getting a start for the 19's, hope he's another one for the future.

Was slane playing and how did the boy erwin play for us ?

Wee Erwin stays round the corner from me, he trains with the youngsters before FPC and he looks on another level. 15 yrs old and getting a start for the 19's, hope he's another one for the future.

Slane was playing at Lennoxtown yesterday. Quite surprised to see Sloan and McKinnon featuring in that game as well. What position does Erwin play. Not too good on the Unders names but was quite impressed by numbers 6 (played like it meant the world), 10, and 11. In saying that there was a lot of positives in that team.

Slane was playing at Lennoxtown yesterday. Quite surprised to see Sloan and McKinnon featuring in that game as well. What position does Erwin play. Not too good on the Unders names but was quite impressed by numbers 6 (played like it meant the world), 10, and 11. In saying that there was a lot of positives in that team.

Sorry couldn`t make it Finlay,(admitted into hospital) but hopefully will meet up at a game. The 3 guys you speak of are no.6 was Stephen Meechan, no.10 was Jamie Pollock and no.11 was Steven Lawless (3 scottish under 19`s) 3 excellent players, but as you say there are a lot of positives about our 19`s. So hopefully a great future for the Well.

Sorry couldn`t make it Finlay,(admitted into hospital) but hopefully will meet up at a game. The 3 guys you speak of are no.6 was Stephen Meechan, no.10 was Jamie Pollock and no.11 was Steven Lawless (3 scottish under 19`s) 3 excellent players, but as you say there are a lot of positives about our 19`s. So hopefully a great future for the Well.

Indeed mate. We have a few players in that team that will no doubt make a name for themselves in the first team. The fact we have a few that are pulling 'double duty' also shows the good work done by the coaching staff.

I'll say one thing....I was far more impressed by Gordon Young's style of man managment and coaching over his Celtic counterparts.

I noticed Wullie Falconer at the game. Is he involved with Celtic youth set up at the minute?

Falkirk on Friday I see. Where is that game being played?

Hope everything goes ok at the hospital btw.

Indeed mate. We have a few players in that team that will no doubt make a name for themselves in the first team. The fact we have a few that are pulling 'double duty' also shows the good work done by the coaching staff.

I'll say one thing....I was far more impressed by Gordon Young's style of man managment and coaching over his Celtic counterparts.

I noticed Wullie Falconer at the game. Is he involved with Celtic youth set up at the minute?

Falkirk on Friday I see. Where is that game being played?

Hope everything goes ok at the hospital btw.

W. Falconer is now involved with the agent side of things, but goes to a lot of our 19s, cos he was assistant to Youngy and had been with that team for quite a few yrs.

The game is at stirling tomorrow with a 12 o`clock kick off. As for youngy and style of man management..he is brilliant with the boys. He has had some of this team for 4yrs. Very funny guy at times, is hard when he needs to be, but in all the time i have known him, i could count in 1 hand the amount of times i have seen him lose his head with the boys. Totally agree with your comment about the attitude of other teams coaches.

Nothing serious (i hope) with hospital.

Cheers

W. Falconer is now involved with the agent side of things, but goes to a lot of our 19s, cos he was assistant to Youngy and had been with that team for quite a few yrs.

The game is at stirling tomorrow with a 12 o`clock kick off. As for youngy and style of man management..he is brilliant with the boys. He has had some of this team for 4yrs. Very funny guy at times, is hard when he needs to be, but in all the time i have known him, i could count in 1 hand the amount of times i have seen him lose his head with the boys. Totally agree with your comment about the attitude of other teams coaches.

Nothing serious (i hope) with hospital.

Cheers

At one point during the match I think Gordon Young actually got annoyed with the Celtic coaches. I can't be certain but it looked like it was because of them moving out of the way of a slow moving ball that had went out for a Motherwell throw in. Bit of time wasting if you ask me. Looked like a wee bit of heated banter was exchanged but within minutes Gordon walked into their area and shook the guys hand. This was when we were 2-0 down. Fair play.

Sadly won't be able to make tomorrow as I wouldn't get back in time for work. Hopefully get to see more 'home' games though. Any reason why they don't get played on Sundays though. Would give more people like myself who want to see these games a better chance of getting along?

At one point during the match I think Gordon Young actually got annoyed with the Celtic coaches. I can't be certain but it looked like it was because of them moving out of the way of a slow moving ball that had went out for a Motherwell throw in. Bit of time wasting if you ask me. Looked like a wee bit of heated banter was exchanged but within minutes Gordon walked into their area and shook the guys hand. This was when we were 2-0 down. Fair play.

Sadly won't be able to make tomorrow as I wouldn't get back in time for work. Hopefully get to see more 'home' games though. Any reason why they don't get played on Sundays though. Would give more people like myself who want to see these games a better chance of getting along?

After tomorrow they only have 1 game away, so quite a few games at home left. Do not know why the games are not played sundays. Friday/Sat are the the days the games are meant to be, but if cancelled,, then some midweek games are played. Hopefully we will be watching a few of them in the 1st team over the next 18months.

official site says game tomorrow is at bathgate. can someone confirm whether its hannah park shotts or creamery park bathgate as we are thinking of going along & shotts suits us better distance-wise. cheers. well done the lads on their contracts