Home Or Away

another number

Do you prefer home games or away?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer home games or away?

• home
    • away

Further to the home game thread I was curious as to who prefered home games and who prefers away.

Some may say nothing compares to home games, but in recent years with poorer crowds and everyone being all spaced out I quite like an away game as everyone's sitting together and you get a lot more banter. Also with away games you've got that extra effort to get to the match.

So guys what are your thoughts?

EDIT: managed to add a poll

Depends on the away game, a cup-tie somewhere new is always that bit special especially if there's a terrace to stand on. East Stirlingshire or Stenhousemuir away in the cup this year would be nice. Ochilview has one of the best goal-end covered terraces left in the country IMHO.

Fir Park aint been the same since they seated the Shed.

Don't go to many now but probably away games. More of a day out, fans tend to more behind the team. Downside is the expense obviously.

Atmosphere at Fir Park isn't great, certainly isn't what it was back in the day when we had terracing. Not that anywhere really is.

Find this a strange topic to be honest as for me its Home every time. Surprised by the amount saying away, but hey each to their own.

Nothing better than walking into Fir Park and watching Motherwell win on home turf, surrounded by fellow Well fans, knowing that the away fans have travelled to watch there team getting beaten. A day like yesterday is what supporting a team like Motherwell is all about, first home game of the season watching your team winning comfortably with players who have coming through your youth system playing a massive part.... nothing better.

Fir Park is my 2nd home.

Away games purely because the atmosphere isnt that great at FP although a have to admit im sure it will get better this season if the boys keep playing good stuff, i reckon a good away win on Saturday and a cheeky 3 points against the h**s the week after :doh: will get a lot more into coming more regularly to Fir Park

I'm going to have to say home games. I love away games too, to be honest I just love football in general. I get to more home games than away games all things considered, which makes the away games you get to great. But I'm a creature of habit, and I'm so used to my Fir Park routine, and I haven't liked any less since day one. Also, it's a shorter journey home if you get beat!

Away Days any day.

From a couple of thousand at Nancy or Llanelli to about 70 at Inverness, the atmosphere with a band of loyal 'Well fans who rarely ever complain or get on the backs of the players beats Fir Park in my book.

Also usually a good excuse for some "social networking" in a local hostelry somewhere - and most of them are preferable to the FPC.

All in all Away for me.