Stevie Hammell

WONDERWELL

Dont know what the score is mate, sure it will start a whole load of stuff on here tho about him having a fall out with so and so, and that he's off to this team or that.

I like him as a player and think he has been a good servant but I'll tell you we looked sorted at the back on the left at the weekend. I'm sure he'll be back tho. :(

after hearing what i heard at the weekend, it wouldnt surprise me if he was dropped

if i was the manager, i'd have dropped him

however, i do think he's an important part of the squad. what does please me though is Gannon has now showed that hammell isn't irreplaceable. i'm a fan of Hammell, although I do think the last few seasons, he's had it easy and has no competition

after hearing what i heard at the weekend, it wouldnt surprise me if he was dropped

if i was the manager, i'd have dropped him

however, i do think he's an important part of the squad. what does please me though is Gannon has now showed that hammell isn't irreplaceable. i'm a fan of Hammell, although I do think the last few seasons, he's had it easy and has no competition

It generally better to either share what you supposedly heard or not even allude to it, lest you risk looking like a bit of a twat for giving it the, "I know something you dunno," style pish. Your call. ;)

What rumours were these?? More funny stuff getting sniffed in Paisley.............

Saints boss Gus MacPherson has revealed tonight he is confident of landing two new players by Tuesday's transfer deadline. Former Kilmarnock midfielder Alan Johnston is one of the targets but the other remains a mystery.

Johnston has been training with Saints for the last few weeks and impressed as a trialist against Wigan. However, he played in central midfield - the last place we need to strengthen. If a couple of midfielders are leaving then fair enough, otherwise I see no reason for yet another one being brought in.

The smart money seems to be on the other signing being a leftback, despite MacPherson denying he was in the market for one at the weekend. Internet rumours suggest we could be after Stevie Hammell from Motherwell, with Queen of the South's Bob Harris being the other option. Perhaps if one comes in there is some truth in the rumours that Mo Camara is heading to Aberdeen.

If it's not a leftback we're signing, let's hope it's another centre half or a right winger, but knowing us we'll probably sign two central midfielders!

I honestly think that we dont need to bother with any injured or dropped threads this season. Gannon clearly likes to rotate his squad and Im sure everyone will feature at one point or another.

Some of the midfield players that havent been featuring (mgarry in particular) might have something to worry about but thats it. Discussing the likes of Craigan, Hammell and any of our few defenders isnt worth the effort, as they all seem to be well in contention to me.

I'm a big fan of Hammell, always have been.

However he has had a tendancy to go completely out of shape in recent years and if he isn't content with his position at the club I'd be happy if Gannon moves him on.

Plenty of SPL clubs will rate Hammell pretty highly so I wouldn't be surprised if a swap deal was to materialise with one of our provincial counterparts.

I'm a big fan of Hammell, always have been.

However he has had a tendancy to go completely out of shape in recent years and if he isn't content with his position at the club I'd be happy if Gannon moves him on.

Plenty of SPL clubs will rate Hammell pretty highly so I wouldn't be surprised if a swap deal was to materialise with one of our provincial counterparts.

I'd pretty much agree with every word of that.

I've heard that Hammell was disappointed when the offer from Dundee was turned down as he is not happy under Gannon. It wouldn't surprise me if it was him who urged the young players not to sign new deals.

So it's fact now that a senior player is 'urging' young players not to sign new deals. B-)

I'd imagine it's a simple case, which probably happens all over the shop, of advising youngsters not to take the first offer which has, as normal, grown legs and turned into a conspiracy.

So it's fact now that a senior player is 'urging' young players not to sign new deals. B-)

I'd imagine it's a simple case, which probably happens all over the shop, of advising youngsters not to take the first offer which has, as normal, grown legs and turned into a conspiracy.

So you've changed the word 'urged' to 'advised' and decided that everyone else is conspiracy theorists and you're level-headed and rational? Hmmmmm.....

Futhermore....

Entry Word: advise

Function: verb

Text:

1 to give advice to<a popular guidance counselor who has been advising students about their college plans for two decades>

Synonyms:

counsel, caution, warn; brief, clue (in), fill in, inform, wise (up); coach, direct, lead, guide, instruct, mentor, teach, tutor; acquaint, apprise, familiarize; convince, encourage, induce, persuade, talk (into); beg, exhort, implore, prevail (upon), urge; propose, recommend, suggest

Always been a big fan of Hammell. Have spoke to him on various occassions over his two spells with us and he is a smashing down to earth bloke.

Hammell has always been guaranteed his place in our team over his two spells and I think a bit of competition for places in the starting 11 is healthy. After having no competition for your position over the years, surely it is only good for the team and Hammell I'm sure has been round the block enough to appreciate this.

I'd be very disappointed if he left, and especially if it was to a shower like St Midden.