Aberdeen V Motherwell

WellTiliDie

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many do you think will travel? We are taking the trip up to Pittodrie for the first time given all this early season optimism.

there's four buses going and most of the friends fare tickets seem to be gone (obviously not all to 'well fans) plus there are quite a few 'well fans based up north.

i can see us having 300-400 there.

As for how the game will pan out? I fear we'll lose. Not for any other reason that whenever Well fans get this hyped up for a game, whenever we get so desperate to win a game, experience tells me to prepare for a let down. Can't see how or why we should be fearing Aberdeen or why we couldn't get a result but as the old phrase goes, I have a bad feeling about this...

I have one or two misgivings about this game for the same reasons, but hopefully I'm very wrong!

I wonder if who our right side combo will be, as we have to stop Mulgrew and Aluko getting forward but also exploit Aluko's tendancy not to track back. I'd go with O'Brien and Saunders with Slane starting on the left wing.

In terms of the result I reckon it will be a 1-1 draw, but praying we can grab a late winner!

Will be my first trip to Aberdeen, cannae wait for it.

We have nothing to fear from the dons, there only victory this season was against a poor Hamilton, compounded by last nights result. Also glad they won last week, Motherwell always seem to give a failing team a win, when their in need, thankfully they already have that win.

The fact we're facing our previous manager is nearly voided by the fact nearly the whole first team has changed since he left us in a shambles two months ago.

We are the team in slightly better form with a point to prove. Still a tough place to go and get a win but its well within our grasp if we turn up.

On the other hand, this is one of those games you want to win so much, so badly, Being a Well fan over the years just points to a humiliating defeat. Would be a typical outcome you become acustom to over the years.

But Hey, In Gannon We Trust!

Just want a Win, any manner, just 1.......please. :(

Obviously I thought Mark McGhee was a great manager at Motherwell when we finished third in the league. The atmosphere at Fir Park for the start of the Nancy game the next season was terrific.

Yet now I'm surprised how much I want to beat the Sheepies on Saturday. My head tells me we've got a better manager now than when McGhee was here, so why am I bursting to see McGhee get a gubbin?

Obviously I thought Mark McGhee was a great manager at Motherwell when we finished third in the league. The atmosphere at Fir Park for the start of the Nancy game the next season was terrific.

Yet now I'm surprised how much I want to beat the Sheepies on Saturday. My head tells me we've got a better manager now than when McGhee was here, so why am I bursting to see McGhee get a gubbin?

Because (Almost) every job that came up while he was with us, he put his name forward for and never once denied he was tempted.

And he claims aberdeen are a bigger club than the 'Well.? ? ? ? ?

how do you get bigger than the biggest club in the world. ( blinkers are on just now btw )

3-0 'Well

Jutkiewicz (2), Forbes

:wallbash:

Can't wait to go, this match jumped out the fixture list when it was published, and we have played well enough to warrant getting excited about the game. Used to enjoy going up to Aberdeen but I haven't been recently. There are at least 2 of us going up from Fife and I hope that come Saturday at least 2 more will join us. Well, are you up for it guys....? :nod:

I'll be down south at a wedding, looking for a friendly fellow Dosser to text me updates ;):thumbup:

I really hope Slane is fit for this one. Not to sure why Gannon brought him on last week, the game was won and judging by team news on the BBC he sounds unlikely to make it tomorrow. Obviously he may have been injured in training during the week.

Anyway,I'm strangely confident about this one,reckon we'll win but no doubt it will be tight. The first goal is crucial I think. Go 1-0 up and hopefully the Dandies will turn against their lot.

I'm going for a Well victory. I'm basing this on us having an established team and tactics. I know MMG played a couple of talented youngsters last week, but I think we have a stronger side at present.

Same starting 11 as last week. Can't see a rational for Hammell coming back in.

2-1 the Well