Aberdeen V Motherwell

WellTiliDie

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get back on the topic of the game, I feel that for all the pressure we had in the first half, we never looked like scoring.

Jutkiwecz (sp) looks not bad, bit lazy, but maybe he's just not up the pace of the game, after Sutton came on he looked a bit more lively.

Can't really fault any player today, they all played well, my main observations have to be:

Giles Coke- what a guy, absolutely exudes class in all he does, so calm in possession, an eye for a pass and the ability to run and tackle when needed, top notch performance again.

Steve Jennings- been a huge critic of the guy, but he showed a few glimpses of promise today, maybe just needs to get up to speed with the Scottish game and we may have a player.

Ross Forbes- Absolutely out on his feet for the last 20 mins. Seriously need to look at resting him more often perhaps as he really looked like he is already on his way to burning out, a virtual passenger in the last bit of the game when we needed all hands to the pumps to stop the Aberdeen en slaught.

Penalty claims, have to say, O Briens looked a stone waller the first one, there was another just on the edge of the box that was 50/50. As for Miller, I have seen similar ones awarded but most folk at the game seemed convinced it was a dive, so maybe i'm wrong.

All in all, a point at Pittodrie is a good result in anyones book and hopefully the wee rest we have this International week will allow the players to recharge a bit and get ready for the next lot of fixtures.

As an aside, the Boyle's were on our train up, seems one of his family has a liking for the Buckie after trying it for the first time, allegedly? :lol:

To get back on the topic of the game, I feel that for all the pressure we had in the first half, we never looked like scoring.

Jutkiwecz (sp) looks not bad, bit lazy, but maybe he's just not up the pace of the game, after Sutton came on he looked a bit more lively.

Can't really fault any player today, they all played well, my main observations have to be:

Giles Coke- what a guy, absolutely exudes class in all he does, so calm in possession, an eye for a pass and the ability to run and tackle when needed, top notch performance again.

Steve Jennings- been a huge critic of the guy, but he showed a few glimpses of promise today, maybe just needs to get up to speed with the Scottish game and we may have a player.

Ross Forbes- Absolutely out on his feet for the last 20 mins. Seriously need to look at resting him more often perhaps as he really looked like he is already on his way to burning out, a virtual passenger in the last bit of the game when we needed all hands to the pumps to stop the Aberdeen en slaught.

Penalty claims, have to say, O Briens looked a stone waller the first one, there was another just on the edge of the box that was 50/50. As for Miller, I have seen similar ones awarded but most folk at the game seemed convinced it was a dive, so maybe i'm wrong.

All in all, a point at Pittodrie is a good result in anyones book and hopefully the wee rest we have this International week will allow the players to recharge a bit and get ready for the next lot of fixtures.

As an aside, the Boyle's were on our train up, seems one of his family has a liking for the Buckie after trying it for the first time, allegedly? :lol:

Thanks for a decent post in amongst the attention seeking shite.

I think jennings will end up being a great signing - but only over time - I reckon it'll take him another few months to get the pace of the game and glad to hear Coke continues to impress.

Yeah lets get back to Football

has anyone got any word on Big Hutch or Slane being missing from the squad?, the Humps absence appears to be down to some sad family news but I'm sure that I'm not the only one to be surprised at Hutch and Slane both being missing

Yeah lets get back to Football

has anyone got any word on Big Hutch or Slane being missing from the squad?, the Humps absence appears to be down to some sad family news but I'm sure that I'm not the only one to be surprised at Hutch and Slane both being missing

Slane has been carrying an injury for weeks now and I would presume that Hutchison was out injured as well.

I heard murmurs yesterday about Slane needing an operation?

As for Hutchinson, I have no idea, but he wasn't training this week according to guys who went to see it so maybe its something a bit dodgy? Who knows, hopefully we'll get a better idea after the international break.

Quite disappointed with the performance yesterday. Jim O'Brien was the only real threat in the team going forward i felt. Saunders played well at the back, good to see him in the starting line up for the second week running. We certainly missed not having Slane and Humphrey on the bench as these are the types of players that could of made a real impact on the game when coming on. All in all a draw was a fair result but disappointed not to take all three points against that mob.

right, one of the other mod's HOTD this, I've just removed all the posts regarding the chanting. This is to discuss the game yesterday at Pitrodie, not the chanting. Any posts regarding the chanting will be deleted on sight, there are other threads for that discussion.

There was another penalty shout which wasn't shown but was a stick on cant remember exactly who was involved but it was basically one of our players being dragged physically to the ground.

Still didn't see anything from them to cause concern, can see us doing them at FP.

just watched the highlights, and at the time i was going mental for a penalty, but to be honest poor show jim obrian went down almost as badly as miller did. :lol:

To be fair to him I thought it looked like he was tripped accidentally by the defender. Whether that warrants a 'nalty is another story, personally I say no but I've seen them given and defender punished which is just wrong.