Supporters Trust?

Guest 'Flow

Anyone know what is happening with the Supporters Trust (MST)?

I am a current member but not heard sight nor sound in months and months and the website has been down for about the same time period?

Anyone (a board member?) able to shed any light?

'Flow

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe a few board members resigned recently.

Dont know a great deal but I am sure Speedie or even Frazzle might be able to fill you in.

Also on the point what has happened with all the funds that have been raised for a memorial for Phil O'Donnell? Seems to have gone quiet!

I started a thread about a month back on it - suggesting that I had signed up, paid my dues and heard less than diddly squat since. Web site was kaput etc etc etc

A couple of PMs from ex members suggested all is / was 'significantly' not well there.

For my own part, it was not a huge ammount of money that I parted with - however in anybody's book if you openly advertise for members, take the money, then disappear off the face of the earth without an explanation then - some would say it's similar to what farepack done with folks christmas savings.

MST officials and I would suggest ex officials (unfortunately) have a duty to come clean and clearly and professionally state what has happened here.

Everyone involved in this organisation cannot just wash their hands of the whole affair and walk away.

Very very shabby indeed. Looks like no-one wants this conversation to be aired.

And dare i say it Flow me old son. Can you imagine the outrage on here if it were the club that behaved in this way. Double standards of the highest order.

Since it's been requested that ex-board members pass comment, I will reply, but I'm sure people can appreciate that it wouldn't be fair for me to come on and have a go at the remaining board members.

I resigned for a number of reasons - again, it wouldn't be fair while the organisation is still officially running for me to go into them in too much detail - but I really have no idea why the website is down and why members have been getting no communication from them. The AGM should be due around about now so it may be an idea for remaining members to go along and put their questions direct to the people who are best placed to answer them.

I don't know when the AGM is, or if it's even been arranged, but if I do find out (which is unlikely, I admit) before you do, then I'll certainly let you know.

In terms of who's manning the ship, the remaining board members, to my knowledge are Martin Rose, Andy Ross, Sandra Aird, Jim Frame, Alistair Stewart and John Wilson. I haven't a clue when the last meeting was or what is really happening at all but those are the current board members who should be able to keep you up to speed.

I'll answer any questions I can, within reason, but to be honest I really don't know much about what's going on.

Fraz - hopefully one of those mentioned will get to hear of the concerns and do something about it. I realise your position.

So Mr Rose et al, if you are reading this I'm sure people want to know what's going on.

For me, well it seemed a good idea at the time and I paid my fee. (Mind you if someone grabbed £10 or £15 out yer hand in the street and ran off with it there's a fair chance you'd be pissed off and go after 'em However, I've written that cash off and will never darken the MST door whatever shape or form it may eventually find itself in. All in all I don't really give a flying one. after all the heated debates we had on here about the trust I eventually said - "you know what - I'll sign up" - Then THIS.

Very disappointing.

And I do feel personally guilty for that, Steve, because it was mainly myself who was on here trumpetting that the Trust was worth getting behind. And, to be fair, I still believe that a healthy Supporters Trust is a good thing in general, as has been proven at many clubs across Britain, particularly smaller clubs in England where they've had a real positive impact. However, sadly, it hasn't happened for MFC and for my part in it's failings, I apologise.

Hopefully some fresh faces can get on board, resurrect it and help it to fulfill it's potential, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not a member - nor have i been so i probably have absolutely no right to comment.

However my reason for not being isn't because i was against the idea of the MST - it just seemed anytime i seen a AGM etc that it was all very cloak and dagger stuff among members and constant bitching about each other behind their backs - hardly a steady ship.

Anyway,i hope it all works out for ye - sadly,i think it would take a total clear-out and starting from scratch for that to happen.

I'm not a member - nor have i been so i probably have absolutely no right to comment.

However my reason for not being isn't because i was against the idea of the MST - it just seemed anytime i seen a AGM etc that it was all very cloak and dagger stuff among members and constant bitching about each other behind their backs - hardly a steady ship.

Anyway,i hope it all works out for ye - sadly,i think it would take a total clear-out and starting from scratch for that to happen.

I agree.

Sorry just got round to replying.

To cut a long story short , as far as I'm concerned I'm not that sure.

I came onto the board with a positivie outlook after seeing the work that Fraz , Speedie and a few others had been working hard on. Unfortunately it has really not worked out for one reason or another.

As far as I'm aware there should have been a meeting the second Monday in August , but this was cancelled due to various members being away at the time.

I can understand people being more than a little annoyed at throwing their hard earned at what must seem like a black hole. My personal hope is that projects such as the Phil O'Donnell Memorial and Disabled Enclosure will happen very soon.

The long term future , I can't really be certain - it's been pretty disheartening to see the two people who invited me on board both resigning and I'd be lying if I said I haven't wondered whether it was actually worth being a board member myself.

What I will bring forward is minutes and some sort of newsletter from the next meeting to be sent to all members and personally I can only apoligise at the lack of contact.

...it's been pretty disheartening to see the two people who invited me on board both resigning and I'd be lying if I said I haven't wondered whether it was actually worth being a board member myself...

I am genuinely sorry about that aswell. As I'm sure you appreciate, we did invite you onto the board with the best of intentions.

Phil O'Donnell Memorial: All funds from the fundraiser at the Civic, the dinner at the Hilton and various other bits and pieces are care of the Trust. As far as I'm aware a site visit has taken place at Fir Park and Martin Rose intends to meet with Phil's family to finalise plans on this.

Website: The site is still very much there, however, I had taken it offline about a month ago as the information was not up to date and there was still an opportunity to sign up - it's simply not fair to be touting for new members considering the unrest there is in the organisation just now.

I chucked it for 2 reasons.

Firstly - I only went on the board as I thought with Speedie, Frazzle and AndyRoss all on the board at the same time that we would be able to breath plenty of life into it and get the members on the up. I had said at the start that I wouldn't be 100% active until I moved back up to Motherwell full time. Now that I'm back up the road, 2 of the 3 have left for very good valid reasons.

Secondly - I canny be arsed trying to make a difference any more. Naybdy geez a fuck. Bob Geldof couldn'y inspire folk to join the Trust and go to board meetings.

Ahh

Martin Rose, this name keeps on coming up and not a good word to be said for him.

Where is he? :whistling: and whats he got to say about all this.

I really feel for everyone who was on the board and i'm also talking about previous board members who also post on here, as I have stated before some people on the trust board are in it for themselves (MARTIN ROSE) and it's the other board members who take the flak for it.

Shug

who the hell is this guy Martin Rose? and does he not have something to do with the club? If so, why's he head of the MST? Is that not a bit of a conflict of interest?

Grow a pair Mr Rose, and give us an actual iota of information on what's happening in the current and future contexts of the supporters trust.