Supporters Trust?

Guest 'Flow

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe steelmenonline should take over the running of the MST and all voting for board members etc be done on here! :ph34r:

At least everyone would know what was happening. :blink:

What's Martin Rose' duty as a board member, whats he responsible for?

Sorry I've had a fair few more important personal matters to deal with this week and as a result I didn't get along this Monday.

Did the meeting happen? I'm not sure as no correspondance has went around since the day of the meeting.

If it did I'd have hoped someone would have published the discussions on here , nobody on the board is unware that this site exists.

I paid my 10 quid about a year ago, heard nothing from any person associated with MST. Won't be doing it again. Shambles of an organisation that can't even acknowledge a payment from someone wanting to support it.

Totally agree.

If any of them are aware of this forum and these conversations I don't think much of them as an organisation, as well fans and more importantly as decent people.

They're office bearers of an organisation that take money from people and have a duty to deliver at the very least a fucking comment in return.

However I balance this with the fact that I'll never want anything to do with them. There are a couple of usual suspects in the office bearers list that I wasn't aware of at the time that would have 'scared me off' from joining anyway. (It seemed appealling when decent guys Frazzle and Andy were promoting the MST)

Time for a progressive organisation to represent the fans view. Not the usual arse lickers and autograph / photo opportunity junkies

They are all well aware of this forum and it's previous guise.

The biggest problem with the Trust is that people are quick to snipe at it but the Board has always been under strength in numbers it could have on the Board.

Each year there are Board Members who have to be re-elected but there are never enough Trust Members wanting to get involved with the Board and it means they get put back on automatically if they stand.

Trust Members have always moaned about how the Trust is run but very few every look to try and change it. To change it you need to be involved with the Board. There are people on the Board that are now on and nearing the end of the 2nd term on the Board, some may even have started their 3rd.

If you want to change it you need to stand for election at the AGM.

In the past people have thought they could do change it but when they get on board they find that there is too few people in place to do the job the way they thought it could be don, too little new blood to try and get the changes they want through.

When 'Flow and I were n the Board the Supporters Trust and the Supporters Assocaition were so far apart from each other. I hoped this was changing when they started working together for the Phil Memorial but I don't know.

Frazzle and Tweed came on just before I had to leave as work commitments were taking over and I couldn't make meetings. They seemed to have a drive to get things done, starting with the Phil Memorial but if they have now left, even after getting another couple of bodies on board to help then I fear this might be the end of the Trust.

One thing I will say for the folk on the Board is they do it for nothing, in their own time and they do it because they support Motherwell FC and want to help.

There is a lot of small things that the Trust have helped out with over the years. They very rarely knock back anything that the Club ask for.

They were asked to help out with the disabled section improvements by Ian Stillie and we said Yes, there was money already sitting in the Pitch In account which was set up for such projects and the idea was to start fundraising when the go ahead was officially given. Then Ian left and things went up in the air. So I don't know what the current situation is.

Over the years, the club has asked for help with goals, kit bags, towels, tables for the physio etc and it's all been given. One of the youth teams was also sponsored. It all may sound like small things but they have helped relieve the financial burden on the club as it came out of administration and beyond. All this and more could be found on their website if it was working.

That's all understood well-made. Through all the discussions we've had about the trust all those points from, membership, to new blood on the board to actual fund raising achievements have been made to us all and have been taken on board by some.

However I don't see where pleading for new members (and potential future board members) then failing to communicate to folk who join fits in with this. It's inexcusable.

Listen it's no biggie.

'The parrot is definitely deceased' and it sound like that's probably a good thing.

Over and out of this discussion

Here's the problems with the organisation as I see it...

• Meeting arrangement is shambles. They email round a day or two before a potential meeting. I don't check my email everyday. I twice checked my emails a day or two after a meeting to see I had missed one. No one phones round to check everything is ok. In fact, in my two spells as a board member I canny mind talking to another board member on the phone except Speedie for more social reasons.
  • A calender of when the meetings were to be held should have been drawn up at the start of the year and published for members to see incase they wanted to come along too.
  • The current board is all people who were on the original board, so no even 2nd or 3rd term people - correct me if I'm wrong on this but probably 5 or 6 term people noo! Andy Ross is the only bit of "new blood" left. The folk on the board just now need to consider changing things themself - i.e. standing down or swapping roles so that new members can make a difference

Here's the problems with the organisation as I see it...

• The current board is all people who were on the original board, so no even 2nd or 3rd term people - correct me if I'm wrong on this but probably 5 or 6 term people noo! Andy Ross is the only bit of "new blood" left. The folk on the board just now need to consider changing things themself - i.e. standing down or swapping roles so that new members can make a difference

They may have been there for 5 or 6 years but they are elected for a certain length of time, ie a % of them have to stand down every year and stand for re-election. So that's what I mean by the 2nd\3rd term comment.

As for Stevie Diggle,

I totally agree with everything you say, I was trying to play devils advocate pointing out what members need to do to change things and what the Trust have done for the club.

Communication has always been a weak spot for the Trust. We used to have a section on here for the Trust where details of meetings, agm and questions to the Trust etc. used to go but it was always the same individuals that replied even though other Board Members had accounts and frequented it often. This was fine for our Board Members but not everyone has access to the internet.

Another option looked at wass ending mails out by email to those that had supplied addresses but we found that we got a lot of bounce backs as well from that.

So snail mail is probably the best option but that takes getting folk together to do the filling and mailing and that wasn't\isn't always possible due to other committments. Not an excuse for never doing it but explains why it wouldn't be regular.

• 1 month later...

Really quite surprised that no-one has mentioned this, given that the lack of Trust activity seemed to be causing something of a furore a few weeks ago.

Renewal letters have been sent out and the AGM will take place on Wednesday 14 October at 7.30 in the Cooper Suite. Subs renewals are also due. The Trust is also looking for nominations for Board membership - there are vacancies.

Given the apparent disquiet I'd say this was the perfect chance for disaffected fans to put themselves forward and change things once and for all.

The AGM was also advertised in Saturday's programme.

you sound like you're a member of the trust from your previous post?

Yes, I served on the Board for several years and was the Press Officer until about 2 years ago when I had to give it up because of personal reasons. I've remained a member and will continue to renew.

I can see both sides of the debate. The Trust Board is a group of honest hard working fans who have invested a lot of their own time in the Trust. They/we haven't always got it right in terms of communication and thats been very true of late. That said communicating with members isn't as straightforward as some would believe.

I quite understand many fans have issues with the Trust - some have not renewed and some never joined. If they genuinely care enough but don't like what the Trust is doing or not doing or whatever, now is the moment to put their time where their mouth is. Its most unlikely that any nomination for Board membership would be turned down. Then change things from within.