Signing #6

Guest 'Flow

Our deal probably held up due to Lescott & Bilyaletdinov transfers perhaps

Everton need to get their act together,don't they realise the hassle they have caused us,these boards have almost been in meltdown because of this delay,all this because they wanted to do a couple of multi million pound deals first,jeez some people :P

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it just me or does he look more like a sutton type of player than a mccormack/clarkson type of player, given his height obviously?.

fingers crossed, at least its another option up front.

all the best big guy!

I'm not sure you can tell until you see him play. We will see soon enough when he scores the winner on Saturday. :P

Just spoke to a huddersfield fan who tells me he is the worst player he has ever seen. Unfit and lazy were two of the words he used to describe him. His Huddersfield career ended after he was subbed after 30 minutes and threw his jersey away. Sounds good :blink:

Just spoke to a huddersfield fan who tells me he is the worst player he has ever seen. Unfit and lazy were two of the words he used to describe him. His Huddersfield career ended after he was subbed after 30 minutes and threw his jersey away. Sounds good :blink:

Aye, he had a bust up with the boss.

He also had an unsuccessful spell at Plymouth that was cut short.

UNCOMPROMISING Town defender Andy Butler has leapt to the defence of loan signing Lukas Jutkiewicz and insisted: “He just needs a lucky break.”

The 20-year-old striker, on-loan from Everton until the end of the season, was substituted after half an hour by Town boss Lee Clark in Saturday’s 2-2 draw with rock-bottom Cheltenham.

Jutkiewicz, who is still searching for his first Town goal since joining the club in the January transfer window, threw his training top to the ground after being replaced by Danny Cadamarteri on Saturday.

The beleaguered forward was jeered off the pitch by a section of Town’s fans, who chanted: “You’re not fit to wear the shirt.”

However, he has apologised to Clark and the fans for his reaction this week.

Butler, who rescued a point for Clark’s side with a goal in the third minute of stoppage time, has pleaded with the club’s supporters to rally behind the teenage striker.

He said: “Lukas has been really bubbly in training this week and has been banging them (goals) in for fun.

“I thought it was a bit harsh the abuse he got on Saturday. I don’t think he has done a lot wrong.

We haven’t been playing well as a team and creating enough chances for him.

“He is a young lad and it can’t help him when the fans are shouting at you. He is a good player and he has a lot to offer if they give him a chance.

“Lukas just needs a lucky break and then the goals will come thick and fast for him.

“If the fans get behind him, I’m sure Lukas will give that bit extra and we will start to see the best of him.”

Yea, but Oldham fans said the same about Ports as did Northampton fans about big Giles...

'Flow

Aye i totally agree, just thought i'd see what they had to say.

My favourite quote from them so far

Biggest pile of steaming dug shite ever seen

:blink:

Welcome aboard Lukas. As others have said he must have something about him for Everton to pay £1 million to secure his signature. However, a quick troll around the teams he as played for isn't encouraging. Everton had a massive striker crisis last season and they still punted him on loan.

Here's what a Huddersfield fan blog made of him:

"So far, he hasn’t impressed. Instead of using his height in the box getting on the end of all those yummy crosses and making himself a nuisance for opposition defenders, Lukas seems to waft around the pitch like a paper bag in the wind. He tries less than Phil Jevons, which I didn’t actually think was possible without pulling the Huddersfield shirt off and donning one of the opposition. He also hasn’t scored a goal in nearly two years of professional football. What. The. Fuck. Did. We. Sign. Him. For?"

Still,only a six month loan so the risk factor is reduced.

Welcome aboard Lukas. As others have said he must have something about him for Everton to pay £1 million to secure his signature. However, a quick troll around the teams he as played for isn't encouraging. Everton had a massive striker crisis last season and they still punted him on loan.

Here's what a Huddersfield fan blog made of him:

"So far, he hasn't impressed. Instead of using his height in the box getting on the end of all those yummy crosses and making himself a nuisance for opposition defenders, Lukas seems to waft around the pitch like a paper bag in the wind. He tries less than Phil Jevons, which I didn't actually think was possible without pulling the Huddersfield shirt off and donning one of the opposition. He also hasn't scored a goal in nearly two years of professional football. What. The. Fuck. Did. We. Sign. Him. For?"

Still,only a six month loan so the risk factor is reduced.

The opinions of anyone who describes a good ball into the box as a "yummy cross" are immediately null and void.

Happy days.

The only thing we need to realise that he is the kind of loan player we can't get attached to as we will NEVER be able to sign him long term. The only hope is if he is good is extending the loan, then again if he sets the SPL alight Everton might want him back - can't really win.

Just hoping he does a turn and gets us up the table.

Gannon seems to have been very keen on the guy, so obviously thinks he can develop him into a useful addition.

I'm not too worried about it being a loan. JG said he wanted a mix of permanent and loan players to give him some time to evaluate the squad and make changes later in the year as required.

Personally I'd rather a loan at the start of the season was for the full season, but there you go. So far Jimbo has done very little if anything wrong so I'm prepared to back him on this.

I always tend to ignore comments from other teams fans about a new signing and give him the benefit of the doubt based on what he does for US.

Welcome aboard Lukas, here's to a few goals!

Personally I'd rather a loan at the start of the season was for the full season, but there you go. So far Jimbo has done very little if anything wrong so I'm prepared to back him on this.

I always tend to ignore comments from other teams fans about a new signing and give him the benefit of the doubt based on what he does for US.

Welcome aboard Lukas, here's to a few goals!

I agree Yir, Remember how shite Chris Coke was according to the Northampton site?