Mark Reynolds

jonnymfc

Just been on the BBC Website at lunchtime and Mark Reynolds stated he has one year left on his contract.

I urge the club to make him a big offer before we do a Ross McCormack and Reynolds goes to Cardiff.

This also applies to Jim O'brien.

Why is our club slow at offering contracts to what i would say are 2 of the best players in the SPL right now and both, reaching for international recognition?

reynolds has one more season after this one on his contract. i don't know him but i know people who do and there is no chance he'll sign a new contract going by what i've heard from them.

anyone else think he should be played in the position he previously excelled in to maximise bids next summer rather than be shunted between midfield and left back where he might not do as well?

reynolds has one more season after this one on his contract. i don't know him but i know people who do and there is no chance he'll sign a new contract going by what i've heard from them.

anyone else think he should be played in the position he previously excelled in to maximise bids next summer rather than be shunted between midfield and left back where he might not do as well?

I'm more comfortable with him not playing at centre back where he got turned so many times last year. I thought he has done well this season wherever he has been picked to play.

I'm more comfortable with him not playing at centre back where he got turned so many times last year. I thought he has done well this season wherever he has been picked to play.

i've thought that's he's looked lost in midfield and that as a left back is one dimensionaly defensive. he was superb playing at sweeper for two seasons full seasons and eventually got a bit of form back during our good run of form from xmas last season.

i think that's where we would get maiximum value for him, if you were looking to the spl for a holding midfielder next summer coke or gomis would jump out well ahead of reynolds and at left back paul dixon or stevie smith have much more going for them. he has already attracted a lot of interest at centrehalf/sweeper so teams must think he's alright there.

He's got two years left - summer 2011. He's said that in order to insure the club get a fair amount of money for him, he'd have to sit-down and discuss the next few transfer windows.

'Flow

If I were him I'd be more concerned about establishing himself as a fixture in my current team, bumped about to and fro and far from a stand out lately, whilst I'm sure he might get a Graeme Smith type move on back of his potential I don't reckon big clubs are battering his door down.

If I were him I'd be more concerned about establishing himself as a fixture in my current team, bumped about to and fro and far from a stand out lately, whilst I'm sure he might get a Graeme Smith type move on back of his potential I don't reckon big clubs are battering his door down.

that should be as much of a worry for us as for him, probably more so. there are about a dozen players in the squad who's contracts are up before next season so bringing in a good amount of money for mark could be vital for another summer of rebuilding.

Reality is that not many clubs have the money to buy an up and coming player with 2 years left on a contract.

The closer that he comes to being a free agent, the more the interest will be in him.

I would have thought that there will be a great deal of interest in him in a year's time - particularly from the championship and top half of league one (7k/week to play at Norwich anyone??).

Reality is that not many clubs have the money to buy an up and coming player with 2 years left on a contract.

The closer that he comes to being a free agent, the more the interest will be in him.

I would have thought that there will be a great deal of interest in him in a year's time - particularly from the championship and top half of league one (7k/week to play at Norwich anyone??).

Some truth in that indeed, but if he had built on his early promise then he'd have been gone by now. I hope he has a storming season so that interest again peaks whilst we can still get the double benefit of a decent fee.

Whatever happens, I appreciate him being upfront and honest about the situation. He hasn't gone greetin' to the club about moving, whoring himself around or handing in transfer requests unlike a certain flukey manager, a fat wee aussie and a ginger loudmouth! No names.

Always gives his all and deserves his payday when the time eventually comes. Hopefully his performances between now and the inevitable departure are of a level to attract a good offer from a decent club (not the OF or any of the other shite up here).

Ohhhhhhhhhh Marky Reynolds!...

Interestingly (and I'm sorry if this sounds like name dropping), I played golf with Willie Pettigrew :notworthy::notworthy: last summer, just after the Rangers bid for Reynolds, and expressed the opinion that I'm sure was held by a lot of fans on here, namely that Reynolds would be better served staying at Fir Park and learning more by playing first team football. I was surprised that WP had a much more professional view, that Reynolds could lose form or get an injury that could mean he was finished with football and that the security that the Ranger's deal offered was too good to turn down, an opinion that I couldn't really argue with. Hopefully we were both right and that Mark can turn in some right good performances and get his big money move (hopefully not to the auld scum) which would be good for both club and player.

No in my opinion. Been of Motherwell standard past two seasons, lets see how this season goes.

Spot on.

Looked a real find in the Malpas season, since then looked nothing special. Could go either way with his career to be honest as think potential is there if he could learn from some of the mistakes he makes.

Looked a real find in the Malpas season, since then looked nothing special.

Anyone ever consider that he only looked so good that season because everyone else (with the exception, grudged, of a fat Australian) was so terrible? And as the least experienced guy on the park, he was never going to get much stick anyway...

Anyone ever consider that he only looked so good that season because everyone else (with the exception, grudged, of a fat Australian) was so terrible? And as the least experienced guy on the park, he was never going to get much stick anyway...

that is the clawing fear that has nagged away ever since we knocked back the h**s offer!