Co-op Draw

dufc4

I agree with everything you have said in this post. Although in the last few seasons we taken points against the old firm at the tail end of the season and we even won at Parkhead. I just think we have nothing to fear from them. If we don't fear them then we have a chance of beating them.

totally agree the days of fearing the old firm are over and if we want to win the cups we have to beat those teams regardless of the round and as someone mentioned we now have a bit more width so we could take them at hampden remember 91!!!! ;):D:D:D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine that more Well fans will make the trip to Paisley for the cup tie than the SPL fixture a few days before, especially if the cup tie prices are better too!

The draw itself could've been worse, and I think it'll be tough to predict the semi final line-up as both bigots will struggle in their ties.

As long as we progress that's all that matters though!

With the St.Mirren games being back to back for us, I can see us winning one and losing the other. We'll probably win the league match on the Saturday and lose the Cup game as I just can't see us winning both and with St.Mirren's league record compared to their Cup record at New St.Mirren Park/Greenhill Road/Feegie/The Methadome/Paisley Shyburry or whatever you want to call it, I'd be more confident of us beating them in the SPL rather than the Cup.

You never know though, we might just win (or lose) both of them.

With the St.Mirren games being back to back for us, I can see us winning one and losing the other. We'll probably win the league match on the Saturday and lose the Cup game as I just can't see us winning both and with St.Mirren's league record compared to their Cup record at New St.Mirren Park/Greenhill Road/Feegie/The Methadome/Paisley Shyburry or whatever you want to call it, I'd be more confident of us beating them in the SPL rather than the Cup.

Shocker <_<

We will win both comfortably. Do you ever predict a positive result for Motherwell. You are worse than that dick from the Herald (had a complete mind block and have forgotten his name <_< ) and Billy Dodds when it comes to predicting Motherwell results.

No reason at all why we can't win both. With games like this you rarely do see the same result twice but it's not impossible. And we aren't where we are by accident. Saint Mirren, on the other hand, haven't changed much from last year.

Another great opportunity to get back to Hampden, or at least a semi final. I'm not getting my hopes up though as we are just as likely to go out the cup to beatable opposition with a whimper once again.

I hate when you play the same team in cup and league so close together. I'm sure the players do too.

Not quite Motherwell-related, but I was surprised to read this. Dundee v Rangers is the tie of the round for me....

The Co-operative Insurance Cup - Fourth Round - Celtic v Heart of Midlothian live on BBC Scotland Thu, 24 Sep 2009

The Scottish Football League and BBC Scotland have agreed that the Fourth Round match in The Co-operative Insurance Cup between Celtic and Heart of Midlothian at Celtic Park will be shown live on BBC Scotland on Wednesday, October 28 with a 7.35pm kick off.

Not quite Motherwell-related, but I was surprised to read this. Dundee v Rangers is the tie of the round for me....

The Co-operative Insurance Cup - Fourth Round - Celtic v Heart of Midlothian live on BBC Scotland Thu, 24 Sep 2009

The Scottish Football League and BBC Scotland have agreed that the Fourth Round match in The Co-operative Insurance Cup between Celtic and Heart of Midlothian at Celtic Park will be shown live on BBC Scotland on Wednesday, October 28 with a 7.35pm kick off.

No I'd say that's there fair enough this time, though with Rangers being live in the last round if it had been Celtic v Elgin City I wouldn't have been overly surprised if they had shown that just to get the ratings and be seen to be fair to both halves of the Old Firm.

I would still argue - as I did before the Dundee-Aberdeen game, that the game at Dens was the tie of the round and a better choice to be shown than Queens v Rangers, however Celtic - Hearts games are generally quite tasty so not a bad shout there.

I'm surprised at their pick but I think they have got it right. Celtic v Hearts is the best game however I would have thought because Rangers are away they may have had a greater proportion of their fans to hit to watch it so thought they would go for Dundee v Rangers. Should have been Dundee v Aberdeen the other night too. Pick the game that gives the chance of an upset that will entertain more folk rather than pander to the wants of OF delinquant fans who won't travel the length of themselves to watch.