We're On The Ball

Rocky'

They having a laugh?

Clicky

Nothing against the intended purpose of the campaign.

But Strathclyde police and in particular 'N' Division are deffinetly not on the ball when it comes to accomodating fans and how to treat them, has tuesday night showed.

Its about time the club realise the actions of the police and hired stewards are only going to force more fans and particuarly young fans away from fir park.

There has been times this season, more so on Tuesday when those in charge of crowd control showed how inept and out of touch they are with our more vocal section of the crowd. Straight from the off stewards were trying to grab a flag off 1 fan with no explination or pre warning, from then on they enforced an over the top and over zealous reaction to standing, Its been a problem for as far as i remember but in recent times fans have been allowed to stand in times of "excitement" or generally while singing this lot seemed hell bent on having you glued to your seat no matter what. It is this which irks the fans more and leads to the tit for tat battles with the stewards and police.

Its time they tried to be "on the ball" with regards to how certain fans like to enjoy moments of the game.

Our voice will be heard even if nothing changes i hope the fans who care will try voice their opinions before being turned away, rather than being forced away and not letting the club know why.

Motherwell cant affored to lose fans soo cheaply.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But it’s not just about racism. The ‘We’re On The Ball’ campaign will highlight the fact that discrimination and hate crime might not just be on grounds of race alone; it could also be about age, disability, gender, religious belief or sexual orientation.

:P

Now, don't get me wrong - there's some right wee neds that kick about in the East Stand, but I don't think anyone can dispute that the stewards constantly discriminate against the younger lads when it comes to chucking folk out.

The stewarding at Fir Park on Tuesday night was more akin to Celtic Park or Ibrox than what we are used to. The best example was when one particular jobsworth who was bullied at school comes up to Jame (Mon_da_well) and calls him "wee man". Jamie points out that he is in no way "wee" (fat dick :P ) and he is huckled out of the stadium. We counted atleast 14 people being ejected for nothing on Tuesday night and with the way some of them were treated i'd be surprised if they were back.

i agree with you that the police and stewards are often out of order but on tuesday night it was clear people were going to get lobbed out and those that did can only really blame themselves. it's obvious after a few games that the new stewards aren't willing to take any cheek and will bounce people out for acting up. it's no skin of the stewards nose to chuck folk out so everybody needs to use the heid and realise that they're the ones with something to lose and if they want to support the well for the entire game they're going to have compromise occasionally. i've never been lobbed out of a motherwell game so it can't be that difficult.

midweek league cup games over the past few years have been full of wee guys more interested in fueding with the stewards than watching the game and it happened again the other night. maybe if the police/stewards had taken a harder line a few years ago we wouldn't have the pantomine we have to suffer now.

i agree with you that the police and stewards are often out of order but on tuesday night it was clear people were going to get lobbed out and those that did can only really blame themselves. it's obvious after a few games that the new stewards aren't willing to take any cheek and will bounce people out for acting up. it's no skin of the stewards nose to chuck folk out so everybody needs to use the heid and realise that they're the ones with something to lose and if they want to support the well for the entire game they're going to have compromise occasionally. i've never been lobbed out of a motherwell game so it can't be that difficult.

midweek league cup games over the past few years have been full of wee guys more interested in fueding with the stewards than watching the game and it happened again the other night. maybe if the police/stewards had taken a harder line a few years ago we wouldn't have the pantomine we have to suffer now.

So the guy in Bop's case only had himself to blame then? Why?

Sorry mate but i dont agree at all. We'r at the fitba not the cinema, it should be a place we are able to bounce about and have a laugh without watching the games. The no standing "rule" isnt even a rule, its a guideline that doesent need to be enforced and its something that should quite blatantly be changed. If the new stewards have a problem with people singing and dancing at the football they can fuck off back to working in McDonalds.

Why do they pick on wee boys aswell? One of the guys they huckled out was genuinely about 10.

So the guy in Bop's case only had himself to blame then? Why?

i saw the incident and although i thought he was very harshly dealt with it didn't exaclty come as a suprise either. the steward who chucked him out was getting well wound up and was looking for a reason to chuck someone out. if it had been the old stewards (who took dogs abuse from a lot of people including me) they probably have let him off but the new guys clearly aren't up for taking shite off of anyone.

bop - it's not fair but we're the ones with something to lose so surely it's not difficult to sit down and not mouthoff whenever a yellow jacket approaches. we all look forward to the games and pay to get in so it's daft to risk getting chucked out and miss the game for the sale of defending your right to stand up and wanting to put scummy stewards in their place.

i saw the incident and although i thought he was very harshly dealt with it didn't exaclty come as a suprise either. the steward who chucked him out was getting well wound up and was looking for a reason to chuck someone out. if it had been the old stewards (who took dogs abuse from a lot of people including me) they probably have let him off but the new guys clearly aren't up for taking shite off of anyone.

bop - it's not fair but we're the ones with something to lose so surely it's not difficult to sit down and not mouthoff whenever a yellow jacket approaches. we all look forward to the games and pay to get in so it's daft to risk getting chucked out and miss the game for the sale of defending your right to stand up and wanting to put scummy stewards in their place.

So it was the steward's fault then. Looking for a reason to chuck someone out is disgraceful.

At the start of every half the announcer shouts "Let's hear you get right behind the well". Then if anyone does it they get chucked out. Pardon my language but it's fucking terrible and is taking the atmosphere (what little there is left) out of the game. Bop is right that this is merely a guideline and not a rule.

This isn't the first time this is debated and I know that the club read these board so I feel the concerns of the fans are being ignored on this one. Get a grip of this issue Motherwell or crowds are going to continue to decline because the young ones feel that they aren't allowed to "get behind the well".

So it was the steward's fault then. Looking for a reason to chuck someone out is disgraceful.

At the start of every half the announcer shouts "Let's hear you get right behind the well". Then if anyone does it they get chucked out. Pardon my language but it's fucking terrible and is taking the atmosphere (what little there is left) out of the game. Bop is right that this is merely a guideline and not a rule.

This isn't the first time this is debated and I know that the club read these board so I feel the concerns of the fans are being ignored on this one. Get a grip of this issue Motherwell or crowds are going to continue to decline because the young ones feel that they aren't allowed to "get behind the well".

Good post.

I know it has been mentioned previously but it would be great if we could have a section for people who want to stand up and sing etc.

I think some supporters need reminding that Fir Park is an ALL SEATING ground. I would love to stand where I sit, but I can't IT'S THE LAW. Stewards and police are only trying to enforce the seating of fans, some of whom think that this doesn't apply to them.

I hope we can return to standing at the match one day, until then, obey the law sit down and stop moaning.

I don't mind standing up for the Motherwell or standing up when there is action, but some people just stand throught the game, it's really not on.

Then surely thats the steward in questions fault? Looking to chuck someone out (which is exactly what they did all game) is completely in the wrong. The stewards are meant to be there to help us out and keep spectators safe but all they are doing at the moment is encouraging an us v them mentality and if they keep up the shite it could be heading to a really nasty head. There were quite a few heated exchanges and i wouldnt be surprised if it comes to a nasty head in the near future.

I cant agree again mate, i see what your saying but i honestly think we have more to lose by sitting on our arse and agreeing with it. Scottish football is already dying on its arse and what youngsters are going to want to come along and sit in a stadium where you are threatened with being ejected for farting too loud. One boy was ejected on saturday for standing to go to the toilet. If it is the case that we have a new match commander and it is him that is making these decisions then he should be sent packing and someone new should be brought in.

Who honestly cares if 200-300 fans are standing up?

do you think motherwell are somehow going find cops to work at the games that aren't dicks or stewards that aren't tinks? we've more more chance of signing lionel messi.

the situation is what it is and if people want to see the 90 minutes then they need to be use their heads and not give the stewards any reason to chuck them out. i'm not saying that people need to behave like choir boys, just to try and avoid confrontations that you can't win.

do you think motherwell are somehow going find cops to work at the games that aren't dicks or stewards that aren't tinks? we've more more chance of signing lionel messi.

the situation is what it is and if people want to see the 90 minutes then they need to be use their heads and not give the stewards any reason to chuck them out. i'm not saying that people need to behave like choir boys, just to try and avoid confrontations that you can't win.

Very true mate, some people only have themselves to blame.

I think some supporters need reminding that Fir Park is an ALL SEATING ground. I would love to stand where I sit, but I can't IT'S THE LAW. Stewards and police are only trying to enforce the seating of fans, some of whom think that this doesn't apply to them.

I hope we can return to standing at the match one day, until then, obey the law sit down and stop moaning.

It isnt. Its a guideline that stewards use to their advantage to act like big men because they have a rotten job and got bullied as weans. (not all of them admittedly, but the ones at the far end of the east stand are wanks.)

Well they can find Stewards because Motherwell FC are the customer in this case and if they are not happy with a service they can tell them. If they don't change it they get some other company to steward the games.

Very true mate, some people only have themselves to blame.

So we should just sit down and accept it while jumped up hitlers in yellow jaikets lift wee boys and ruin whats left of the atmosphere at Fir Park?

EDIT: Meant to quote steelboys last post there but somehow managed to muck it up.

It isnt. Its a guideline that stewards use to their advantage to act like big men because they have a rotten job and got bullied as weans. (not all of them admittedly, but the ones at the far end of the east stand are wanks.)

Cheers for that, apprently it's for "Safety and Security reason", however I dislike the fact the certain people think that this doesn't apply to them. It's like a red rag to a bull with the police and stewards.

Cheers for that, apprently it's for "Safety and Security reason", however I dislike the fact the certain people think that this doesn't apply to them. It's like a red rag to a bull with the police and stewards.

But its a guideline, it isnt the law and its something that is only applied at certain peoples discretion. I think the problem most people like myself have is the way its enforced. Everyone knows that up that end of the east stand people like to stand up and have a bit more of a sing song, its only one section and anyone who wants to sit down for the full game can so safely in the majority of other areas in the stadium. I dont see what the problem would be with allowing the last section in the east stand to stand up for the duration of the game. To say its a health and safety risk is absolutely ridiculous, are they seriously saying that standing up is dangerous?

On Tuesday night, I was standing up the back a couple of seats from the aisle, as I always do, and the Steward at the end of the aisle was standing minding his own business, exactly as I was for the first half hour of the game. A more senior steward (ie, walkie talkie and small penis) came over all heavy handed and told me to sit down. The way in which I was spoken to could have, in a more tense environment or with someone a bit less tolerant, led to a scene out of nothing. To make matters worse, he then gave the young steward who was doing his job exactly how he should to my mind, a very public and patronising dressing down about being vigilant and observant to potential flash points. Anyone with in fifty yards could tell that the only person causing any potential flashpoints was himself.

This has gone on for too long, and something has to be done. However, I think we may be farting against thunder as a lot of wee idiots do annoy people down the far end and I don't doubt that some older people are relieved when they're chucked out. People minding their own business like I was being spoken to like a second-class citizen are suffering as a result.

Another point is that because of the cheaper entry fee on Tuesday, there was possibly a number of fans in the ground who wouldn't normally go and, if they were victims of this heavy handed stewarding or witnessed it, I doubt they'd return in a hurry.

Bottom line is that the stewards at that end of the ground are being paid to repel Motherwell fans from Fir Park. If the club doesent do something about it then people will seriously stop coming back to games or there will be a major incident at that end of the ground. Towards the end of the season the stewards were actually ok i thought, they spoke to the supporters like human beings and came up with certain compromises (sit down for 5 minutes at a time etc to appease the match commander) which most people did.

The more the stewards act like this then the more people will try to stand.