Weak Up Front

Welldaft Mk1

It's very early days in the Gannon era and he's shrewd enough to know what he needs. Rome wasn't built in a day, and all that. He'll be looking around for the best he can get within his budget, and there's also the fact that much of side are still learning to play together and relationships take time to form, particularly partnerships at centre forward and centre half. Improvements will ( or at least should ) occur naturally as players familiarise themselves with each other. There are a lot of youngsters who still have a lot of learning to do in his team.

It's very early days in the Gannon era and he's shrewd enough to know what he needs. Rome wasn't built in a day, and all that. He'll be looking around for the best he can get within his budget, and there's also the fact that much of side are still learning to play together and relationships take time to form, particularly partnerships at centre forward and centre half. Improvements will ( or at least should ) occur naturally as players familiarise themselves with each other. There are a lot of youngsters who still have a lot of learning to do in his team.

I agree entirely (almost) with your post. So far, as I have stated earlier Gannon has outperformed mine and many others expectations. But we would not be football or even more so Motherwell fans if we were not allowed a wee moan every now and then.

We have a veritable abundance of midfielders at the club and thankfully some have stepped up to the plate and scored telling goals this season. But we effectively lost 3 key strikers since last Xmas and have only replaced them with one loanee who has so far failed to deliver. I had very much hoped for at least two strikers and felt as we only had one in, we would struggle up front.

Hopefully Lukas will start to deliver like Porter did after his slow start.

Overall quite pleased with progress and I believe with Gannon at the helm we will have more highs than lows - or at least I hope so!

I'm still of the opinion that Lukas will come good although his 'fall from grace' in such a short space of time baffles me a bit. He's only played a handful of senior games and he's doesn't appear to be a prolific goalscorer so makes me think he must have so much more to offer the team as a whole to earn this £1m price tag.

That said, Everton might have been paying for the potential rather than the finished article, however if there is a somone who can help folk reach then potential then it appears Gannon is just the man.

I agree entirely (almost) with your post. So far, as I have stated earlier Gannon has outperformed mine and many others expectations. But we would not be football or even more so Motherwell fans if we were not allowed a wee moan every now and then.

We have a veritable abundance of midfielders at the club and thankfully some have stepped up to the plate and scored telling goals this season. But we effectively lost 3 key strikers since last Xmas and have only replaced them with one loanee who has so far failed to deliver. I had very much hoped for at least two strikers and felt as we only had one in, we would struggle up front.

Hopefully Lukas will start to deliver like Porter did after his slow start.

Overall quite pleased with progress and I believe with Gannon at the helm we will have more highs than lows - or at least I hope so!

I think this is the case, if we remember Porter's first season he looked like he was never gonna score until the Gretna game where he claimed a goal with the ball bouncing off his arse. After that there was no holding the big man back.

I think Lukas just now looks to be trying too hard, but when he's up and running and got a bit of confidence I think theres potential there to be effective in this Motherwell team.

I think this is the case, if we remember Porter's first season he looked like he was never gonna score until the Gretna game where he claimed a goal with the ball bouncing off his arse. After that there was no holding the big man back.

I think Lukas just now looks to be trying too hard, but when he's up and running and got a bit of confidence I think theres potential there to be effective in this Motherwell team.

Porter was scoring nearly a goal every other game for Oldham before he came up North. Jutkiewicz with a record of 1 goal per ten games. He is murder and is the one signing that Gannon has got wrong so far. Please prove me wrong Lukas. :blink: