Stewart Kerr

numpty

Have you actually been to any games he has played in? He has had plenty of mistakes in the games I've been at. He hasn't been 100% to blame for any goals conceded but he hasn't inspired much confidence either.

Yes, I've seen all of Frasers games. And you're right again, he was not at fault for any of the goals he let in and I can't say Ruddy would have kept any of them out. So what's he done wrong? Apart from not be at fault for any goals I mean ;)

Yes, I've seen all of Frasers games. And you're right again, he was not at fault for any of the goals he let in and I can't say Ruddy would have kept any of them out. So what's he done wrong? Apart from not be at fault for any goals I mean :lol:

Your original post said that he'd done nothing wrong in a well top. Do you think he's supposed to drop the ball when trying to catch a cross while under no pressure from the opposition?

It's a moot point as to whether Ruddy would have kept any of them out but if you've actually watched any of the games you've been at you'll have seen plenty of mistakes from Fraser. Mistakes don't necessarily cost goals you know.

Having never really noticed him at Inverness Caley I had a totally open mind when we signed him. I can only judge him on what he's done for us so far and due to some dodgy moments against Llanelli and Flamurtari I think he needs to improve a fair bit before I'd be comfortable with him as a number 1. Seems that Jim Gannon feels the same since signing a keeper quickly became one of his top priorities and that keeper is now first choice.

It's a moot point as to whether Ruddy would have kept any of them out but if you've actually watched any of the games you've been at you'll have seen plenty of mistakes from Fraser. Mistakes don't necessarily cost goals you know.

Mistakes by Fraser you mean unlike Ruddy, who has never made a mistake except a fair few at St Johnstone (probably the same that Fraser has done in all his appearances) and against Hibs? ;)

Fraser was never intended to be our first choice keeper. We signed him at a time when we weren't sure if Graeme Smith was staying. He'll do as back-up and I'm sure will do a job if ever he's needed but in pre-season whilst he never made any mistakes, he didn't exactly turn in any performances which would make folk consider that he should become first-choice either.

Mistakes by Fraser you mean unlike Ruddy, who has never made a mistake except a fair few at St Johnstone (probably the same that Fraser has done in all his appearances) and against Hibs? :whistling:

Did anybody ever say that Ruddy hadn't made any mistakes? The post was about Fraser not being up to being the number 1 but if you think otherwise you obviously know something Jim Gannon doesn't.

Actually your post was about the large amount of mistakes that Fraser made that have not led to goals... that's not a bad thing in a keeper. If a keeper makes a mistake and it doesn't lead to goals, then it's naw a bad keeper to have...

Surely you can't be serious? It's not a bad thing when a keeper drops crosses when completely unchallenged or needlessly gives corners away by fumbling the ball, all against lower class opposition?

Are you sure you don't just quite like the look of Fraser in his pink strip as I can't see any other reason why anybody would rate him given his performances for us?

No but he hasn't made any more mistakes than Ruddy has. In fact Ruddy has made more mistakes which have led to goals than Fraser has. Yet no one is on his back. The fact of the matter is, they're professional footballers and there is not a single keeper in the world that doesn't make mistakes, even some of the best, in some of the biggest games in the season (for example Foster against City).

From what I've seen of Fraser so far, he looks unconvincing, however he has only played four games so it'd be harsh to write him off as a no hoper based on just that.

However, it is worth remembering that in his time at Inverness he lost his place to the absolutely woeful Zibi Malkowski, albeit for a brief period, before being kept out of the team last season by the not much better Ryan Esson.