Jamie Murphy

one_luc_nijholt

I'd say its a wee bit early to say he's close to the make or break stage with Motherwell but I do sense a growing feeling of frustration amongst some 'Well fans that Jamie's progress has not been as fast as some have expected.

Having been around the first team for 2 or 3 seasons now I think some feel he should be closer to cementing a place in the first team and scoring more.

I agree to an extent that by now I might have expected to have seen a wee bit more from Murph in terms of goals scored but its still early days. He's not that long turned twenty so he's hardly at his peak, around two thirds of his appearances thus far have come as a sub and he's often played out wide rather than a central striker.

I'm fairly confident that with the right backing and support and a bit of patience he'll become the striker we hope we can be.

If I do have any question marks over him its what appears at times to be a lack of self-belief. He's scored routinely at pretty much every level he's played but there are times you see him out there and you think he looks totally at ease at first team level and there are other times when he seems nervous and timid and you would just love to give him a shot of confidence.

I think it'll come though.

Pretty much spot on for me. He needs games and not 15/30 mins. The forward line is needing some pace and movement badly.

Said it before but I think Forbes needed a rest so I'm pretty satisfied that he didn't come on from Motherwell's point of view

That's exactly my view as well. Quite glad he didn't play as he definitely needs a rest. Doesn't look as though he can last 90 minutes in the SPL at times.

I think Ross will be disappointed not to play, but that will only make him more determined to be in the next squad, meaning he will try to raise his game even more. In the case of Jamie it great for him to get the goal, his confidence should be sky high, and as far as Motherwell goes he only played 23 minutes so will be fairly well rested too.

bob mchugh scored the first for scotland u19 against romania in austria. we won 3-0 and meechan started and pollock came on.

Aye but the SFA have changed his name to Paul B-)

Billy Stark's youth teams enjoyed a good day at the office on Saturday. While the National Youth Teams Coach's U21s secured victory over Belarus his U19s, under the care of Donald Park, beat Romania 3-0.

Paul McHugh, Archie Campbell and Bradden Inman found the net for Scotland.

The U19s are in Austria for their Qualification group for the UEFA U19 Championships. Stark will join the squad today ahead of their next game against Armenia.