Celtic V Motherwell

Rickoza

Amazing stuff today.

Jock Brown's Setanta commentary couldn't have had more superlatives for this Motherwell team and the way they played!!

And he was spot on too!!!

Forbes back to his best today, great skill and close control to keep the ball many times!!

To think this is us without O' Brien and Slane who looked immense pre-season.

:notworthy:

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outstanding. From start to finish, we were fucking brilliant today. I don't mean in terms of quality of football (that was excellent, mind). I mean in terms of how brave we were, how professional we were, how fearless and how passionate we were. We defended immensely and I'm so fucking proud of our boys. We were just excellent!

Haha they're already talking about how long Mowbray's got left in the job on Radio Clyde just now. Gordon Strachan must be pissing himself laughing just now after he was hounded out the door for not 'being a sellic man' even though he won three titles out of four.

Celtic's record this season is P15 W7 D2 L6. Not very good.

Anyway, good point away from home but I'm still concerned a little about the lack of goal threat. 3 goals in 6 matches, 1 of them a penalty isn't great but it was never likely that would be free scoring today. Hopefully we'll get a couple next week.

Anyway, good point away from home but I'm still concerned a little about the lack of goal threat. 3 goals in 6 matches, 1 of them a penalty isn't great but it was never likely that would be free scoring today. Hopefully we'll get a couple next week.

I think a decent goal threat is all we are needing at the moment to move this team forward. We've shown we can pass the ball and defend well we just need a clinical edge* to our forward line and we'll be there.

*As long as that clinical edge can be brought in for a bag of sweeties and the Beano! :notworthy:

Celtic's record this season is P15 W7 D2 L6. Not very good.

theres always one i thought i was negative :notworthy:

I think a decent goal threat is all we are needing at the moment to move this team forward. We've shown we can pass the ball and defend well we just need a clinical edge* to our forward line and we'll be there.

*As long as that clinical edge can be brought in for a bag of sweeties and the Beano! :P

theres always one i thought i was negative :doh:

Ya Bezzer is absolutely right though. Let's not paper over the cracks - we struggle to score.

*As long as that clinical edge can be brought in for a bag of sweeties and the Beano! :doh:

Spot on Rammer, our passing is good, defence awesome but we have no striking abilities right now.

Well, I dared to say 1-1, but 0-0 is the same difference. Great result, I was getting regular "still no score" texts from her indoors but was expecting news of Celtic getting their customary late goal. That's an excellent away point to add to the clean sheet against Rangers. Onwards and upwards :doh:

Fantastic result today. Well done lads.

Whilst I can appreciate the comments about us not scoring goals etc. IMO Jim Gannon has gotten his priorities right in that he is making us a hard side to break down and score against. He has given us bit of steel in our game and all good sides begin by having a solid goalkeeper and defence that gives nothing away which gives them a solid platform to build on. The forward part of the game is always harder and good forwards are rare and cost money however I'm confident that this side of our game will come good.

Thought we thoroughly deserved our point today. Some terrific performances, Reynolds and big Yass were tops for me tough Jutkewicz did a great job on his own up front. Had to laught at the Shellic fans who were very "gracious" at failing to win. Jim Gannon - magic!

Think we were well worth the point today. It a bit unfair to complain about lack of clear goal scoring oportunities against likes of Rangers and Celtic but as a team we look fairly solid, fairly good on the ball but not awfully threatening in the final third.

Certainly won enough corners today but the front two as yet don't look the part. Individually I reckon Juskiewicz and Murphy have shown enough to at least persevere with but how I wish we had a Porter and Clarkson up front. Hopeful they will strike up a more dangerous partnership in due course but it is currently our biggest weakness our seeming impotence from open play.

Fantastic result today. Well done lads.

Whilst I can appreciate the comments about us not scoring goals etc. IMO Jim Gannon has gotten his priorities right in that he is making us a hard side to break down and score against. He has given us bit of steel in our game and all good sides begin by having a solid goalkeeper and defence that gives nothing away which gives them a solid platform to build on. The forward part of the game is always harder and good forwards are rare and cost money however I'm confident that this side of our game will come good.

Agreed. When Gannon first came in he said we would not be conceding those silly goals like Llanelli for much longer. And lets be honest, apart from Hibs he has been spot on. You cannot lose a match if you don't concede goals.