Humphrey's Scotland Option

numpty

Whereas for the wide positions - Humphrey would be up against McFadden (current top International goalscorer), McCormack and his rising talents (assuming he gets over his injury), Commons (who if he can get rid of the big-shot personality can be a decent player), Maloney (who probably will only be a bit-part player for Scotland) and to a lesser extent Barry Robson on the left hand side (albeit he is favoured to play more centrally).

From that Humphrey is the only out and out right winger.

Whereas for the wide positions - Humphrey would be up against McFadden (current top International goalscorer), McCormack and his rising talents (assuming he gets over his injury), Commons (who if he can get rid of the big-shot personality can be a decent player), Maloney (who probably will only be a bit-part player for Scotland) and to a lesser extent Barry Robson on the left hand side (albeit he is favoured to play more centrally).

And not to mention James Morrison who is by far the best option on the right IMO.

As for the whole Humphrey thing, if we're going to be playing a few more friendlies before the next campaign then it's about time we started being ruthless when it comes to taking advantage of players who are eligible for more than one country.

Instead of calling up guys like Craig Conway and Lee Miller, we should be calling up lads like Ikechi Anya, Kevin Kerr, Brad Inman, and giving them a cap for the last 5 minutes just on the off chance they turn good. If they never play for Scotland again then there's no real harm done.

Similiarly, if Humphrey genuinely begins to show potential that he could be a class act in a couple of years - cap him for the last 5 minutes of a friendly, and that's him a Scotland player for the rest of his career. If he turns out gash, never cap him again. Sorted.

Strange one this. he has scottish roots but isn't really scottish. i don't buy into this "who's your relatives" crap. i was born here and brought up here.. i am scottish doesn't matter if my parents came from mars.

Although technically we could work it like most countries do and if you hold a passport for that country then you are in. So anyone with a british passport can pick from all the home nations.... maybe we should get our hands on some Brazilian refugees.

Lee

Although technically we could work it like most countries do and if you hold a passport for that country then you are in. So anyone with a british passport can pick from all the home nations.... maybe we should get our hands on some Brazilian refugees.

Technically we have been able to do that for years... we have chosen not to (with some heavy help from FIFA). It's called the Gentleman's Agreement.

i agree 100% with ya beezer. any talk of bloodlines is a nonsense and a fantasy, if people are here and there contributing to our society they're scottish (if they want to be). england, ireland, spain, italy and countless other countries don't have any problems with stuff like this and i think the only reason we do is that we're not independent and people feel the need to fight to protect our national identity rather than let it evolve.

Haha, the bitterness in this thread about folk from Old Firm teams getting picked ahead of other clubs in Scotland is hilarious.

Fox had been mentioned by Burley before he moved to Celtic.

Better players in Scotland play for the Old Firm.

Lee Wallace probably didn't get picked originally because he's a gun toting nutter who has been out of form.

Haha, the bitterness in this thread about folk from Old Firm teams getting picked ahead of other clubs in Scotland is hilarious.

Fox had been mentioned by Burley before he moved to Celtic.

Better players in Scotland play for the Old Firm.

Lee Wallace probably didn't get picked originally because he's a gun toting nutter who has been out of form.

are you a bigot brother in disguise what a load of pish!!!!