10 Years Ago Today.

postiejim

Jebus! Was that really 10 years ago? Aye, I was there and it was horrible. At least we went on a great run after that though.

The Dundee Utd game a few years ago when we lost 5-4 was even worse though as we threw away a 2 goal lead 3 times at 2-0, 3-1 and 4-2!! Crimminal.

Seems longer ago than ten years to me aswell. Me and you must both have the same good therapist.

I was there, and it was truly bizarre. What I also thought was strange was that the goals were raining in on a night that had probably the two best goalies I've ever seen between the sticks.

I can't say this game ever crosses my mind(can't think why) but whenever it is mentioned I am instantly transported back to the moment where the reality sank in. Not being at the game it was a check on teletext in the middle of a poker evening that confirmed what I had assumed had to be a wind up.

What sort of sick masochist starts a thread like this anyway? :)

The strange thing is, the way I remember it (possibly with claret and amber tinted glasses), is they seemed to score with almost every attempt whereas we had loads more chances and should have scored more. I also think we applied a lot of late pressure with a few close things but it was 10 years ago so my memory may be playing tricks on me.

Can vaguely remember the game, though the main memory for me is being in Dixon's or Curry's the next day and the BBC highlights show every goal was broadcast on about 25 teles!

Cannae believe I was 13 when that game happened, didn't realise it was as long as 10 years ago!

ahh what a night.... strange to say due to the fact we got beat but one of the best games ever to watch, the score line could have been much higher and as someone said above i felt we were the better team.

in the same vein... the game against dundee that finished 5-3 on a foggy night at fir park. i am sure that game started with 5 goals in 20 mins.

Lee

Aye it was quite a night. That was the Aberdeen team that arrived at Fir Park without an away goal or point prior to that match, typical Well eh?!!!

Smashin' game though, even though it usually means some poor defending was on show! I prefer to focus on the positive though, there was some great play and a few decent goals too.

The next day we signed Benito Kemble and a week later we won 1-0 at Shellic thanks to Twads goal, and despite Tealey's first half dismissal!! Strange but exciting times!!

Aye it was quite a night. That was the Aberdeen team that arrived at Fir Park without an away goal or point prior to that match, typical Well eh?!!!

Motherwell Aid at it's best!!!

I was there and I was 19 at the time. Can't really remember too much about it though to be honest, other than it being bizarre. Probably for the best that I don't remember it too clearly!!! :)

Before that game Aberdeen hadn't won all season and had scored only two goals and had just been gubbed 7-0 by Celtic on the Saturday beforehand, so there was a kind of inevitability about it that they should end that against us. But no one, but no one could have predicted that they would do it in the way they did. It really was a farce of a game, just like watching a five a sides match and Aberdeen really did seem to score every time they attacked. It was a truly shocking result and defensive display from us but at the same time a very enjoyable spectacle just for the fact that both sides looked as though they didn't have a defence between them.

After that game we went on something like an eight or nine game unbeaten run starting with a 2-0 win up at Tannadice followed by a 1-0 win at Celtic Park with ten men the following Wednesday.

Only Motherwell eh?

Did we not have a goal chopped off andmissed two penalties? :lol:

Think the old mind is playing tricks on you mate! Imagine if that had happened though!!

Might be getting mixed up with a Falkirk game where we won 5-3 or something and we missed two pens. I remember Coyne scoring for us in that one and Wankavennie scoring (all 3?) for them.

Even worse than that mate. John 'the keeper crippler' Clark scored two jammy deflected free-kicks before the Frankie boy knocked in a header from a yard.