10 Years Ago Today.

postiejim

:lol:

Aye it was quite a night. That was the Aberdeen team that arrived at Fir Park without an away goal or point prior to that match, typical Well eh?!!!

Smashin' game though, even though it usually means some poor defending was on show! I prefer to focus on the positive though, there was some great play and a few decent goals too.

The next day we signed Benito Kemble and a week later we won 1-0 at Shellic thanks to Twads goal, and despite Tealey's first half dismissal!! Strange but exciting times!!

Was at the Piggery that night !

Did Gould not make a "Banks" like save from a Spencer header in the first half ?

"Its black

Its blue

Its halfed in feckin two

Its Henricks leg"

Beggarz didnae like that ! :D

Seem to remember a couple of the Sheeps goals being deflections the 5-6 game

I also seem to remember enjoying that game as we had the best of the play yet Aberdeen kept running up the park and scoring. Maybe that's just my selective memory, though.

Was it this game that all the Bayern Munchen fans were at? I remember a fair few of them in the East Stand as they were playing Rangers the following night and after learning the tune to 'we fu-cking hate Rangers...' we were treated to a sing-song for the rest of the night. Again this could be selective memory, but I remember thinking 'they've come from Munich for some treat tonight', although it may have been some other high-scoring game at the 'Ark.

EDIT: Can't have been that night as Munchen played at Ibrox on 20/08/99. Anyone know what game they turned up to at FP?

Am I imagining all of this? Googling Bayern vs the old firm doesn't being up much dates.. Im pretty sure they were behind me in the East Stand though!

EDIT: Can't have been that night as Munchen played at Ibrox on 20/08/99. Anyone know what game they turned up to at FP?

Am I imagining all of this? Googling Bayern vs the old firm doesn't being up much dates.. Im pretty sure they were behind me in the East Stand though!

Was it not a game against Hearts that got abandonned after the pitch was waterlogged? Think we were winning 1-0 through a Teale penalty.

Missed the 6-5 game,I'd just started uni and gave it a miss. Couldn't beleive when I heard the score.

Was it not a game against Hearts that got abandonned after the pitch was waterlogged? Think we were winning 1-0 through a Teale penalty.

the best thing about that night was there were a load of bayern munich fans at the game who went on the pitch after the game got abandoned and led some mad bouncy style chants.

nevin's winner in the rearranged game was a belter.

aye what a nite that was i was 19 and i can remember sitting in the east stand with my now wife and singing to the sheep "will you ever win a game" was a strange nite dont think i will ever forget it pity you dont see games like that anymore. that game must be one of a few or the only game where 2 scotsmen scored a hatrick each :)

Wasn't at the game but can remember as clear as day checking the final score on teletext after having no idea how the game had gone. It was the most surreal "Fecking Yes... Oh ya c**t" moment I have ever experienced! I was convinced the score was wrong and switched between pages about ten times before reading the match report and it sinking in.

I still shudder at that game, how on Earth we managed to concede six goals to that just a few days after they'd been humped 7-0 at Shellic park (who we beat twice in the next half-dozen games!!). After it went 5-6, you'd have thought we'd have went for it but it wasn't like that sadly.

It was midweek and my boys were still quite young so I ended up watching alone. My memory of that night was a feak show and shambles. I'm sure one of the Aberdeen goals came from a free kick into the box and a free header. That sounds bad enough, but the free kick was a retake, and a carbon copy of the first. :cheers::huh::huh:

Tony Thomas - turned slower than an oil tanker, completely lost.

I'd have preferred a dreich 0-0.