St Mirren V Motherwell; League Game

WellTiliDie

Right i've not seen any actual threads for the game on Saturday so i thought i would start one.

Very important game where defeat could see us slip into the Bottom 6 whereas a win would enhance our European aspirations and continue our impressive start to the season.

I would go with the same line up as the weekend at Celtic. Maybe bring O'Brien back in if he is fit.

I am going to sit on the fence with this one and go for a 0-0 draw.

Thoughts folks.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Gannon has already said, a good player will raise their game every week and not just for the 'big ones'. I really do hope the players will see why games like these could be regarded as bigger than any game against Rangers or Celtic. It's a chance to gain 3 points and see close opposition drop 3 so these are the ones that really make the difference.

I'd like to see O'Brien and Hutchison back as options but I've no got the tactical knowledge to work out who I'd drop.

We're still struggling to score but seem bulletproof at the back (most the time) so I'm going for 1-0 to us.

I don't foresee many changes, and if O'Brien and Hutchinson are fit I'd put them on the bench to start with.

I imagine a fairly tight game, and they will come into it with confidence after wins over FHW and the Bairns, but they don't win three on the bounce very often do they?!!

1-0 Motherwell will do me fine, and wee Jamie is due a goal isn't he?!

Good to see discussion maintaining sense of reality. Although we are going well this season, I don't see much between the two sides. Paisley is no fun trip for The Well recently. I think O'Brien will come back if fit and we will win 1-0.

I had loads of fun watching their fans despair as we pumped them 3-1 at the end of last season, but yeah I know what you mean. There have been numerous shockers at Paisley in the past few seasons.

Whilst I obviously hope we win, I can see a draw. McPherson never sets his teams up to be flamboyant and attack minded whilst we have proved generally solid from back to front.

I'm sure both would like to win, but more so both I think we will be privately happy not to lose to keep recent good form ticking over.

I'd play

-----------------Ruddy-------------------

Moutaoukil---Saunders--Reynolds---Hammell

-------------Coke------Hateley------------

Humphrey--------Forbes-----------O'Brien

-----------------Jutkiewicz---------------

Subs: Kosiorwski, Craigan, Jennings, Sutton, Lasley, Murphy, Hutchinson.

A hard fought 1-0 win for us, with Saunders getting his first well goal!

Definitely not beyond us to get 2 wins out of this.

Though I'd gladly take a point on Saturday and a win on Tuesday.

As long as they don't beat us on Saturday, as that will put them above us in the league, even though it'd only be for a week.

I have a feeling that Tuesday's game will be decided either in extra time or penalties...or maybe even in 90 minutes.

Jutkiewicz on target within the first 10mins.

Slow game for the next 60mins and Humphrey/O'Brien to wrap it up with our 2nd after about 75mins.

2-0 'Well

Lukas is due a goal after a very good performance as the lone-striker at Parkhead, done a lot of the unfashionable work for us up front on Sat.

And the pace of Humphrey/J.O'B will provide vital when counter attacking and one of which will grab there first of the season.