Crewe After Jim Gannon

Rickoza

rumourmill working overtime guys . . . it's no secret Jimbo has admired Dario Gradi and his tenure and achievements at Gresty Road, however, Crewe are shit . . . i don't agree with the comment above saying all the football in L2 is crap as there is some great football played at grass roots, possibly not consistently but it's there all the same . . . I really can't see Jim going there, he still does have his house in Stockport and travels up to the 'Well 3 or 4 times a week i think . . . but one thing about Jim is his professionalism . . . he'll not bail out when he's just got there . . . you guys seem to be a similar crowd size as L1/L2 down here but you have a good sized club that play in Europe . . . and trust me when i say, forget who's finishing 3rd in the SPL because Jim won't be accepting that . . .he'll be pushing the OF all the way and i bet his drive is to make 'Well the team that upset's the applecart of the OF and he'll achieve it with TEAM PLAYERS not primadona's and millioinaires . . . good luck and when it happens i'll be back to say 'i told you so' . . . lol . . . continue your great season guys, i do look out for your results with envious green eyes lol . . . but it's time us Stockport chaps move on . . .

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst we are talking about speculation re Gannon - possibly worth noting that Crewe are not alone in coveting Gannon. Brighton also appear to have him on a shortlist of sorts, but I have to admit that most of the fans appear to be more 'realistic' about their chances of getting him:

Local Paper article here (its about 2/3rds of the way down)

Messageboard discussion here

Any manager who comes to us and does well is going to attract attention and speculation. It's part and parcel of being a wee team punching above your weight. For what it's worth though, Gannon seems to have character in abundance and a solid sense of loyalty and commitment so I don't see him going anywhere until he feels he has achieved what he set out to achieve.

That old chestnut! <_<

You may not like it but it's true. In terms of resources, facilities, attendance, finances and catchment area (for want of a better term) we are smaller than the likes of Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and United.

Given those factors and the fact that we sold most of our first team in the summer, I'd be delighted to be in the top 6 at the end of the season.

Granted. However in terms of relative quality of player and manager we are far better than the likes of Aberdeen, Hearts, and on par, or slightly better than Dundee United.

Therefore we are not punching above our weight. You can do well/make the most of the resources available to you, but it dosen't necessarily mean that we aren't justified in our league position.

Just because the other city clubs have access to better resources dosen't mean that they will use them effectively; there is no righteous position any club outside the old firm should be sustaining.

There's no way Gannon will leave for anything less than English Premieship, Championship, Rangers or Celtic - and I genuinely beleive that.

But he strikes me as the type of character that wants to see a job through to the end, and I predict he will be 'Well gaffer for 3, maybe 4, years before making his next STEP UP the magerial ladder that he unquestionably deserves.

There's no way Gannon will leave for anything less than English Premieship, Championship, Rangers or Celtic - and I genuinely beleive that.

But he strikes me as the type of character that wants to see a job through to the end, and I predict he will be 'Well gaffer for 3, maybe 4, years before making his next STEP UP the magerial ladder that he unquestionably deserves.

See when he wins the league with us ^_^ Is he going to stay and take us into the champions league, or move to the Liverpool/Chelsea job?? That would be a question......

I would like to see Gannon do a 'Gradi' at Motherwell and buck the trend of our managerial merry-go-round system. We've been hit and miss since hamster chops quit in our appointments, in fact wee Mclean was the exception in the last 30 years.

Brighton have told their local newspaper today that they feel they can get Gannon to change his mind.

No one was quite clear why Gannon turned down Brighton earlier this year but I can remember a Stockport fan saying that he had not been impressed by chairman Dick Knight and had been misled on the amount of money he would be offered.

Brighton now have a new, more wealthier chairman. I agree it would be fairly incredible event for Gannon to move there at this stage, albeit everyone has their price.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/4726375.Bl...arrows_it_down/

I'm speculating all this talk is pure speculation. I know money talks in football but JG seems to be very principled and above the trend of simply following the dollar. I've watched this thread over the last few weeks and seen nothing come of it so far.

Here's hoping we're all just gossipping.