When Was The Last Time............

Welldaft Mk1

Well we have never had a 0-0 against Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic in the same season until now. I know this because we have only drawn 0-0 with Rangers twice in our history. This season and last.

No idea when the last time we had consecutive shut-outs though.

Honestly? :thumbup:

After the 5-6 defeat to the Sheepymehs, we went to Tannadiche and then visited Shellic recording successive wins, 2-0 and 1-0. Sure that Saturday there was our first shut-out against Shellic for exactly 10 years!!!! I've searched away back to the early 30s and can't find such a run of games. Impressive stuff indeed.

After the 5-6 defeat to the Sheepymehs, we went to Tannadiche and then visited Shellic recording successive wins, 2-0 and 1-0. Sure that Saturday there was our first shut-out against Shellic for exactly 10 years!!!! I've searched away back to the early 30s and can't find such a run of games. Impressive stuff indeed.

Celtic 0 v Motherwell 1 (Simon Lappin).

Does that no count? :P

26 years ago today we beat the h**s 2-1 at ibrox, anyone on here there?

The game was watched by 13,000 loyal rangers fans, the premiership doesnt what its missing i tell ya

Winner scored by Junior Burns , still seen suffering with the rest of us in the East Stand these days :P

anybody know what our record for 0-0s is in a single season?

Nope but in the last 20 years the most we've had was in the 93/94 season with 7 league draws. Think we could break that unless we start scoring more goals or our defence becomes pish.

Nope but in the last 20 years the most we've had was in the 93/94 season with 7 league draws. Think we could break that unless we start scoring more goals or our defence becomes pish.

that was a 44 game season but i think we'll end up at least equalling it.

i can't see anyone in our squad getting into double figures in league goals.

The game was watched by 13,000 loyal rangers fans, the premiership doesnt what its missing i tell ya

We got a 'nalty that day too, scored by Andy Ritchie. Strange days!!

:huh: See this is why you don't trust statto sites. I could understand if the others game pre-war but FFS there was one in the 90's :cheers:

Oh man, I remember that one.

I skipped work (evening shift) by telling my boss I had to go and see my granny in hospital during visiting hours cos she was on her last legs. Of course she wasn't really, she was probably watching Coronation Street in her living room or something.

A young Stephen Craigan made one of his first performances and played a blinder that night.

Me and my brother were there. Have a foggy memory of singing " (John) Greig must stay" as the Gers fans were all trooping out the stadium :cheers:

Any of you that are older than me , what was the score with segregation at Ibrox then , did we have a set section or was it just an area where away fans generally headed for

I remember at the Ray Farningham game i was in the top tier of the Broomloan and although our fans were down in the bottom corner there was a good number around me in Motherwell colours.

Any of you that are older than me , what was the score with segregation at Ibrox then , did we have a set section or was it just an area where away fans generally headed for

I remember at the Ray Farningham game i was in the top tier of the Broomloan and although our fans were down in the bottom corner there was a good number around me in Motherwell colours.

we were in the corner of the main stand the farningham day,we were in the corner that we have now the burns day :lol:

ps i still have the game on video :P

Surely no the full game and just the Scotsport main feature that we had to wait until late on on the Sunday for !?

I might be getting mixed up with the two but canny mind the 'Well fans in the Main Stand on Farningham day , had always thought we were down below where i was, as i said i was up in the Broomloan top , awfy glad i nagged the Uncle that took me into not leaving early with his mates that day ! Huge cap doffed too to the Motherwell boys up there that game , colours proudly on display !

Surely no the full game and just the Scotsport main feature that we had to wait until late on on the Sunday for !?

I might be getting mixed up with the two but canny mind the 'Well fans in the Main Stand on Farningham day , had always thought we were down below where i was, as i said i was up in the Broomloan top , awfy glad i nagged the Uncle that took me into not leaving early with his mates that day ! Huge cap doffed too to the Motherwell boys up there that game , colours proudly on display !

Not many of us there on Farningham day but we were definitely hidden away up the back of the Main Stand (before they built that Club Deck thing on top). Most extreme case of robbery in a football game I have ever seen - brilliant!