Darren Smith

Bop

i heard a rumour that fitzy went to gannon to ask why he's out the picture and it didn't go to well. apparently lasley and mcgarry have kept the head down and worked hard as did craigan and hammell when they looked out of favour but fitzpatrick went looking for answers.

gannon saw him playing against rhyll on his first day up here and he was unbelievably bad. that probably made his mind up about him there and then.

Gannon said in an interview a few games ago that there were still a few players in the squad out injured, Fitzpatrick being one of them. Might not have been a proper quote though, if you know what I mean.

Official site...

Last paragraph..

"Obviously our longer term worries like Paul Slane, Shaun Hutchinson, Marc Fitzpatrick and Darren Smith are not ready yet "

Your rumour might be nothing more than a rumour steelboy.

Aw the best to Darren Smith and Marc Fitzpatrick (if he is injured), they might well thrive under gannon.

maybe it is just a rumour but i don't see fitzy featuring in gannon's plans, he's not comfortable enough on the ball.

marc archdeacon seemed to be moving about ok at the race night on saturday, he might be back in contention soon. i'd quite like to see page, archdeacon and darren smith get a run out in the first team this season. it's a strange situation to be in where we have a dozen or so young players from youth system who look like they could be capable of contributing to the first team.

Darren is off his crutches and walking about more, but it'll still be a while before he's back I think. He couldn't walk at all for a couple of weeks, but as I said he's on the mend.

Marc is injured and underwent a small op a few weeks ago - he's currently working his way back to fitness with JP.

Daz is in the same boat and is about six weeks from re-joining training!

I hope Gannon's found out what McGhee hadn't...Fitzy is a 1st Divison player

I know people probably wont agree with me but i actually think Marc Fitzpatrick is a good player that will develop into a very footballer given time. I know people will come on and say hes been with us for years but not every single player reaches their full potential so young. I just think he has something about him that is definitely worthwhile in a squad like ours.

I wish them Fitzy and Daireylea all the best but we should be looking to offload them both and McGarry too. Hopefully some wheeling and dealing in January.

I'd like see them at least given the chance under Gannon. He seems to be good at getting the best out of players and both Fitzpatrick and Smith do have something to offer the team when they are on their game. I expect them to be here after the January window as they will have only just returned to training, never mind match fitness. I'm sure Gannon will want a proper look at them.