Accies Game On 7th Nov

Special aka

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See Falkirk have gone against Shellic's wishes and insisted on a minutes silence. Quite right too.

Good on them. Remember when Celtic were at home a few years ago around this time of year? The minutes silence was replaced with applause. The PR guys at Parkhead then rebranded the said applause as the "Celtic Way".

Do celtic actually officially ask for there not to be a minutes silence?

peter lawell asked falkirk to have a minutes applause.

i actually think the celtic fans will stay silent simply because they know that rangers fans willing be sitting waiting for them to break it and will be gutted if they don't.

Good on them. Remember when Celtic were at home a few years ago around this time of year? The minutes silence was replaced with applause. The PR guys at Parkhead then rebranded the said applause as the "Celtic Way".

According to a celtic fans forum, most celtic fans will wait outside till the silence is over before entering the ground as a protest. Greatest fans in the world eh :woop:

That's a blatant aknowldgement that a portion of the Celtic support are disrespectful wankers with no understanding of what remembrance day actually commemorates. The "Celtic Way" is nothing more than a tactic to avoid the club being shown up by these numpties and I really wish someone at parkheed would admit that.

Moving away from whether or not Celtic fans are going to wait outside Falkirk's ground at the weekend.......

I think we'll win this one 1-0. It'll be tight, and the goal will more than likely take something special to break the deadlock. A JOB cross and a Sutton header is my prediction!

A minutes silence is to allow people to REMEMBER the sacrificies that others have made which benefit our country and society today.

A minutes applause does not do this, and is an insult to those who have died and their comrades who survived.

While on our way to a Rememberence Day parade through Glasgow one year we encountered a group of orange men dressed up in their clowns outfits to be greeted by a whole load of loyalist crap which they thought we would back up. Unfortunately most of my battalion were Celtic fans and a small shuffle took place.

All of these Celtic fans then stood in the pouring freezing rain for an hour to show their respects to fallen comrades.

My big problem with Celtic is that they are responding to a small number of bigots,terrorist sympathisers and Irish Nationals who despise everything that the British armed forces stand for. At least none of the Celtic directors have ever been defence secretary or had to send troops to war and see them return home in body bags or their opinion would surely be different ! :lol:

i remember our game at parkhead this time last year when celtic fans were handing out flyers asking folk to walk out the stadium during the "applause" in protest. SCUM

as for accies, i imagine they will adopt the in our faces approach that st mirren had which makes the first goal crucial. going for 2-0 well with forbes and the duke to score

To confirm, Accies and 'Well will hold a minute's silence to remember those that have fallen.

As it should be in my personal opinion...

'Flow

Agree. Applause for millions of war dead ? Totally inappropriate and cheap.

As for any Celtic fans who are stupid enough to equate everything the British armed forces have ever done as inherently evil, they would do well to remember the thousands of young Irishmen who fell in the Great War and all those who sacrificed their lives in the defeat of fascism. Falkirk are totally correct.