Accies Game On 7th Nov

Special aka

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't particularly care either way whether he talks to the BBC or the papers.

He appears to have had quite a good relationship with the press up until now. It would just be good know his opinions as soon as possible on what was a hard fought derby draw.

Strachan went down this same route of being ackward with the media. I hope Jim sorts out the problem with the press so we can look forward to his well thought out and intelligent comments once again.

I thought we looked comfortable at the back and they scored with their only two shots on target.

It was a stonewall penalty. All of Forbes pens have been savable this season and the Keeper (easily MOM) got to it easily. Thought Forbes was poor again today.

Putting someone on the posts at corners would have stopped the first goal and I thought Fraser might have got down to it. Thought he could have cut out the cross for the second too as it looked like it was headed in well inside the 6 yard box. Difficult to tell though.

Was definately a game there for the winning. We just didn't stretch the play enough when they went down to ten men which was frustrating because we had the players on the pitch do it.

Thought he could have cut out the cross for the second too as it looked like it was headed in well inside the 6 yard box.

That thought crossed my mind too but it there was a lot of pace behind the ball. Need to see it again but it's difficult to say if Ruddy would have done any better.

Gannon refuses to speak to the Press

Jim Gannon left New Douglas Park without speaking to the Press this afternoon after he had watched his side in a 2-2 draw with Hamilton. The manager had refused to speak to the BBC before the game after they had named players that would be "cleared out" in January despite the manager refusing to name any names.

He was furious on a number of occasions throughout the game with the ref Craig Thomson having to speak to him at one point to calm him down.

When the press were waiting for him all they were told was that Gannon and assistant Peter Ward had left the building.

It was left to Ross Forbes and Lukas Jutkiewicz to face the assembled journalists!

Disappointing to not win another game due to missing another penalty, but when I saw the starting 11 I fearded the absence of Hammell, Ruddy, Hutchinson and Yass would be a big ask to defend flawlessly. I guess it would be more worrying if we weren't creating any chances, but I still feel Lasley could play as well as any of the midfielders at the moment.

Anyone know what happened to Ruddy, Hutchinson and Yass? I didn't see it anywhere that they were doubts? Hopefullythey'll be ok for the sheepymehs as a win in that would give us all an emormous ammount of pleasure!

Gannon refuses to speak to the Press

Jim Gannon left New Douglas Park without speaking to the Press this afternoon after he had watched his side in a 2-2 draw with Hamilton. The manager had refused to speak to the BBC before the game after they had named players that would be "cleared out" in January despite the manager refusing to name any names.

He was furious on a number of occasions throughout the game with the ref Craig Thomson having to speak to him at one point to calm him down.

When the press were waiting for him all they were told was that Gannon and assistant Peter Ward had left the building.

It was left to Ross Forbes and Lukas Jutkiewicz to face the assembled journalists!

Who was named?

Anyone know what happened to Ruddy, Hutchinson and Yass? I didn't see it anywhere that they were doubts?

Ruddy injured his groin warming up for the Hearts game so he's resting it. If I remember correctly (and the bbc have their facts right) Yass has pulled his hamstring and Hutchinson took a knock on his already dodgy ankle last week.

who was the muppet at that corner that shouted "Mensing your shite" 10 secs later he flicked the ball in his head and turned round and laughed right at us...

That would be me :( Couldn't have felt like a bigger tube after he scored it. Shocking defending giving him a free header.

I've seen some folk mention they thought Saunders and fraser could've done better for the second. The main culprit for the second was Mark Reynolds who failed to track back on his main until it was too late to prevent him from putting in the cross.

Great strike from Murphy. Never thought he had it in him. I always thought he was more of a penalty box striker. If he can strike the ball as well as that then why doesn't he do it more often?

I still can't figure out whether its a point gained (was hardly our strongest team & given how late they scored the 2nd) or whether its 2 points gained (amount of chances plus 60 mins against 10 men) but the team showed great character in coming back both times.

Ruddy injured his groin warming up for the Hearts game so he's resting it. If I remember correctly (and the bbc have their facts right) Yass has pulled his hamstring and Hutchinson took a knock on his already dodgy ankle last week.

Seen it on here before I left for the game. BBC got it right for once.

Gannon refusing to speak to them isn't a major concern, I like to see journalists get all uppity cos someone doesn't acknowledge their existence in the same manner they view themselves.

Who was named?

the bbc article certainly speculated that Craigan and Lasley would be involved in the clearout.

however .. given that when asked for names, gannon said, "I think you just need to look at the team sheet." I'm not sure it was entirely unreasonable of the BBC to speculate - and from what i've seen of gannon he hasn't seemed like one to overreact.

that said .. I'm sure i remember some of the stockport fans on here reporting that he liked to have a bit of a barney with the press from time to time ... maybe he just fancied winding them up a bit :(

of course other sites / papers etc may have been bolder with their speculation .. i dunno

not a bad result by any means today ... and i think this break has come at just about the right time for us.

It sounded like it was coming from outside the ground.

I was in the queue outside when the minutes silence started. Really wish someone had let us all know because folk did quieten down about 30 seconds in once we realised what was going on.

just watching bbc alba ..

please tell me that wasn't a well fan whistling all through the minute's silence

Minute's silence was very well observed by both sets of supporters.

Poor performance today....felt we should have taken the 3 points today but our midfield came off 2nd best on 2 many occasions.

On a more positive note, 1 league defeat in the 1st third of the season is more than most of us could have hoped for at the start of the season.