Clear Out

Steve Diggle

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be a mix of both mate. Not too fussed about that either. I think loanees are fine and don't see them as anything other than our players in the time that they are here.

Gannon will take us forward in the right way and there'll be enough money coming in from the conveyor belt to take us forward by further establishing the young contracted players supplemented by loanees to keep us battling in the league.

Loanees keeps things fresh. The clear out at the end of last season was what we needed, I'd rather see 5 players go and 5 new players come in every season but thats not always gonna happen. I think Gannon will signal who he wants to leave with any signings/loans that come in.

By the way, sorry for calling Fraser a journeyman when he's only had 2 clubs in his career so far. But is it OK if I call him mediocre?

He could be shite for all we know, but I'd say his Motherwell career would come under "unproven". I remember someone on here writing off Jennings after two starts and two sub appearances, we can be a fickle bunch.

He could be shite for all we know, but I'd say his Motherwell career would come under "unproven". I remember someone on here writing off Jennings after two starts and two sub appearances, we can be a fickle bunch.
And let's not forget the people that had given Lukas zero chance of being a player.

Understatement of the century.

See David Clarkson for an example.

I'm surprised we haven't seen more of Jennings. Compared to Hately, he was an established regular with his previous club. He seems a bit of a trier too. Is it simply a case of young Tom keeping him out the side or is he not settling up here?

I take previous comments about Fraser being "unproven". But he just doesn't look a confident keeper to me.

I reckon Hately has just took his chance. Jennings looked well off the pace early on and despite some improved sub showings since Hately has performed pretty consistently and not given manager much cause to make a change there.

That said Forbes and Coke have been a bit more up and down so maybe Jennings not impressing Gannon as much as he'd hoped?