Great Support At Hamilton

well4eva

Folk can debate it until the moon turns claret and amber but the truth of the matter is that £22 to see an SPL game is too dear. And this goes for all SPL clubs not just ours.

At the Hearts home game a couple and their young son were waiting to get in at the East Stand and had to fork out £42 to get in (Adult @£18 + Adult and Child @ £24). And that's before adding their travel costs, programme, eats etc.

The same couple and child going to the cinema to see a top film would only be required to pay a total of £19.25 for entry.

Regardless of your football supporting persuasion, it's not rocket science to see where the better value for money is to be found.

Folk can debate it until the moon turns claret and amber but the truth of the matter is that £22 to see an SPL game is too dear. And this goes for all SPL clubs not just ours.

At the Hearts home game a couple and their young son were waiting to get in at the East Stand and had to fork out £42 to get in (Adult @£18 + Adult and Child @ £24). And that's before adding their travel costs, programme, eats etc.

The same couple and child going to the cinema to see a top film would only be required to pay a total of £19.25 for entry.

Regardless of your football supporting persuasion, it's not rocket science to see where the better value for money is to be found.

Nicely put, and most folk would agree. It would take all the SPL clubs working together to reduce prices across the board, but I can't see it happening any time soon.

well would it not be more honest to say "there are other things i'd rather spend my disposable income on rather than watching motherwell" rather than complaining about the cost.

steelboy you dont know this guy so dont make assumptions he has spent phenomonal amounts of money following motherwell but when you have rent council tax electricity etc to pay sometimes as much as we all love the well they have to take a back seat for a week or 2

i know all that and that if that post seemed a bit aggressive i'm sorry. but there were 1800 well fans there on saturday and i'd guess there was a broad range of financial circumstances represented. obviously you don't know everyones details but there are folk who will say their not going because of the cost then sit in the pub or the bookies and spend the same amount or more anyway.

obviously there are people who are counting every penny at the moment but there are also other people who don't want to admit they'd just rather do something else.

well would it not be more honest to say "there are other things i'd rather spend my disposable income on rather than watching motherwell" rather than complaining about the cost.

I was just agreeing that people might not be going to the games due to cost. I didn't say I didn't go due to cost. I have missed the last few away games due to work commitments.

I missed parkhead due to a personal boycot and not wanting to give that shower of shite money. I am the very same with Rangers, you probably do not agree with that and feel it is very bitter and you would be right I am bitter towards they fuckwit scum.

In the last 14 months I have spent a fortune following Motherwell to Bucharest, Llanelli, Nancy and even far out areas such as Inverurie :doh: . You just have to ask people who know me on this forum that with no work commitments the first thing I spend my money on is Motherwell Fc wherever they are playing (exc. Parkhead and Ibrox). In fact I will even miss my rent to go and follow motherwell which I done to go to Bucharest.

when you have rent council tax electricity etc to pay sometimes as much as we all love the well they have to take a back seat for a week or 2

Spot on, these are tough times for everyone. I'm sure a lot of peoples jobs are under threat at the moment with some being ask to take pay cuts. The recession has barely started and no matter how much the Well means to me, my family, mortgage and food are much more important. I've gone into debt before to watch the Well but I'm afraid during these difficult financial times going down that route would be daft. Just now Motherwell is a luxury for me and at the moment my priority is keeping a roof over myself and families head.

i know all that and that if that post seemed a bit aggressive i'm sorry. but there were 1800 well fans there on saturday and i'd guess there was a broad range of financial circumstances represented. obviously you don't know everyones details but there are folk who will say their not going because of the cost then sit in the pub or the bookies and spend the same amount or more anyway.

obviously there are people who are counting every penny at the moment but there are also other people who don't want to admit they'd just rather do something else.

ok fair point steelboy and the ones who would rather sit in the pub or as u say rather do something else shouldnt be posting on here as they arent well fans.

ok fair point steelboy and the ones who would rather sit in the pub or as u say rather do something else shouldnt be posting on here as they arent well fans.

Thats a ridiculous statement.

Don't get me wrong, I dont fall in to this category and I was at the game at Hamilton but Im sure these people are still 'Well fans. It's not a competition here. Some people just choose to support the team in different ways. The price of football is ridiculous and maybe a few years ago they could afford to go to the pub, the bookies and then on to the football. The price of beer may have went up a little but the amount of money they will spend in the bookies is the same. The thing that has significantly changed is the price of football and this is where the problem lies!

Firstly

when you have rent council tax electricity etc to pay sometimes as much as we all love the well they have to take a back seat for a week or 2

Secondly

:lol: Eh? Watch you don't get skelfs on yer arse sitting that high up on the fence!

For what it's worth, C'mon the redundant 'Well fans.

WTF! I have gone from getting paid over £300 per week to a basic £64 a week in jobseekers, have a mortgage to pay, utilities bills not to mention 16 month old baby to care for so I think the fact I pick and choose the games I go to doesn't make me unworthy of posting on here - especially with fucking Christmas coming up!

to clarify i'm not having a go at anyone. i just think the cost of away games is overhyped as a factor in whether most people go or not. i doubt it's a deal breaker for many people whether the price is £17 or £22.

anyway as i said at the start of the thread, i think do better in front of wee away supports so everyone who wants to sit in the boozer or give billy hill all their cash when the well are playing away please do :P

to clarify i'm not having a go at anyone. i just think the cost of away games is overhyped as a factor in whether most people go or not. i doubt it's a deal breaker for many people whether the price is £17 or £22.

anyway as i said at the start of the thread, i think do better in front of wee away supports so everyone who wants to sit in the boozer or give billy hill all their cash when the well are playing away please do :P

On you're first point about the difference between £17 and £22 you are probably right. However, some people may se that £17 is a fair price and the product is worth that. However at £22 they might think the price is a rip off and wont pay it. You can call me a penny pincher but if my closest shop is selling 8 cans of Lager for £6 and I can get them for a fiver half a mile down the road I will go walk that half mile to save a measly quid. It may not be for financial reasons but foe the principle of the matter.

I don't give billy hill all my money but I do give them half and the other half is spent on Motherwell :D . As I say though work commitments stop me from going to as many games as I'd like to go to.

kyle first mate :D

:lol: Grimmy, you know me too well. Only watch 'cause I'm convinced some of her chav family are bound to appear one day soon.

Forgot about that twat - OTF, who's the panel today on Loose Women?

:whistling: Eh? Yer goggles too steamed up when cracking one off that you missed them?

Anyroads, back to the original point. Good Support, even those on the nab.