Ger O` Brien

Alls well in Stirling

Just a tiny paragraph in the back of the paper today.

Derry City have been thrown out of the Irish league and it looks like a few of their players could be on their way.

Talk of Kevin Deery going to Accies, but more importantly for us, it says that Ger O` Brien could move too, with Motherwell keen.

Have to be honest and say that I have not heard of this guy before and know little about him.

Going by Gannon`s signings so far, I would say that there is a fair chance that he would be a good to decent signing for us.

Anyone else heard about this??

It is a shame what's happened to Derry City, the support they brought over to play Gretna at Fir Park in the UEFA Cup was immense.

However if we can pick up a decent player or two then great!

This Wiki stuff on Ger O'Brien ticks all the right boxes. I know it's Wiki, but if he's as good as this....

Ger_O'Brien

This Wikipedia bio reminds me of pre-signing Danny Murphy - one of the best full backs in the Eircom et al. However, that doesn't mean he's not a bad player. As Yir Elder reminds us, it's not that long since Derry came over to Fir Park and put on a good show against Gretna.

How long before a Scottish club goes the same way as Derry? Sorry .... aren't Hearts in an even worse financial state? Get them kicked out now. :lol::lol::lol:

Derry have a good youth academy i'd bet, after bringing up the likes of Pat Mccourt ...

They actually got Pat McCourt from the English lower leagues. He was at Rochdale and was being linked with moves to Everton and Man City at the time. Rumour was however that he had some "refuelling problems". Backed up by another rumour I heard that when he first arrived at Celtic Park for pre-season training, Boruc was running past him...

They actually got Pat McCourt from the English lower leagues. He was at Rochdale and was being linked with moves to Everton and Man City at the time. Rumour was however that he had some "refuelling problems". Backed up by another rumour I heard that when he first arrived at Celtic Park for pre-season training, Boruc was running past him...

And Trials at Motherwell, who turned round and rejected him. :lol:

We had him twice, once under Butcher then again under Malpas and both times told him where to go for being an alky, allegedly.

Cheers for the info. Glad the guy sorted himself out. Just a pity it wasn't when we had him, tho I suspect he's with his boyhood heros now. Still, 3-4 years ago, he could have got regular 1st team games at Fir Park.

Cheers for the info. Glad the guy sorted himself out. Just a pity it wasn't when we had him, tho I suspect he's with his boyhood heros now. Still, 3-4 years ago, he could have got regular 1st team games at Fir Park.

From what I hear he hasn't sorted himself out. Still physically incapable of playing a full game.