Aberdeen

milo

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Message to Gannon. When we are 1-0 up and playing well and everyone in the team is doing pretty well - JUST FUCKING LEAVE IT!

What was that substitution all about? Forbes wasn't a stand out but he was doing OK and we were on top in the match and looking the better of the two. Forbes didn't look injured so it must have been tactical. Well we never looked like winning the game from the 46th minute on, in fact the Aberdeen goal had been coming and they can think themselves unlucky not to have won.

On the up side it was good entertainment. Lights on, greasy surface, high pace....who needs summer football - this is the real thing.

RUDDY -8- Keep the Dons out three or four times with great saves.

MOUTAOUAKIL -5- One to forget. Mulgrew murdered him and his crosses rarely went past the first man.

SAUNDERS -6- Decent display but showed his inexperience at times.

REYNOLDS -7- Good run in the second half

HAMMELL -6- Didn't get forward much today

MURPHY -7- Brilliant first half but the team faded in the 2nd half and he had less opportunities to shine.

COKE -6- Passable display

HATELEY -6- Did OK in his usual role

FORBES -6- Taken off at 45 minutes, why?

JUTKIEWICZ -7- Took his goal well even if the keeper shouldn't lose one from that angle

SUTTON -7- Worked really hard and linked up with Jutkiewicz well, needs to find his shooting boots though.

O'BRIEN -2- Never really got into the match

JENNINGS -3- Aggressive

McHUGH -1- Inexperienced

I've disagreed in the past with YaBezzer, but that pretty much sums it up.

Unless Forbes was injured, taking him off and replacing him with JoB (who was poor) and not changing the shape was a terrible decision and was lucky not to cost us the game.

The second half was one of the worst performances from us this season, Yassin was getting an absolute roasting from Mulgrew for the entire second half. Very lucky to come out of that with a point against an Aberdeen side which is as poor as I've seen.

Also a quick mention to the away support, one of the worst Aberdeen supports I've ever seen.

Just back. Aberdeen didn't show up in the first half and we didn't show up in the second. Draw was pretty fair but if someone WAS going to win it I don't think it would have been us.

Good to see Lukas continue his scoring although it is now Sutton that is looking out of place. I thought he had a poor game today. Murphy had some good moments right enought. I thought the exclusion of O'Brien was going to come back and bite JG on the arse. Oddly enough the team probably shouldn't have been changed at half time and J'OB shouldn't have come on till later in the match.

As for previous comments about Aberdeen having one of their poorest sides in years.....I just don't see that. It is early days but rather annoyingly Mutley has got them on the right track.

More importantly though JG has us on the right track too.

Finally, "ARE YOU WATCHING MARK MCGHEE" was one goal too early for me. It almost tempted fate.

2 points thrown away today. We should have had the match won after about 20 minutes.

Too many slack passes in midfield and one or two players off their game. Also, why take Forbes off at half time? He was playing pretty well and added to that the fact that O'Brien was posted missing for about 30 minutes of the second half it was a poor substitution.

Thought Ruddy had a few great saves and he desrved his MOTM today. Also good performances from Reynolds and Saunders but overall it was a poor performance

. I thought the exclusion of O'Brien was going to come back and bite JG on the arse.

Same here, wondered what we were going to do without his goals and creativity in the oppositions box ....

While it wasnt his fault that we were on top in the first half and lucky to escape with a point in the second the first half did show us that the folk on here saying that we'll sorely miss him when Brazil or Real Madrid come in for him in January are absolutely loopy

Dont agree with the posts saying he was missing for half an hour mind you , he was his usual busy but ineffective self when he came on IMO

Absolutely no need to make the O'Brien for Forbes change at half time. After that su and change of formation we totally lost our way. O'Brien contributed fuck all when he came on.

When McHugh was brought on Sutton should have been the striker, if any, taken off. Lukas was looking the far more dangerous of the 2.

Even when they were down to 10 we still played with no ugency at all. I'm all for playing possession football but to continue playing at walking pace for the majority of the 2nd half will get you nowhere.

Sounds like we shoulda lost this. :(

Personally thought we should have won this fairly comfortably. Rocky patch after half time but should have had the game buried in the first half and some great chances missed in the second half. Reading some of the coments I think I was at a different game ! It was Motherwell v Aberdeen wasn't it ?

2 points thrown away today.

Can't agree with that, more like a point gained.

Aberdeen were the better team today and should have won and indeed would have done if it hadn't have been for a superb display from Ruddy. The first half was even but they had the more clear cut chances whilst we scored with a half chance that their keeper should have saved and only really looked like scoring again in the entire game when we had the one cleared off the line.

The second half belonged to Aberdeen, no two ways about it. You could see it right from the off that we were trying to hang on for the 1-0 win whilst hitting them on the break and our midfield was as deep as our own 18 yard line, thus allowing them to force us onto the back foot, get into good positions and force several corners and eventually this paid off for them. They should have won it, especially at the end with the cross-come-shot across our goal that everyone missed.

I agree with what's been said about the O'Brien for Forbes substitution at half time, it just didn't make any sense and it certainly didn't work for us.

Another major concern for me is our inability to deliver decent balls into the box. Yassin in particular being one of the main culprits, as on a few occasions he gets into a decent position only to fail to deliver a decent final ball. Also, our corners are nothing short of deploreable and nine times out of ten fail to even get past the first man.

I know this probably won't go down well but we were lucky today against a better side and I'm actually quite relieved and please to have got a point from that today.

I have to say I don't think we were that bad 2nd half. Yes we started badly first ten minutes but after that we were back on the front foot and had the chances to finish the game off and looked the more likely to score. In particular when Jutkiewicz played in Sutton, although I reckon he played it in to soon and maybe even a smidge behind Sutton who still took a bit of a poor touch.

It was a really poor goal to lose and despite a couple of hairy moments after that it was a typical Motherwell performance against ten men. Plenty of the ball but can't break teams down.

I didn't see the point of the change though and also agree that Moutaouakil was murder.

Message to Gannon. When we are 1-0 up and playing well and everyone in the team is doing pretty well - JUST FUCKING LEAVE IT!

What was that substitution all about?

Couldn't agree more.

That really pissed me off and it let Aberdeen back in the game when we were cruising at 1-0.