Keith Lasley

DEWELL

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of folk down on the South Coast would be delighted to see Smith return home after conceding 20 goals in 5.5 games.

The number of goals conceded does not even begin to tell the story, but he needs to start doing something quickly or he will soon be a forgotten man!

I take it he's not setting the heather on fire down there then?

Jennings was running about like a headless chicken on Saturday. It was Maros Klimpl all over again.

As for Forbes, he's 18 and his professional career amounts to half a season in the Scottish Third division, give the guy a break. Even when he's not on top form he's still scored game winning goals (Hearts, Inverness) and it's obvious when he gets it wrong its because he tries things other players wouldn't even attempt. That should be encouraged rather than booed out of him because the odd pass goes astray. Would you rather have a player that does neat and tidy but doesn't actually do anything positive or creative or someone who will fail occasionally but who has match winning ability?

As for Coke a spell on the sidelines might do him good. I've said before an on form Lasley is every bit as good as anything Coke has shown so far and if Lasley fails to take his chance, then there is competition for that area of the park.

You are allowed to win by passing the ball about.

Will to win doesn't have to mean running around like a headless chicken and yelling at everybody for 90 minutes. Staying in control of your emotions can lead to better decision making and better results.

Yes, I'm very well aware of that. But I do think there is a time and a place for route one football, i.e chasing a winner in the last ten minutes!

It was Keith giving the ball away that led to the second goal .

he gave the ball away but we shouldn't be 2-1 up against ten men and only been a slack pass away from getting cut open on the break.

i thought keith did well when he came on. he was very close to being onside when he passed to lukas for a tap in and he almost scored, same as when he came on against rangers and hearts.

Lets judge a guy on half an hours play, aye thats sensible

Agreed. A bit harsh to tell the guy to pack his bags bags after 30 minutes of game time, his first in weeks. I dont know if people are forgetting theres no reserve league this season or not, but these guys that aren't starting every week are getting very little game time so they probably wont be up to the standard of starting XI. They have to take what they get game wise and have to make the most of it, which I beleive Las did yesterday.

Get off the guys case

Agreed. A bit harsh to tell the guy to pack his bags bags after 30 minutes of game time, his first in weeks. I dont know if people are forgetting theres no reserve league this season or not, but these guys that aren't starting every week are getting very little game time so they probably wont be up to the standard of starting XI. They have to take what they get game wise and have to make the most of it, which I beleive Las did yesterday.

Get off the guys case

I agree with that.I forgot that theirs no reserve league actually.Why did they scrap it anyway?

It wasn't Lasley that lost the ball for the goal it was O'Brien (the same O'Brien who was quite rightly booked for an absolutely ridiculous dive)

Although Lasley did give the ball away shortly before that which almost cost a goal.

I cant believe folk are going to judge him on 30 minutes of football. I actually thought he did well when he came on. Didnt lose the ball, apart from the the instance mentioned above and was wrongly flagged for offside. When he came on he made 2 or 3 runs beyond the strikers that neither Coke or Forbes managed in the game.

I would start him (or Jennings if fit) next week and maybe rest Forbes as he's been looking a bit jaded in the last few games.

I think the errors from Lasley came through a lack of sharpness. Don't think Lasley's performance yesterday will determine where he is in the pecking order as a standalone. That was one of the most productive attacking displays I have seen him produce but one of his poorest defensive displays.

Why does it always have to be someone's fault? Blame culture reeks right through here. We fucked up and allowed them to break, no one player causes that, it's a culmination of errors. Las overhit a pass, JOB failed to control it, Yass was caught up the park cos we were on the attack, Saunders was caught in two minds etc etc. Shit happens, deal with it.