Keith Lasley

DEWELL

Ach shit happens, deal with it. Excellent, thanks for clearing that up.

May as well shut down the whole website if it's a case of "shit happens, deal with it" when something goes wrong.

I also don't understand why you say nobody should be blamed, and then go on to blame 4 different players...?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also don't understand why you say nobody should be blamed, and then go on to blame 4 different players...

I think the reasoning behind fatcalf's post is perhaps best summed up with "win as a team, lose as a team". A concept lost on some as yet another witch hunt kicks off. It's no just on here, it permeates through the whole of society these days. There always has to be a fall guy. For me the modern day media play a big part in the development of that mentality.

Yeah I was quite pleased with his display when he came on...surprised to read some people didnt rate his performance!

I actually said at the time I was glad to see he was in the managers thoughts when he wanted something changed, and I genuinely thought he offered something we'd lacked. I think he could have a role to play in a Gannon side, as the one thing I think we often dont seem to have is someone that will hassle a midfield and then move the ball on without trying anything spectacular or glamorous. And without taking 20 minutes to do it before getting caught in posession (a-la Forbes/Coke).

Las did that countless times I thought, picked up a ball thats been rattling back and forth between both midfields, and then simply moving it to someone in space to retain posession. Not neccesarily gonna be noticed, but an important part of the game none-the less.

I appreciate the people who are saying he made a fairly basic error which led to a chance, but any number of mistakes from anyone could lead to a chance, and we're not gonna get through 90 mins without making our fair share. I think the more damaging mistakes from our midfielders which need addressed, are our two options from free kicks (scudded off the wall, or over everyones head), and our two options from corners (rattled off the head of the first defender, or our for a throw-in on the opposite side). They are more dangerous mistakes for midfielders to be making.

After seeing the highlights it looked like Keith really added to the game when he came on. Got in some great positions and made some good passes. We should have been 3-1 up cause he 100% wasnt offside when the linesman put his flag up!