Community Club

Brazilian

anyone else get the feeling the management at Fir Park are starting to make good in roads with the club being more focussed to the needs/wants of the fanbase and the community.

I remember reading on here that it was one of Leeanne Dempsters goals to position the club at the heart of the community.

I'm pleased with how things are going but can't help feel we don't get to hear about most of it,

Club Legends have been placed in key roles in the club

the halfseason ticket payments deal will hopefully pay off and get some more fans back in regularly

Scots troops & families have been given tickets by the club

Community initiaitives around coaching and the like, breakfast clubs, Logintolearn matches

I'm sure lots more happens and more is in the pipeline,

maybe the silence is a measure of success in itself

sure there are many things which could still be sorted/improved and hopefully the club will listen when things arise and to the ongoing niggles, but things sure seem to be heading the right way

Spot on post Brazillian

I was talking to Leeann on Saturday and she was highlighting how much the club had done for the community. She was a wee bit concerned that they hadn't had much feedback for this good work and I did say that the silence was a compliment in itself. There isney much to moan about just now... apart fae Yassin!

Really good to see your post Brazilian - the manta at Motherwell now is to be the soul of the community in North Lanarkshire and that is something Leeann (and as a result, everyone at FP) is big on!

There is a lot that goes on that doesn't always get publicised because there could be an accusation that you only do things like that for good PR. The old adage, I suppose, about actions speaking louder than words is true in this case and hopefully with your post, fans are starting to pick up on that.

It's not a lie to say Motherwell FC perhaps lost that 'Family' spirit in recent years but that doesn't mean it can't get it back whilst still operating as a secure, modern business!

Onwards and Upwards!

Be nice if we could extend some of this new found "community spirit" in the direction of Angie, the coaches and the girls of the various MFC Girl's squads and recognise their achievements over the past season.

I appreciate that in the greater picture it may not mean much to the wider 'fan-base', but it certainly would mean the world to the players and coaches.

C'mon Flow at least comment on the position - as discussed in the MFC girls thread.