Dallas Won't Do It So We Will

East_Stand_Al

In his post match comments on the official site the gaffer suggested a forum whereby the referees performance could be reported on.

"If Hugh Dallas would like to put in a structure where we can review the video and give an honest view then I would give the referee a mark out of ten. The referee made major errors today and you will then struggle to get a fair result."

Lets start with Alan Muir and his Assistant Referees (biggest misnomer ever) who were horrendous.

Thier #7 Myrie-Williams was diving all over the place and no action taken, Jim OBrien got his legs whipped from under him went down and got booked for diving.

Danny Swanson should never have got a yellow never mind a red card for his tackle.

The eejit running the line on the East Stand side looked as if he was asleep half the time and only discovered his flag in the 2nd half.

The worst referring display I've seen in a long time .

My mark 4/10 ..........your thoughts please.

The difference between a good referee and a bad one is that a good one can read the game and be in the right place to make the decision. Apart from the blatant errors regarding Myrie-Williams, O'Brien and in my view Swanson though there was some disagreement on that one round about me he also made some chronic decisions about advantage. He played it when there was barely one and also decided not to play it when someone had a runner. And as well as that was overly influenced by the East Stand with Bauben's first yellow

So all in, inability to read a tackle, inability to read the game, over keen to bring out his cards and influenced by the crowd.

Hard to be nice - 2/10.

Swanson did go flying in but it wasn't malicious just a hearty attempt at getting the ball, the boy isnt that sort of player. Although his reaction suggested otherwise.

Ref and his assistant at our side were as incompotent as it comes. Shite comes to mind :doh:

Myrie-Williams was diving all over the place

His first one in midfield looked like he went down easy.

The second one one looked like a stonewall pen, the ref bottled it as he was going to have to make a decision one way or the other. The second red was a yellow at best, Lasley got straight up from the tackle.

Referee was poor today, but that shouldn't mask the truth!!!!!!!

what about the goal that was ruled offside? dont knnow if the bbc highlights will show this but it looked like las timed his run to perfection to me; might be wrong

even if he wasn't offside (i suspect he was) - he still squared it to a player in an offside position instead of shooting.

even if he wasn't offside (i suspect he was) - he still squared it to a player in an offside position instead of shooting.

he did - meaning the ball didn't go forwards hence he wasn't offside. And having been positioned more or less in line with the decision I'm fairly confident Lasley was onside.

Another gripe about the officials performance was - 5 substitutions, both managers spoken to by the referee, two sendings off, 1 goal, 1 injury with the physio on = only 3 minutes injury time. Not that we had them totally under the cosh or anything but it must have been a boost to the 9 men to see the board going up with that.

The second one one looked like a stonewall pen, the ref bottled it as he was going to have to make a decision one way or the other.

Utter nonsense, I was right on the corner of the Cooper today and as soon as he realised he was never going to catch the ball he went down as quickly as he could.

Interesting response from the SFA. It just begs the question who is telling the truth?

I have written to Hugh Dallas on two separate occasions regarding the standard of refereeing and had no reply," said Gannon

The SFA have since replied:

an SFA spokesman said Dallas had received and replied to a previous grievance from Gannon.

"Hugh Dallas accepts there was correspondence from Motherwell FC and the manager, and can confirm the letter was responded to within two days of it being received," said the spokesman.

i was bout 7-8 feet away from swansons tackle and i thought it was a definite sending off!!

he was no where near the ball and caught keefs ankles!

Myrie-williams should have been sent off!

Bauben mmm could have went either way but the ref went by the rules dissent then a deliberate trip

so i thought he got 2/3 right but he was fookin gash overall

bbc highlights show that our "third goal" was well onside. i fuckin knew it :P that would've been 3-1 and put to bed all this pish about not bein able to finish teams off :(

absolutely

no shadow of doubt about it ... that WAS our "put them to the sword" moment and we were wrongly robbed of it.

strangely the rest of the bad decisions made during the game didn't have a huge bearing on the outcome.

the offside decision was by far the most important of the lot and we missed out on the win because of it.

sure we should have put away other chances and should have defended better for their second - but if we're going to complain about the officials - this was the clincher.

Interesting response from the SFA. It just begs the question who is telling the truth?

QUOTE I have written to Hugh Dallas on two separate occasions regarding the standard of refereeing and had no reply," said Gannon

The SFA have since replied:

QUOTE an SFA spokesman said Dallas had received and replied to a previous grievance from Gannon.

"Hugh Dallas accepts there was correspondence from Motherwell FC and the manager, and can confirm the letter was responded to within two days of it being received," said the spokesman.

The reply might have just been to say, "Thanks, we got your letter".

This ref has been woeful in a number of well games. Mind the St Mirren game (the last one at LOVE st) he bottled a late stone wall pen for us.

I thought Swanson should have walked as the challenge happened in front of where i was sitting and although Las rode the challenge he was intent on taking him out.

He did however miss key moments and was overly fussy. Ruined a game which i was enjoying. Dallas should get the finger out now.

His first one in midfield looked like he went down easy.

The second one one looked like a stonewall pen, the ref bottled it as he was going to have to make a decision one way or the other. The second red was a yellow at best, Lasley got straight up from the tackle.

Referee was poor today, but that shouldn't mask the truth!!!!!!!

Thats the biggest thing that annoys me on here. Folk who don't understand the game.

I fucking detest when someone is unfortunate enough to break a leg or whatever but that alone doesn't warrant a red card.

From my view in the east stand, It looked like an absolutely shocking tackle well worthy of a red card. It looked like there was intent to hurt. After seeing the highlights, anyone saying it was a good challenge is completely blind. Two footed, in the air and no where near the ball, straight red. The fact that Lasley got 'straight up from it' has no bearing on the tackle itself.

As much as there was contact made on O'Brien he did simulate a dive. Thats what he was booked for. The 'stonewall penalty' wasn't a penalty at all. The biggest pain for me is the goal we scored that was chopped off. Lasley was a good few yards on side and Juke wasn't involved in play at that point. PISH.

Keith didn't get 'straight up', watch the highights again. Straight red without question. Buaben deserved his, Williams deserved red on 3 occasions after he'd been booked, our 'nalty wasn't clear, the offside decision was the worst of them all though. Clearly onside at all times in the move, there's no even an argument to defend him and his linesman.