Dallas Won't Do It So We Will

East_Stand_Al

I agree about Swansons tackle. I can't believe how people think it was such an injustice. I have seen more malicious and nasty looking challenges but he basically careers in very late and takes Lasley right out. He isn't long on the park and maybe it just error of judgement but I don't think he has much cause for complaint. Although if he'd only been booked I wouldn't have been screaming for a red I don't think, might have done not always so impartial at the time.

Buaben I think was a bit hard done by, both his fouls were arguably bookings but put together made for a pretty soft red card.

Williams could have went a few times over.

The offside was utterly horrendous, reflex action from the linesman I reckon at seeing Jutkiewicz loitering in an offside position and to frightened to put his flag right back down when it should have been immediately obvious the pass was to Lasley who was about 5 yards onside. It a stupid rule this phases of player shite but it not that new anymore no excuse for that level of piss poor judgement. Getting offsides consistently right I do not envy them but sometimes like that one it just a comlete no brainer.

I don't think it was a pen, Sutton seemed to be awfully slow getting his shot off, dunno if he thought he could entice a hasty challenge for a pen but boy seemed to hook foot round to get the ball. We scored right after anyway so hardly matters.

Keith didn't get 'straight up', watch the highights again. Straight red without question. Buaben deserved his, Williams deserved red on 3 occasions after he'd been booked, our 'nalty wasn't clear, the offside decision was the worst of them all though. Clearly onside at all times in the move, there's no even an argument to defend him and his linesman.

Was at the front of the main stand when Swanson tackled Las. It was a right nasty tackle, and I honestly thought Las would b injured. He didn't get straight away. Swanson did deserve the red card. But overall I would go as far as to give Alan Muir 1 out of 10 or even a big fat zero as he was terrible. The refs really can't get away with hiding behind the managers' vow of silence made last season, and as Gannon wasn't here then he has every right to speak out anyway.

Anyone who was at the game care to grade Mr Brines' Performance ?

A few errors, the yellow card for Murphy, the HAmmell yellow card and the handball were all mistakes so marked down a wee bit but on the whole nothing game changing in my view and at least had a sensible understanding of how the game was flowing so I'd give him 7/10.

The hammel yellow was a terrible decision though. the linesman was an arse for not sorting that out. first goal was offside, plain as day. linesman was nowhere near up to speed with play for it

Aye, it wasn't even a foul. Absolutely ridiculous. The linesman, as usual, wasn't really watching because it wasn't an exciting moment in an old firm game, where he could get on the telly, or be a big important man.

Brines was poor as usual.

Booking Murphy was a joke as well. I thought it was a penalty, even if Murphy went down easily.

But at the end of the day, it wouldn't have mattered who the ref was. We were well beaten.

Note everyone using the term linesman. That's because that's what they are, until they start assisting the referee they'll fucking stay linesmen in the eyes of supporters. Useless one eyed c***s that they are.

General point but I think the SFA should team up assistants and referees so that they become familiar with each other. In England they stay together all the time and there seems to be more understanding. Also I wonder if there are some refs who are more encouraging to their assistants to get involved. I have noted two or three times this season that Mike Tumilty has been praised for taking the advice of his assistants. Also McManus got sent off at Parkhead on the say so of a linesman. So definite exceptions but I think your point is very valid.

• 4 weeks later...

Crawford Allan when you watch this game I hope you feel ashamed of yourself.

That was quite possibly the most incompetent and inept display of refereeing I've ever seen, wee man syndrome in its most extreme form.

Had they scored from that free kick debacle there would have been a riot in the away end.

Blatant hand ball right under your nose and you miss it, your assistant standing less than six feet from an incident keeps his flag down yet you unsighted through a ruck of players blow for a foul, the list could go on and on and on.

You Sir are a fud of the highest order, for sure a contender for crap ref of the decade.

Additional question for the 'Ref'. How many late , late challenges can the Hearts players get away with and Jennings gets booked for one foul . Jennings had to get subbed after being well scudded !!

There were some shocking challenges flying in last night, many of which didn't even result in a foul. Stevie Hammell's (I think it was anyway) lucky he can walk after that one that took his boot off, could have been a bad one.

PS: Great sig by the way! "We're going streaking, through the quad and into the gymnasium"

Its hard to talk our game for many reasons. But the quality of our refereeing is certainly one of them.

His positioning, decision making and use of his assistants was shocking. The three qualities, along with fitness, you need from a referee. His assistants looked frightened at times to make a decision on there own, and would wait for Allan to signal which direction a throw would be given before they would flag. The free kick debacle summed up his night.

But i suppose we'll just glance over it and get on with it. Mr Dallas needs to come up with some ideas very quickly!

So JG spoke out and was crucified, Levein has been hushed

auld Wattie surely questioned the integrity after Millers red card

and Mcghee was good after another Aberdeen red card

I don't have to say the stand side linesman is a bad linesman, I'm not going to make any comment on that, but I don't have to like the guy - and I don't like the guy. "His attitude stinks, and I think that's enough said.

"He got busy, and we saw what happened. Webster initiated it, and he only got a yellow card. For me, it's wrong.

"We do our best, week in, week out, not only to the media, but to support the officials ion a general sense.

"I'm constantly telling my players to leave the referee and officials alone, and all we want in return is a fair crack at it, and I don't think we're getting it."

Pressure has to be mounting on Dallas surely??

Not seen the United v Aberdeen incident yet so hard to comment. However managers talking out their hole will not change whoever the head of refs is. However Dallas is going to have a lot to worry about this week.

He has this United v Aberdeen incident and McGhee questioning the use of assistants.

He has Smith v Collum (which to me was a clear red card anyway, and whatever Collum told the players on the pitch is superceded by what he saw on the replay). So go Willie C. And what Smith said about him is out of order.

He also has the Falkirk game being called off when one ref passed it before the match ref called it off and then the players went out and played a bounce game on the pitch.

Its not a job I envy!

However he must be praying to God, Allah, Buddha and anyone else that listens that Steve Conroy has a good game today. And I daresay his second prayer would be that Charlie Richmond does in Edinburgh too.

One of the sad realities now Gannon's gone is this story will now simply dissappear. But having formally registered concerns and queries to the Referees Committee, what was the eventual response?

I personally regard referees as human and mistakes form part of the game that is football. However, having watched Scottish football for 40 years, I have to confess this season I can't put some of the refereeing down to just mistakes. Some performances recently have shown either an inability to read the game, or weak communication skills with players and coaches.

Gannon got pelters for speaking up - and the media played on this, making him a loudmouth. But has Dallas and Smith ever come out and informed the media of plans to develop refereeing in Scotland, what measures are in place for offering feedback, and how referees' performances will be measured? Why does the SFA not adopt the procedures of the English FA? That is all Gannon asked.

I hope this story doesn't go away.

Jim Gannon stated what many on the terraces, sorry seats, in football grounds around Scotland have said for years. Refereeing standards in our top league are probably as bad as they've ever been.

However, it cannot all be laid at Hugh Dallas's door. There are a number who have gone before him who allowed the refereeing situation to degenerate to its current level. He just happens to be the poor guy that's inherited the mess. He was one of the very best whistlers I've seen and I've have no doubt that behind closed doors he is fuming at what he sees. However, he can hardly come out and start sacking refereees right, left and centre - he will need to work away quietly in order to try and get standards back up again. The man has a thankless task.

For, younger posters, if you think the refs you are seeing now are bad then you should have seen the chancers we used to have before the advent of cameras covering every game!! J P R Gordon anyone? :rolleyes: Aye it still hurts!

However he must be praying to God, Allah, Buddha and anyone else that listens that Steve Conroy has a good game today. And I daresay his second prayer would be that Charlie Richmond does in Edinburgh too.

Obviously didn't pray hard enough on the Conroy front - missed a clear red and a good goal, both in the same direction. Richmond had a good game - again!