(mst) Trust Halves The Cost Of Membership

MST

Motherwell FC Supporters Trust has today announced that they will halve the cost of annual membership for 2009/10, from £10 to £5, with immediate effect.

Commenting on the move, Trust Chairman Joe Smith said; "After positive discussions with the Club on a range of issues, we have reached agreement whereby for every supporter who pays £5 to join the Trust this year, Motherwell FC will match their contribution, helping to fund the Trust’s key projects in the coming year.

"Along with my fellow Trust board members, we want to show Motherwell fans that MST is changing, and the new board are keen to reinvigorate our membership and attract Motherwell fans who previously may not have considered joining us. The more members we gain, the more credibility the Trust will have with the Club."

The news comes hot on the heels of the Trust’s £7,000 donation to the Club to upgrade the disabled facilities at Fir Park. The Trust also made significant donations to youth development in recent months.

In addition to reduced membership fees, MST are pleased to report, after feedback from their membership that all events run by the organisation will contain differential pricing for members and non-members. Fans who choose to join the Trust and attend even one or two events, will find that the cost of their membership is more than covered for the year from these savings. Current Trust members will also benefit from the changes and they will be contacted over the coming weeks to arrange their refund

The new-look Trust board are working over the festive period on an exciting events calendar for 2010, which will see the return of the popular Trust Five-a-sides, a Fan’s Forum night, quiz, race night, battle of the bands and a poker evening, amongst others.

Anyone interested in finding out more can log on to the MST website at www.mstonline.net, where there is now a facility to take membership fees online. Simply click on the ‘become a member’ banner and follow the instructions. New members can also sign up at all official Trust events, the first of which is planned for December 2009. More news of that event will follow shortly.

I've been Motherwell daft since the mid 60's and I'm in favour of all things which supports and attempts to ensure the long-term stability of my beloved team. However, my gut feeling is that I remain unconvinced about rejoining the Trust.

I left because of Martin Rose's appointment to the Board of MFC, as an individual and not as a Rep of the Trust. I believed this to be a conflict of interests and will not rejoin until this issue is, (in my eyes), resolved.

He does, as a regular board member. I actually feel that the board of the Trust containing someone who sits in on Motherwell board meetings, and someone else who is on the inside of the everyday workings of the club can only benefit us. I can understand why people would be uneasy with either of them running the show (I have criticised it before) but this new set-up seems to suit us perfectly, and I'm quite excited about it.

Each to their own, though. We'll convince you yet. :P

The news comes hot on the heels of the Trust's £7,000 donation to the Club to upgrade the disabled facilities at Fir Park. The Trust also made significant donations to youth development in recent months.

Jeezo, that's tremendous to hear! I had no idea that had happened. Well done to all involved.

I had a message saying my MST subscription had been cancelled. I didn't cancel it, I'm assuming that it's been a year since I joined and I need to renew the membership. I'm asking because in the time I joined I only had one email from the Trust and I'm not sure exactly when my membership expired.