What If?

jonnymfc

Some of the topics on here are same old same old. So.... thought i'd try and generate a discussion instead of us all arguing and slagging each other off all the time.

So If David Moyes says, we'll give you Ruddy for Forbes. What would your opinions be on the subject?

Personally i'd take Ruddy. Good safe pair of hands, and recently Forbes form has been poor and hes tired.

Some of the topics on here are same old same old. So.... thought i'd try and generate a discussion instead of us all arguing and slagging each other off all the time.

So If David Moyes says, we'll give you Ruddy for Forbes. What would your opinions be on the subject?

Personally i'd take Ruddy. Good safe pair of hands, and recently Forbes form has been poor and hes tired.

Personally I'd've put it in the Ins and Outs or January Transfer window thread.

However if what you say is accurate why would a highly respected EPL manager sanction such a ludicrous swap. or are you just hoping any scout he's sent up is blind to Ruddy's ascendency or Forbes slight blip?

How much will Forbes get in a few years? Dont know. We are a selling club? YES

The only real money we have made was McFadden.

We keep players till the end of their contracts and lose them for nothing i.e. McCormack or they go on the cheap Clarkson, Quinn, Porter

Everton arent a big spending team and have a small squad with many Youth players breaking into the team year after year. They will have an eye on Motherwell and may be looking at some of our players. Mind they bought Faddy.

This topic was to generate discussion and already being negative towards it.

I can't believe folk are saying Forbes is shite????? :P;) In our last 3 games when he has been subbed, our midfield and its shape has went to fuck. Added to the fact that he very rarely gives the ball away and can score a lot of goals from midfield, he is fast becoming a necessity to our team. Is he now shite because he hasn't scored a 25 yarder for a while? I sometimes wonder what football, if any, some of our fans have ever watched. Fair enough the lad can tire a bit later in the match, but its very easy for a professional athlete to work at his stamina and fitness to improve it which I'm sure he is doing.

I can't believe folk are saying Forbes is shite????? :P;) In our last 3 games when he has been subbed, our midfield and its shape has went to fuck. Added to the fact that he very rarely gives the ball away and can score a lot of goals from midfield, he is fast becoming a necessity to our team. Is he now shite because he hasn't scored a 25 yarder for a while? I sometimes wonder what football, if any, some of our fans have ever watched. Fair enough the lad can tire a bit later in the match, but its very easy for a professional athlete to work at his stamina and fitness to improve it which I'm sure he is doing.

C'mon mate - the midfield has no shape when he is playing! Forbes quite clearly has issues, whether it is fitness or whether it is performance - otherwise Gannon wouldn't sub him at half time for the last 3 games. What we are seeing is the usual with young players - inconsistency! A stint on the sidelines to refresh him and to get his 2 feet back on the ground - would do him the world of good!

As for going anywhere - cant see anyone taking a chance on him yet as he requires far too much work at present - nowhere near the level as the guys that have left in the past!!

C'mon mate - the midfield has no shape when he is playing! Forbes quite clearly has issues,

Bollocks. We were pumping Aberdeen and Dundee Utd when he and another have went to be replaced by Lasley and O'Brien we have hardly kicked a ball and our midfield would've been aswell joining him in the dressing room

Bollocks. We were pumping Aberdeen and Dundee Utd when he and another have went to be replaced by Lasley and O'Brien we have hardly kicked a ball and our midfield would've been aswell joining him in the dressing room

That had nothing to do with Forbes going off daftie! That had to do with the tactics we played - sitting in and trying to hit teams on the break and not going for the killer goal! Get away from your shrine and look at the bigger picture!

That had nothing to do with Forbes going off daftie! That had to do with the tactics we played - sitting in and trying to hit teams on the break and not going for the killer goal! Get away from your shrine and look at the bigger picture!

So Forbes goes off against Dundee Utd and his replacement gives away the equaliser. Our midfield have hardly kicked a ball when the Forbes isn't there because the three work well together Daftie! If you are so blinkered that you can't see what he brings to the team then I worry. If you think our tactics are to invite all the pressure onto us when we have no players to start counter attacks (except Murphy) then you are very much mistaken.

So Forbes goes off against Dundee Utd and his replacement gives away the equaliser. Our midfield have hardly kicked a ball when the Forbes isn't there because the three work well together Daftie! If you are so blinkered that you can't see what he brings to the team then I worry. If you think our tactics are to invite all the pressure onto us when we have no players to start counter attacks (except Murphy) then you are very much mistaken.

Do you watch the games? Do you watch how we have let teams come on to us time & time again? THAT is why we are throwing games away - not because a kid who is a decent player is not on the park!! He aint a god - he is an ok player with decent potential - who recently is blowing out his backside after half an hour, has started to give the ball away more and quite clearly needs a rest from the game for a few weeks. Think you are rating the boy too highly, he aint that good yet and will be a few years before he gets close to going anywhere.

I don't know whether there's more to come or what we've seen in the early part of the season will be as a good as it gets but I do think Ross is due a bit more slack than some are willing to give him at the moment. He's still learning his trade in the top flight and is still pretty young.

I do like him myself. I think he has a decent range of passing and his ability to find the net is one that I don't think currently we are in a position to sniff at.

I can understand why he frustrates at times and clearly there are some questions about his physique and defensive capabilities. I would argue though that at this stage in his career, entitled as we are to make our feelings known, we try to emphasis the positives and try to help him flourish rather than become scared to attempt to some of the passes he currently does.

I don't know whether there's more to come or what we've seen in the early part of the season will be as a good as it gets but I do think Ross is due a bit more slack than some are willing to give him at the moment. He's still learning his trade in the top flight and is still pretty young.

I do like him myself. I think he has a decent range of passing and his ability to find the net is one that I don't think currently we are in a position to sniff at.

I can understand why he frustrates at times and clearly there are some questions about his physique and defensive capabilities. I would argue though that at this stage in his career, entitled as we are to make our feelings known, we try to emphasis the positives and try to help him flourish rather than become scared to attempt to some of the passes he currently does.

I agree - i think right now he could be a good player, but needs a rest to get fitness and confidence together - i also think that we expect too much from him at times as well

OK. I don't think we should be swapping Forbes for Ruddy. Why weaken the squad? Jennings will likely be gone given his lack of opportunities, Lasley isn't in the long-term plans it seems, Fizzy and McGarry aren't likely to be around, etc, so why weaken the midfield by giving up a youngster who we can build around?

This just made the post for me.

Fuck, he's tired, better sell him.